1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

North Ridge - 103.3 Edgfest September 2

Discussion in 'FanForce' started by Bobachris12, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Bobachris12 NE USA RSA

What: Edgfest
    When: Sunday September 2, 2012
    Where: Buffalo Outer Harbor, Fuhrman Blvd
    Time: Arrival - 3pm Ready in Costume - 3:45pm

We have been asked to provide 2 Stormtroopers to "stand guard" near the main entrance by Security as people enter the concert. We will have a secured place to change (probably a tent of some sort) and food and drink will be provided all day to us.

Gates open at 4 pm with the first band hitting the stage at 5:30. The last band plays at 10:30. We can stay as long as we want and will have passes to enjoy the show from the stage or backstage. I expressed my security and safety concerns and am told that our appearance will be contained to the main stage and the backstage area.

Parking will be free and your name will be added to a list that will be given to Security.

We are limited to 10 costumers who can attend, with 1 wrangler and 1 photographer permitted to attend as well.

Please post your interest ASAP as the station would like to announce our appearance with specific characters that are available.

Above added - 8/28/12 3:30pm

AVAILABLE
    Chris - Vader
    Bill R - Quinlan Vos

UNAVAILABLE
    Bryan

I was contacted through a Facebook friend who DJs at the station and asked about my profile picture. After explaining that is my Vader costume, we briefly chatted about an appearance at their end of summer concert. It is being promoted as the Return of Edgfest along with a Star Wars twist on their radio promos.

I played phone tag on Friday with thf stations Promotions Director bug will hammer out the details in the next day of so. The initial email requested a few costumers at the main ticket gate, with additional characters needed in the VIP area as well as helping to introduce the bands on stage.

You will need a costume to attend this event, bug there may be room for 1 or 2 squires. There may be a limit on the number of costumers as well. We will not have a group table to promote ourselves, bug I will request an announcement or two of who we are.

My biggest concerns are security for us as well as a place to change as it is being held at the old pier location on Fuhrman Blvd.

Please post your interest do I know if we have enough people to staff this.
  2. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight

What is the timeframe on this?
  3. BPStoyle Jedi Master

I'm out for this.
  4. MilosMom Jedi Knight

On call, can't do this.
  5. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight

Can we get any discounted tickets or comp tickets for one or two family members?
  6. Bobachris12 NE USA RSA

I'll see what we can do Bill
  7. MrLevitan Jedi Knight

I'm in. I will bring the costumes we discussed in the email.
  8. Bobachris12 NE USA RSA

Anyone else? I am sending the names for passes and can add until tomorrow morning.
  9. CapturedJedi Jedi Knight

10. TK-9510 Jedi Master

As per email, Peter Jr. and I will be available for this.
  11. TK-9510 Jedi Master

We meeting up at a particular parking spot?
  12. Bobachris12 NE USA RSA

Bill, Gil and I are meeting up on the way and carpooling. Any suggestions where we can all meet close by the event to meet?
  13. Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Master

Sorry for the late reply - I somehow missed this thread. Think it's because I have been only checking the 'Northeast' threads.

Unfortunately, I am out for this one.