1. The NEW boards are up and running!

Pacific The Oregon Fanforce

Discussion in 'FanForce' started by Larena_Jade, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Larena_Jade Jedi Youngling

"Bringing balance to the Pacific NW".... is this our tagline? Apparently it is according to our site:

Lets see if ANYONE in the OFF finds this!

...I've got to say, I don't have much hope...
  2. Jedi Gunny Jedi Grand Master

I was actually waiting to see if anyone from the OFF would show up here on the temp boards. This is a good sign. :D
  3. Jedi Dajuan Administerer: Protector of the Triforce

Forgive me for being dumb, but are you guys in the NW or Pacific region?
  4. Earwen Lightrider Spokantina CR & Former RSA

5. Morgaine GSFF CR

Gunny! And earwen! So nice to see some faces I actually still recognize. :) *waves from Europe* Hi there! My FanForce is a bit dead at the moment, so I'm just floating around, hope you don't mind.
  6. Jedi Gunny Jedi Grand Master

Not at all. We need the activity, because our board has been pretty much dead for a while now (on the old boards).
  7. Morgaine GSFF CR

Yeah, ours too. Guess I can't really complain, I've been completely absent for a couple of years myself, but still... it's a shame. I miss people. :(
  8. Larena_Jade Jedi Youngling

Well technically we are the Pacific NW :p

Can anyone tell me why I'm a youngling?! I've been on these boards since before the Prequels! :oops:
  9. Larena_Jade Jedi Youngling

Since before the prequels were in diapers!

10. Jedi Gunny Jedi Grand Master

We're all Jedi Younglings in rank when we join the site here. It's a board default, apparently.
  11. Earwen Lightrider Spokantina CR & Former RSA

It is part of this boards ranking system. Most of us probably have enough posts and things from the old board that once we move from the temporary one to the full board import - we shouldn't be younglings anymore.

I'm liking the setup of this board. Even if chapters go back to have subforums, I think that FanForce community will see some more activity with the current set up. :)

And yes, technically your FanForce and mine our in the Pacific NorthWest. Which I love - even if it has decided to snow every day of Spring so far.
  12. daenabenjen42 Jedi Master

I'm technically in the San Francisco Fan Force, but I didn't see a thread for them. Hi. :)
  13. Earwen Lightrider Spokantina CR & Former RSA

Feel free to make a thread for them if you would like. :)

My post up there should read are not our. *sigh*
  14. jawafett Jedi Padawan

Anyone attending a Free Comic Book Day event in your area? There are TFAW (Things From Another World) stores in Portland hosting 501st Legion/Rebel Legion characters as well as Tony's Kingdom of Comics in Keiser, Or. I will be going to Tony's if any OFF peeps want to meet up. Hope to see you there. Maybe even have an official meeting soon.

Jawafett aka Eric
    RL-ANH Han Solo
    Kashyyyk Base
  15. Jedi Gunny Jedi Grand Master

Nah, I had other things to do yesterday (see: working on biology paper). I think we all know what I would have rather done (go get a free comic book).
  16. Nightelfcrawler Jedi Youngling

Hi there, I've been looking for other fans in oregon. The OFF webpage seems to be either out of date, or upgrading, so there's no direct contact information... could anyone help me out in a way to contact any groups, fan clubs, etc. Love to be involved, I keep seeing costumeing groups in Portland, and would love to be a part of it. Been a fan since the originals came out and we got the movies on vhs! woohoo.

~ Jen
  17. Jedi Gunny Jedi Grand Master

Hi there! I seem to be one of only OFF members who are on these temp. boards. I can't really get you in touch with the costuming groups, as I am not part of them, but welcome abaord anyways.
  18. Nightelfcrawler Jedi Youngling

Thank you. It's been tough finding anyone, as the 501st Garrison sends me a domain error when I try to contact them, so I've not yet had the luck of meeting anyone in the area who's a fan. I still know very few people in the area, and wanted to find a way to meet other peeps like myself.
  19. Jedi Gunny Jedi Grand Master

The problem with our group is that a lot of our members have had Real Life interfere with their fandom, so we haven't met in a long while. Where do you live in Oregon? I'm in Portland, personally, but some of our other members live as far away as Salem or Estacada (I'm looking at you, Eric :p).
  20. Nightelfcrawler Jedi Youngling

I'm in Hillsboro, so nearby. And I totally understand RL stuff. I work full time myself... at a tv station, so the story we're covering today about a Star Wars Group helping a dad surprise his kid is what got me wanting to reach out and find other people.