1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

FanFic The Lounge (fanfic social thread is back)

Discussion in 'Fan Activities' started by SilSolo, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Valairy_Scot Jedi Grand Master

For you, Earlybird: @};-
    earlybird likes this.
  2. serendipityaey Jedi Master

Sad to be missing the con and all the get-togethers! Any interesting info yet from the panels or anything?
  3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Master

You know what's awesome for writing fanfic? IPhone 4s voice command feature. I can write all my stories as I say it rather than try to think it up and type it out. And it is so much faster!

Oh my God! What rock have I been living under all these years?! This is so awesome! Screw the iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Dana Jedi Master

Anyone have advice for dealing with instructors who are bullies? I'm about a week away from finishing nail tech school and I'm at the end of my rope with the teacher, who owns the school. It's gotten to the point where I literally feel sick at the thought of going to school, but I know I have to finish. I NEED to finish and get out of there. I just don't know how to make it through these last few days.
  5. Iverna Jedi Master

Other than keep reminding yourself that it's only a week, I don't know. I guess it'd depend on what exactly the teacher's doing. I'm guessing they're not stealing your lunch and throwing it on the floor. :p When I had difficult teachers at college I kept as much personal distance as I could, focused on what they could teach me, and ignored everything else. Smile, nod, say thank you, count your blessings that you're getting an education, and keep your spirit inside where they can't break it.
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin

If it's only a week I'd just grit your teeth and get through it. Promise to treat yourself to something nice once you get through. However it does depend on the type of bullying. If you're being physically threatened or sexually harassed you could take it to the authorities. If the teacher is just a mean pain in the proverbial I'd go for the gritting of teeth.

Are any of the other students having the same issue?
  7. Dana Jedi Master

I dunno. Some seem to be having no problem, some are terrified like me. I think it's about to get better, though, 'cause I was briefed today on what I need to accomplish before now and the end of school and I have an actual end date. So that's good.

I think I'm going to just go with the grin-and-bear-it routine as much as I can, and tranq myself into a state where I can't get anxious. LOL I've been on anti-anxiety meds for almost four years, on one little dose, and I've literally had to double it just to get through school. Fortunately, my prescriber said that was okay.

So my book that I'm writing took a weird turn this weekend. The confrontation with the series antagonist that I'd been planning to have as the climax? It's in the middle. o_O
  8. TrakNar Jedi Grand Master

It's only one week. Keep telling yourself that. It's only one week. It's only one week. And seeing as how it's Wednesday, it's only a half a week. Then, afterward, once everything is all said and done and you're home free...

...key the teacher's car in the middle of the night. :p
  9. Dana Jedi Master

LOL.

My instructor, after telling me yesterday that an assignment was optional for me, let one of the other students badger him into making me do it today. I have three days of school left, three tests to study for and somehow take over the next three school days, and now I have to do a full-blown business plan presentation, complete with photoshopped pictures of my "salon". At least I have the weekend to do it; I have Friday, Monday, and Tuesday off.

I also have the joy of having to do the presentation in full business attire, which means I have to go blow money on something . . . businessy. They don't really make well-fitting business-type shirts for women with my bust size. *sigh*

Whine, whine.

Anyone have any plans for the Labor Day weekend?
  10. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin

Dana - I'd check charity or second hand shops for the business attire - you might save some money. (Especially if you think you'll only wear it once). Here in the UK there are charities accessible through the local Job Centre (unemployment office) that will help with attire for interviews for unemployed people. Don't know if there's anything like that in your area.
  11. Valairy_Scot Jedi Grand Master

Dana, I know your problem, unfortunately. I happened to find a nice fitting blouse at Macy - Women's Sizes. Usually a Woman's size is way too large everywhere except where I need it but I've found some of Macy's to be actually well fitting - and not that expensive.

Good luck with any Value Village type places - finding something to size is almost impossible if you're busty and especially if you add short to it.
  12. TrakNar Jedi Grand Master

Check Goodwill and the Salvation Army.

Though, I'm prolly not the best person to ask about business attire. My idea of business attire is a button-down shirt of some sort and slacks... and sneakers. That's as businessy as I get.
  13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Master

I will never be able to look at the Dooku/Jocasta ship the same way EVER again. :eek::oops:
  14. Ramza FanAct Manager; Probably Going to Destroy Us All

You might say it's enough to make you want to claw your eyes out. :p
  15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Master

Its twisted and ironic at the same time.

Fortunately they are of the same age so its not possible. Thankfully.