1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

Lit Pre-1999 "Clone Wars" Jedi

Discussion in 'Expanded Universe' started by cthugha-temp, Jun 6, 2012.

1. cthugha-temp Jedi Master

I just re-read the Dark Empire Handbook and was struck by the fact that Vima-da-Boda is said to have quite an interesting backstory set during the Clone Wars (involving her daughter Neema falling to the dark side) -- but I can recall neither her nor any part of that story ever being referenced, even in passing, in the more recent PT-era EU.

Other "Bantam era" (for want of a better term) Jedi I can think of that have so far gone mostly unreferenced are:
    - Beldorion (okay, I realize nobody really seems to like Planet of Twilight, but a self-obsessed Hutt Jedi could make for some good stories... see Scourge)
    - Master Plett (from Children of the Jedi; to be fair, he was mostly out of the way on Belsavis)
    - Ood Bnar (okay, he's kind of stuck on Ossus and "dormant" IIRC)
    - Jerec (mentioned in a couple of roleplaying sources and out of the way in the Unknown Regions, but I'm sure he could be used to some effect)

Then there are some that have seen more use, such as Empatojayos Brand (who is in Jedi Starfighter, apparently; still I'd like to see more of him during the Clone Wars, maybe something involving Palpatine, what with him being the ultimate nail in that guy's coffin at the end). Nejaa Halcyon and Ylenic It'kla got some appearances, and of course Callista, Altis and their club were retconned and used to great effect in TCW: No Prisoners. (Twisting the apparent contradiction of married Jedi into something that forces Anakin to really face the dilemma of his relationship with Padme and his role as a Jedi was awesome, if you ask me.)

But are there others? I'm sure there are others. And how could they be used? Would you like to see Beldorion or Brand in a TCW episode, for instance? (I sure would, all the continuity hate the series gets notwithstanding.)
  2. Gorefiend Jedi Grand Master

Kam Solusar and his father Ranik could work as well. I general Kam would be the one of Lukes Jedi Order side characters that would properly most deserve his own novel, especially if it is written in a chronicle style. After all Kam is pretty much the only character from Dark Empire that hasn’t disappeared to somewhere off screen (though granted not much from Dark Empire survived anyway).
  3. Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master

Plett does get referenced in Imperial Commando: 501st, or maybe to be more accurate, Plett's Well is referenced, along with the Jedi refugees headed there after Order 66.
  4. JackG Jedi Grand Master

The Jedi Archivist that fled to Toola after Order 66 is another.
  5. cthugha-temp Jedi Master

That's good to hear, didn't get around to that novel yet.

Ranik Solusar... another one of these Jedi-with-kids. There are some nice stories there (thinking of a Blood Ties-esque Ranik/Kam novel now, maybe featuring Kam's time as a darksider and his coming back to the light)... and I would really like to see other novels focusing on members of the NJO (old man Streen would get my vote, too).
  6. Plaristes Jedi Knight

Morvet Storm hasn't appeared yet. Thankfully, due to Abel's work, Halagad Ventor has gotten some love.
  7. Havac Moderator of Your Temporary Lit Substitute

Jerec was in fact mentioned in the Republic comics, which made my day.

I'd love to see more of him (and also Maw, another former Jedi).
  8. Cathy Jedi Master

Still waiting for Aidan Bok to get his own Clone Wars/Dark Times-era YA series, preferably written by not Jude Watson.
  9. Force Smuggler Jedi Grand Master

That story sounds interesting. Won't lie
  10. Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Master

Right here. Really wish this had been covered at some point, and there were a few places it would have made sense to do so.
  11. Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Padawan

Jedi Princess Kendalina has to have been around somewhere.
  12. RC-1991 Jedi Master

Perhaps she was part of some holdover Jedi Enclave from the last part of the New Sith Wars?