1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

Clone Wars Sen. Padme Amidala (L-Chommell)

Discussion in 'Television' started by QFET, Apr 4, 2012.

Moderators: Seerow, Sith Star Slayer
  1. anakinfansince1983 Shelf of Shame "Winner"

You don't have to defend your opinion that she's boring. My point was that your thinking that she is boring, does not translate to a psychological problem for any character or fan who disagrees with you.

IOW, Anakin does not have Mommy issues simply because you think Padme is boring. Maybe he just has different taste than you do.
  2. bananarama Jedi Master

i dont know but it seems realy strange why Padme looks like the younger sister of Shmi. Also Anakin trying to make her compliments as a 9 or 10 Year old....

Thats just not normal for a boy that age! Boys in that age should play with their pod racers and dont talk to 17 year old women which look exactly like their mothers...

[face_sick]

I begin to think that Padme is just a Plot device herself. It seems her character has not any meaning for Lucas and Filoni.

We never saw any character development of her...
  3. anakinfansince1983 Shelf of Shame "Winner"

Padme was 14, not 17, and I saw nothing abnormal about Anakin's behavior (and I work with kids that age, I have a pretty good idea of what's "normal"). I didn't see much resemblance between Padme and Shmi either, other than similar coloring.

As I said, you're entitled to dislike Padme, but the notion that "anyone who doesn't share my taste must have some perversion" is a bit arrogant.

At best, it seems you are going out of your way to justify your personal opinion of Padme as the only "correct" one, as opposed to accepting that the characters (and some of the other viewers) might see her differently than you do--and they aren't "sick" or "wrong" for doing so.
  4. Seerow LACWAC Moderator Spontaneous Maximus

Manager
    Older actresses play young teens all the time. I agree Padme and Shmi look little alike.
  5. bananarama Jedi Master

Anyone can clearly see that. Natalie Portman was nearly 19 in TPM, how could such a woman play a 14 year old girl? Thats not possible. Padme is more than 6 years older than Ani and he makes totaly weird claims "Are you an Angel?", she said it herself "You are a funny (Wierd) little boy? How do you know such things?"

I think Anakin should go to a doctor and i also think that Padme seems to be always just Padme. Lucas did not interest himself for her or her feelings/thoughts. She is just there to give Anakin A REASON...A reason to go mad. Than magically she dies of BROKENHEART...:rolleyes:

I just wonder, hey girl you have two beautifull kids and they should give you enough power to live on. But you decide to be a shameless egoistic B....h and die because your lover goind mad...

That Anakin/Padme Love was so emberassing i am still very angry about Lucas. He did not care for Padme and she was definatly just a plot device to be killed off (disposed)...

Why she had to die in the first place? She said Vader that she ended the relation. Vaders scream was totaly overdone. She said she dont want him anymore, if he is a massmurderer...

Lucas is not good in love issues. Harrison Ford and Carry fisher made Han/Leia couple work. But hAYDEN cristensen was just to ignorant to use Natalie portmans good co playing..
  6. anakinfansince1983 Shelf of Shame "Winner"

Whatever, dude. Natalie Portman was born in 1981, TPM was filmed in 1997 so she was 16 (she was 17, almost 18, when the film was released in 1999) and the script says "clearly" that Padme is 14. And LOL at the notion that repeating your earlier points will actually sway me to believe them.

You don't like Padme, fine, that's your prerogative. But I won't be convinced based solely on your dislike of Padme that there was something wrong with Anakin because he liked her.
  7. bananarama Jedi Master

Did you even have read my Posting?

I dont think so.
  8. anakinfansince1983 Shelf of Shame "Winner"

What are you basing that on?
  9. bananarama Jedi Master

i feel pitty for padme, not hate.
  10. anakinfansince1983 Shelf of Shame "Winner"

11. AkashKedavra_93 Jedi Grand Master

12. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Master

Yes, and they try I guess to balance it out with Leia Amidala..while what they are doing is making her really unbalance and inconsistent. Taber just makes things all the more worse.

Not really...Maybe in Bomba Jedi but thats not attributed to her...she's treated more as a plot point than an actual character...and what she causes for the most part for- as you well put it -her lack of brains the show. I'm curious, with what stupidity did Padmè commit in A friend In Need? Haven't seen it.

Yes, the use of the use of Teckla does bother me ...this all she was before TCW:

[IMG]

WHERE ARE HER ACTUAL HANDMAIDENS???

