1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

FanFic The Lounge (fanfic social thread is back)

Discussion in 'Fan Activities' started by SilSolo, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Keagle Jedi Knight

It is a priority on my to-do list this summer :-B. It's funny that all my worst injuries from my playing days came from my own team mates [face_sigh]. Concussions are complex, but at least there's more awareness to them now, especially in youth sports. Not everybody takes them as seriously as they should, though :(.

Edit: On a sidenote, I'm so proud that I figured out how to multiquote. [face_dancing]Woo-hoo! [face_party]
  2. TrakNar Jedi Grand Master

Concussions are not fun. Definitely get checked out. I wish I had the foresight to do so when I suffered one way back in high school.
  3. Valairy_Scot Jedi Grand Master

Now that we can see how many "hits" a story has, is anyone else surprised by the ratio of posts to hits? It makes one wonder if the hits w/o posts reflect a lack of words or a dislike of the post - am I getting paranoid again? ;)
  4. Iverna Jedi Master

Sorry I'm new to all these terms... d'you mean the fact that there tends to be less replies than views on individual threads? I think that's pretty normal...
  5. YodaKenobi Jedi Master

Whenever someone hits me, I assume "dislike."
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. TrakNar Jedi Grand Master

I'd just plain be happy to see how many people have been at the very least taking a peak at my stuff, rather than avoiding it like the plague.
  7. Valairy_Scot Jedi Grand Master

:D True, true.

But we used to - sometimes - get more than 1 or 2 replies on the old boards.
  8. It_is_me_ardavenport Jedi Master

Not a bit surprising at all. On the other site where I post fics 100 to 1 ratio hits to replies is a good return.:eek: Most times, it's much worse.:rolleyes: I prefer to think that most people can't think of anything more interesting than, 'Liked it.' or maybe they don't want to log in to reply, or you've written about a SW character who isn't their favorite.

9. Draconarius Jedi Grand Master

This right here is my problem more often than not. I'm very glad we have an actual button for that, now. I predict I shall get good use out of it. :D

@Valairy_Scot: I don't think we can expect much of any sort of activity fic-wise until we reach the new boards. I'd say a good half of the regulars haven't come across to these temp ones.
  10. Valairy_Scot Jedi Grand Master

11. LazyK Jedi Master

I'm starting to think the dozen or so hits-without-replies I get are either Mods who have me figured for a troublemaker or people logged in at three in the morning who are desperate for something new to read. [face_paranoid] :D

- lazy
    Valairy_Scot likes this.
  12. Ceillean Jedi Master

I'm pretty sure that when we've finally moved the posts/replies will go up. Especially in the fanfic section. A lot of regular fanfic authors haven't signed up on the temp boards.
  13. JainaSoloYJK Jedi Master

You mean we're actually still moving? :p
  14. Ceillean Jedi Master

I'm not about to give up hope just yet :p
  15. mavjade Fan Activites/Fanfic Moddess

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about replies here, there are a LOT of people who are waiting on the real boards.

Yes, I promise we are still moving, it's just taking a lot longer to work out all the kinks than we anticipated. 8-}
  16. Ceillean Jedi Master

Soooo...soccer game is over. Germany won. Not that that's surprsing. *coughs* :p Lots and lots and LOTS of happy shouts and screaming going on.

[face_party]
  17. YodaKenobi Jedi Master

I miss posting and reading stories :(
  18. Book-Geek Jedi Master

Not surprised there either. What was the final score?

I can't wait for tomorrow's Spain/France game!
  19. TrakNar Jedi Grand Master

Me too.

We should change that and post and read stories. Let's restart the Dear Diary Challenge, Temporarily-Permanent, Permanently-Temporary version!
  20. Ceillean Jedi Master

4:2 for Germany