1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

NorthEast North Ridge - Buffalo Comiccon - October 7

Discussion in 'FanForce' started by BPStoyle, Aug 13, 2012.

1. BPStoyle Jedi Master

Date: Sunday October 7
    Time: 9am (Setup), Appearance 10am - 4pm (Shifts ok)
    Location: Marriott Inn, Millersport Highway, Amherst (near UB North Campus)

Emil (from Queen City Bookstore) is organizing the Buffalo Comiccon event this October (http://www.buffalocomicon.com/). After a successful appearance at Free Comic Book Day in May, he has asked us to appear as a part of his Comiccon festivities.

He is renting a hotel room for us to change and stash our belongings while we appear in costume. He is also getting lunch for the group.

What's been requested:

Table - Non-costumed members who are willing to help with the table will be able to contribute here. We will need some folks to help with setting this up around 9am before the actual convention begins.

Photo Appearances - Costumed members will likely be free to roam, but Emil has given us an area to put up the photo backdrop. We will need some folks to help with setting this up around 9am before the actual convention begins.

Dueling Demos - Not as full of a production as the Bisons appearance, but Emil has asked if possible that we present some dueling demos. We will have an area for duels that will be roped off from the crowd. This can be as simple as individual duels between members strung along one after another. Emil has asked the first demo start around 12 noon. We can repeat the same demo or do different demos throughout the day depending on how much material people come up with by then.

It's been suggested that folks who do not want to commit to the whole day take shifts so we have enough people throughout the day. Please post if you can make it, if you're costuming, and if you care to participate in dueling.
  2. WookieeJedi Jedi Knight

Costuming!!!!! DUELING!!!!! And free food!!!!! You can count me in.........so who wants a piece of chewdooku in a duel???!!!!! Lets do this
  3. VideoPrince Jedi Knight

We will be available for this, however, we have also taken 3 dealer's tables to clear out the archive.
  4. Otto_den_Ktulu Jedi Knight

I'm in. For dueling too.
  5. CapturedJedi Jedi Knight

I am in full day. imp crewman and gunner
  6. MilosMom Jedi Knight

Will help where ever needed.
  7. quigonschuel Jedi Master

Can't do full day, perhaps a mid-afternoon shift is possible costumed or not.
  8. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight

Put me down for all day! And, let's get that dueling club up and running or at least, Chewdooku, we need to start working up and practicing some sets.
  9. Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Master

I wouldn't be available until about 1 pm, but could work the table for the rest of the afternoon. No dueling, no falling, no walking....no, no, no....
  10. Darth Jelley Jedi Knight

I'll have to ask the wife...LOL
  11. Darth Jelley Jedi Knight

Ooooooh. Maybe. I'd have to see. LOL
  12. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

I'm in for this. Droid too if I can get him there.
  13. MassageVentress Jedi Padawan

Oh I'll take a piece of that!!!!! [face_devil]

Count me in.....
  14. Darth Jelley Jedi Knight

Wife says OK. I will be there in costume (all day if needed) wife said she is able to work the tables. (would love to duel but my saber isn't duel worthy LOL so unless I can bum one for the day...)
  15. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

I have an extra saber if needed.
  16. RingoStarrkiller Jedi Knight

Spooder-Man may make an appearance if he's ready to go.
  17. Darth erebus Jedi Master

im in! i should have a working sith stalker costume by then. mwuahahaha! jedi beware!

[IMG]

progress pic!
    JediXXL likes this.
  18. 72Princess Jedi Knight

I'm in!! For all day!!!!!
  19. Darth erebus Jedi Master

Is there any plans for a regular meeting coming up at all?
  20. JediXXL Jedi Master

Wow that mask looks awesome! Nice work.

If I'm not at NYCC I should be able to swing by...