main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics The Holiday Special - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Exar_Xan, Feb 23, 2003.

1. HAILZEON

HAILZEON Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    I'm Surprised no one has talked about this yet..

Amazons going to sell it...
    On EBAY if u look up the 10 disk collection (4,5,6, ROM, HOLIDAY SPECIAL DISC, When Star Wars Ruled, ect.) you could get it on DVD.

FROM AMAZON.com

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title on DVD, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

Intresting.

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I've seen clips of the special and just cant believe that anyone would want it. It was one of the worst things i have ever seen. Mark Hamill was in drag with all that make up of course it was after the car accident but it was awful to see anyway then the horrendous sound of Carrie Fisher singing :eek: not to mention Bea Arthur:confused:it's definitely Lucas's most embarrassing moment.[face_shhh]

3. LeiaShmiPadme

LeiaShmiPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Hello! [face_peace]

I downloaded the HS. All I can say is that I feel that a few brain cells did just pass away. [face_laugh]

The most distressing thing about this is that if it had been done right it might just have been good. The idea of Chewbacca needing to go home to be with his family on a holiday was good. The angle with the Imperial troops in Chewbacca's home is rather scary.

Now the story went basically nowhere. It just went from one odd thing to another. I really admire Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and the others for coming back to Star Wars. I am sure it was because George Lucas was in control and had such a great story with TESB.

In short I have no idea who came up with this story but I am glad they never had a chance to touch Star Wars again.

4. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Jefferson Starship steal the show with their illuminating instruments! [face_skull]

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I really feel like a failure of a fan that I haven't seen this yet.

But I did read the script. Not like it tramatized me or anything... I guess you actually have to see the darn thing to loose those brain cells.

6. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I think the Jefferson Starship are great on the show! Also, I'm sure all Lucas would have to do is take out Carries Song and Subtitle the wookies and he's got a great movie!

HS Fan!

7. LeiaShmiPadme

LeiaShmiPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Hello! [face_peace]

I think that a re-edit of the Holiday Special might just be what it needs. Maybe add some special effects and the Wookie subtitles it just might make it better. Also change the score and take out Carrie's song. It just might be interesting.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  8. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I have not seen the Holiday Special and is it really as bad as they say?

9. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Bad enough to make George Lucas cringe and try to erase it from his mind:eek:

10. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I heard GL wasn't really involved.

11. General_Grievous13

General_Grievous13 Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    Well, I seem to recall really loving the Star Wars Holiday Special as a wee child. Of course now that I've read some of the reviews out there for this sucker (Yes, it is available in the bootleg market.) I feel like cringeing in fear.

12. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Precisely[face_shhh]

13. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    Also, I'm sure all Lucas would have to do is take out Carries Song and Subtitle the wookies and he's got a great movie!

That'd actually be pretty nice. :D

14. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    We must start the Holiday Special SE project. Start working on what the wookies are gonna be saying.

15. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    The wookies would be singing..."oh wroshyr tree oh wroshyr tree oh how i love you wroshyr tree"=D= :D

16. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    Here's two bittorrent files of the holiday special, enjoy!

http://www.bogaa.org/details/140827.html
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/84010

17. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    AnakinBrego, those links aren't allowed to be posted here. I'd remove them right away. :)

18. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    How, I don't know how?!! I made that post last night!!!

19. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    *Turns to George Lucas.*

"I can feel your anger. Take up your hammer, smash the disk with it, and the Holiday Special will be no more"

20. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    THe problem with redoing the Holiday Special is when you get done cutting out all the junk all you will have left is the Boba Fett Cartoon,and that is really not that great,just OK and of historical interest becuase it is Boba's first appreance.
    Other then that the Holiday Special is beyond redemption.

21. sarlaccpit_48

sarlaccpit_48 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    Why does it seem someone always brings up the holiday special, asking if it will be on DVD. Give it up, its never going to happen. Hell Howard the Duck and Ewoks on Ice, combined were better than the holiday special. The only good thing the holiday special is good for, is the fist apperance of Boba Fett. I'm not exactly sure, but I don't think that the star wars databank, has any recolection of there being a holiday special. Lets just forget about it.

You will forget about the holiday special.

I will forget aboput the holiday special.

These arn't the droids you looking for.

These arn't the droids we're looking for.

Move along.

Move along.

22. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    From the Boba Fett article at the databank: He first appeared in an 11-minute animated segment of the lamentable "Star Wars Holiday Special" television broadcast in 1978.

23. TheAlternateReality

TheAlternateReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    I like the holiday special. It's good in its own way, and I want it on DVD. It won't hurt. Besides it is already available on DVD, from a certain point of view.

TheSithWriter likes this.
  24. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Actually it wasn't that bad. It was horrid, but not that horrid. The 11 minute Boba Fett cartoon kicked *** on so many levels.

25. Lakisha

Lakisha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Wasn't Luke and Leia in it??? Does anyone have screencaps???