1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

NorthEast The North Ridge Turns Ten - 10th Anniversary Discussion

Discussion in 'FanForce' started by BPStoyle, Aug 13, 2012.

1. BPStoyle Jedi Master

Hi everyone!

I'd like to get some discussion going on plans we can make to celebrate The North Ridge's 10th Anniversary. I believe the official anniversary date is September 25th (please correct me if I'm wrong on that). Since that's in the middle of the week, I'd like to propose something on the weekends to hopefully maximize the number of people who can celebrate.

Proposed dates:
    • Saturday 9/22
    • Sunday 9/23
    • Saturday 9/29
    • Sunday 9/30

Last year we organized a nice dinner out to celebrate the group's 9th anniversary. Previous anniversary events were far more casual. What's everyone's thoughts?
  2. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

29th or 30th might work for me.
  3. 72Princess Jedi Knight

any of those dates should be fine for us- either a pot luck gathering or a dinner would be fine by us.
  4. MilosMom Jedi Knight

Dinner out is good. Pot luck is nice, but someone has to host and is then stuck with the clean-up even if people help. Any day is fine.
  5. WookieeJedi Jedi Knight

I can work on getting same place as last year if majority want to do nice dinner out again. The sooner we decide on date the better i can confirm a reservation for that date without hassles
  6. WookieeJedi Jedi Knight

Also i would like to prepose maybe a sort of mini competition for some of our talented peeps in our group to come up with North Ridge 10th anniversary logos with winning artwork by popular vote being used for run of shirts,patches, or whatever. Thoughts and concerns are much appreciated and welcome. I have a few ideas i want to work on once finished with present artwork job
  7. CapturedJedi Jedi Knight

I will go with the flow
  8. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight

Either weekend works. I'd say that a "round" number like ten warrants an evening out... maybe even guys wearing ties! Personally, I love the idea of an art contest with a panel of non-participant artists judging the entries and revealing their decisions at the event. Also, as I've only been with the group less than a year, perhaps each officer could prepare a little presentation/talk on their perspective on then ten years that between them all would only be 30-45 min total?
  9. BPStoyle Jedi Master

I think as long as we have some solid deadlines in place for any art competition we'll be fine. We're coming up on the end of the year and anything for the 10th anniversary will have to be done in short order. As long as we've got that, I'm cool with it. :)
  10. quigonschuel Jedi Master

The 29th might possibly work for me. As my son's birthday ALSO falls on Sept. 25th (he'll be 11), we will be doing something as a family on the 22nd or 23rd.
  11. VideoPrince Jedi Knight

As of right now, any of those 4 dates would work for us. Last year's dinner out was really nice. We had a private room, our own server and the food was very good. Thanks, Steve, for volunteering to do this if everyone else wants it.
  12. Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Master

I liked the private dining area as well. Makes the celebration seem a little more special. As long as we can do it with an affordable price per dinner, of course. I would not be able to attend on Sept. 30th. Thanks, Steve, for offering to re-book the place again. Maybe you can tell the newbies a little more about the place?

As a non-artist, I will be glad to enjoy artwork done by others, but my stick figures wouldn't impress anyone...
  13. JediProf Jedi Padawan

I agree last year was great! Any of the evenings would work for us.
  14. Darth Jelley Jedi Knight

Will check but weekend seems like the best choice for us.
  15. MassageVentress Jedi Padawan

September 22nd and 23rd won't work for me. I will be away that weekend. The other dates are good :D
  16. Darth Jelley Jedi Knight

Any of the weekends is good for us (with enough notice lol) wife is interested in the art thing... going out would be nice (we'd host but unless you all want to sit on top of each other with our two big dogs slobbering all over you....well LOL yeah our apartment is small)
  17. 72Princess Jedi Knight

It looks like the 29th/30th weekend is best so far. This is only 5 weeks out, for the sake of not scrambling at the last minute, I would suggest calling for locations and prices.
    Steve L- where was the dinner held last year and have you checked availability?
  18. Darth erebus Jedi Master

as of right now both weekends are doable but if it falls on the 29/30 then i would have to request off from work. but id have to know within the next week what the dates will be.

also id love to be part of an art contest. :)
  19. BPStoyle Jedi Master

I'm currently good with any of the four dates.

Last year, dinner was held in Pane's restaurant in North Tonawanda. It was a nice facility. I'm not opposed to doing Pane's again if they will have us.

So far our tally for good dates is:

Saturday 9/22
    Anna, Kathleen, Steve Sr., Bill, Larry, Janice, Elaine, Michelle, Mike & Kristin, Dave Baro., Bryan
    Total Available: 12

Sunday 9/23
    Anna, Kathleen, Steve Sr., Bill, Larry, Janice, Elaine, Michelle, Mike & Kristin, Dave Baro., Bryan

Saturday 9/29
    Jon, Anna, Kathleen, Steve Sr., Bill, Victor, Larry, Janice, Elaine, Michelle, Mike & Kristin, Dave Baro., Bryan
    Total Available: 14

Sunday 9/30
    Jon, Anna, Kathleen, Steve Sr., Bill, Larry, Janice, Michelle, Mike & Kristin, Dave Baro., Bryan

I'm not counting family in the tally even though they would be invited.

Not specifically stated good dates: Steve Lu. (Just let me know Steve, I didn't want to assume availability for all four dates just because you didn't state conflicts)
  20. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight

Looks like 9/29 is a winner!