Again what bothers me as I have explain to you already is how stupid Padmè a comes across when apparently she dosen't know how the war is effecting Naboo prior to her her talk with her "aid" which seems a little far fethced therefore contrived...considering she has family, friends & colleagues there.*peace*

@bananarama o_O um..we are not discussing PT Padmè here.but I will say I disagree with this:

. But hAYDEN cristensen was just to ignorant to use Natalie portmans good co playing... Natalie is no better...she failed miserably with Lee.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master

As I already said in the quote you just quoted, I just don't see why her not being up on Teckla's personal life would have to mean she has no idea what's happening on Naboo. You can interpret it that way if you choose to, but I didn't at all, and there's no necessary correlation there. Peace.
  14. DanGrievous Jedi Grand Master

I love this chart! SO TRUE! Kudos to the one who made it...

Now, I was real apathetic to Padme and kinda bored by her.
    But after Shadow Warrior and Mercy Mission - I despise her TCW character.
    For several season they build her as the ultimate fighter against the war and an uber-pacifist that wants to save lifes of millions BUT... BUT then in Shadow Warrior she sacrificed millions and continued the war just so she could have her way with the Aniii. If that was not bad enough, she took the advice from Jar Jar and Lyonnie - Why?! Who takes advice from that thing and is credible later in his life?!

3 seasons of building the pacifist, killing us with S3 politics and then a huge (rude gester) to that whole thing in one move that turned her character into not only the most annoying character on the show but also the worst hypocrite ever in SW!

Then in Mercy Mission she is back to her old ways!

PS: She made Tarpals (the only bad*** gungan)'s sacrifice null and void - that was the last straw!

The best character in that deleted scene was Poggle anyway!
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Valairy_Scot Jedi Grand Master

And not once has there been any HINT of any consequences - even if the consequences are "right decision." The mere fact that we are going "What the?" means at least someone in GFFA should also be.
  16. QFET Jedi Grand Master

Belatedly, I respond. :p

This is why Pursuit Of Peace is one of just two TCW episodes I don't include in my personal canon. If Padme goes as far as proposing that the Senate defund the GAR at the height of the conflict, why is it that she becomes the frontwoman of the Petition of the 2000? Come to think of it, even Bail Organa being such a vociferous peacenik as Padme was in this episode would make him a political pariah by the time of ROTS when the Republic is almost dictatorial and aflame with triumphalist jingoism. The debate needed to be framed differently. There needs to be more complexity.

If the writers really wanted to take inspiration from modern American politics, rather than look at the 2009/2010 deficit and financial regulation debates, why not look at the many shades of grey of the War on Terror? Obama, Bush, their administrations, the U.S. Congress, the CIA, DHS, the U.S. Military... absolutely no-one's hands are clean, not even the electorate. Pursuit Of Peace seemed like it was in part a misguided attempt to make Padme seem angelic in comparison to the rest of the Galactic Senate, the Jedi and the Republic at large. What the past few years of American foreign policy have proven is that no-one can keep the moral high ground for long. Padme certainly didn't in AOTC.

TCW's military episodes - going back as far as The Hidden Enemy - have portrayed many shades of grey. The series has handled the matter of Order 66 with a sensitivity lacking in this one Padme/politics episode. It is possible to do it correctly, but the writers need to think it through very carefully.
    QFET,
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master

If I ever get to use the term "triumphalist jingoism" in a sentence I will be one happy dude. But seriously, great post. =D=
    Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  18. bananarama Jedi Master

Huh? What are you talking about? Did Padme had a secret afair with Dooku?

I meant the Roleplaying for a love couple. Not the usual roleplay (in that, all of them beside Liam Neeson was miserable)

Seeing Ewan mcgregor staring into nowhere in Dexters 3D diner made me SAD AND ANGRY!!!

PT was very lousy acting. None of them realy played their role. They was paralyzied from the green screen around them.
  19. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Master

True, so we agreed to disagree a while ago.:p

What makes it wore is that her actions go against everyting we are told about her in in the movies...PT Padmè would have offered herself in exchange of Anakin before cutting loose Grievous like that! I'm telling you someone in the crew hates her.

@DanGrievous: What did you found so horrible Mercy Mission? I thought it was her best cameo...the one after that however..[face_sick]

Which she sort of is in the in the grand scheme of the Saga but TCW needs more eloquent ways to show it. Great post BTW!

My apologies @bananarama...I don't argee anyway.

I don't think I quoted Kias properly so repostng:

Not really...Maybe in Bomba Jedi but thats not attributed to her...she's treated more as a plot point than an actual character...and what she causes for the most part for- as you well put it -her lack of brains the show. I'm curious, with what stupidity did Padmè commit in A friend In Need? Haven't seen it.
    QFET and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  20. AkashKedavra_93 Jedi Grand Master

@Lady_Skywalker87: In A Friend in Need, there is a peace conference on Mandalore between the Republic and the CIS. Lux comes in and accuses Dooku of his mother's murder and the CIS takes him away. Ahsoka requests Padmé to let her do something about the situation because she doesn't want Lux to die. Padmé agrees to let Ahsoka help Lux but warns her to be discreet, which Ahsoka subsequently is not.
Moderators: Seerow, Sith Star Slayer