main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I just recently got back into the figures, after having not bought any since about 2005. The vintage cards just pushed me over the edge! They about 9 dollars at Walmart, which is high, but the good thing is that the older Legacy and Clone Wars figures are about 3 dollars right now. I guess they're making room for the Phantom Menace theatrical release and new Clone Wars stuff.

2. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I've never heard of Pamida stores either. They simply don't exist on the east coast, so why would we have heard of them?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    The sheer volume basically makes it impossible to get everything, which actually suits me - something awesome pops up I'll grab it, but I don't feel any compulsion to be comprehensive about collecting new figures.

The McQuarrie collection was a bit of an exception, but there were only 13 figures anyway, four of which came in double sets the same price as the singles (C-3PO & R2-D2, Obi-Wan & Yoda). They did miss a few that would have been worth doing, this one really should have been in there:

Baron Lando Kadar

[image=http://www.df.lth.se/~ola/Starwars/Empire/images/empire20.jpg]

4. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I recently picked up a couple of those Target vintage three-packs, because they were like nine bucks, and I figured, at that price, why not? I also picked up a Tusken Raider from that TPM 3-D wave that was exclusive to Wal-Mart. I'm not going to get back into collecting SW figures heavily, but if I do get any, it would be favorite and main characters, and it would a once-in-a-while thing.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I can no longer justify buying SW toys and figures for myself... but I can do so for my son, so I get to enjoy these with / via him. :p

He got a few new figures for his birthday in November, and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter for Christmas. And my wife just found a TIE Bomber in excellent condition at a consignment sale for $3. Not sure how long ago that toy was made, but I think it might be discontinued and worth more than what she paid.

6. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Yeah, my son is only five nad a half, months old, but I can't wait until I can buy us...I mean him, some Star Wars toys. :)

thejeditraitor and whostheBossk like this.
  7. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I didn't buy any SW toys when I was a kid. I didn't like the 1977 movie when I first saw it.

8. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I was mystified by the "power of the force" figures (both red and green cards) when i was a kid. I remember after the 97 special edition they were EVERYWHERE. I wanted all of them! My favorite was bespin luke. I had an AT-ST, vaders TIE fighter, jabba the hutt with han solo, Lukes landspeeder, an x-wing fighter and a rancore that was BADASS. Every time I would go to the mall or toy store i had to see the star wars toys. I loved it all!

I also LOVED the micro machines toys. They were so much fun to play with because they were so small and just awesome.

Just looking at these pics makes me nostalgia hard.

http://imgur.com/a/XByut

<3 @};-

IMO these toys were ten times better than ANY of the old ones from the 80's. They were better in every way and basic enough that you could play with them. You didnt see any yellow lightsaber any where with POTF.

9. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I think my favorite was the Death Star, that was a great today. It didn't really hold up well, the cardboard panels got banged up very easily, but I loved it just the same. I remember going into my local store wanting to buy a SW toy and they were totally sold out. I was crushed! Then we were at the checkout and there was a lone C-3PO on an end cap, so he was my very first figure. I told that story to Anthony Daniels at CV. He asked me if I still had it, I told him that I did, but it had seen better days. Without missing a beat he said "So have I...". Great moment for me.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I had a lot of vintage SW toys, still do to some degree, but I think my favorites were Boba Fett and Slave I, my B-Wing (they were kinda rare), and the whole Hoth setup. Unfortunately none of those are still around, except Boba of course :-B

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They went out of business. There was one near me but it shut down years ago. This was in Ohio too

I have a Darth Vader carrying case that has a lot of toys in it somewhere

12. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    All of my action figures!

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. FirstStarWars

FirstStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Some reason my fav one to play with as a kid was Han Hoth, it looked so cool. The worst was the Bespin Guard

14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Actually, they're going out of business because they've been bought out by another retailer, Shopko. Pretty much most Pamidas are going to switch over to being Shopko stores, but they're having clearance sales to get rid of all the Pamida stuff first.

Just today, I went and shopped there and got a bunch of SW figures on deep discount.

15. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    My favorit was a Jango Fett figure from attack of the clones that i got when i was around 12 i think. It was my favorit because i wanted to get him for months, but my parents told me he was to expensive :(
    Also because he was the only toy that i had at the time, where you where able to take of his helmet :D I actually made a jango Fett toy like that out of paper, which had a slidable helmet, until i got the figure, ah good memories :)

16. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I could never choose a favorite.

17. Jeff McKissock

Jeff McKissock Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2012
    My favorites were the AT-AT Walker, The Imperial Shuttle, My vintage Imperial dignitary, and my Crimson Empire comic two pack :D

18. Trechari47

Trechari47 Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2012
    You know what's really scary is that if you were a toy yourself in a danger world for God. So your destiny basically is to go to war and get your head blown off. Toy Theory.

19. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    My favorite was my little jawa action figure - so cool. I chose the cloth cape 'cuz it was sooo much nicer than that dumb plastic one. sigh. :rolleyes:

Oh and a yoda action figure with the orange snake. My sister had all of the early bird originals and a landspeeder to go with them! She would never let me touch them. Who has them all now? That's right, me! [face_devil] Muwahahaha! Mine,mine, allll mine! And in perfect condition for being opened.

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    In 1977, for my birthday, my Dad got me three action figures. Looking back, I see we didn't have a lot of money but at 7 years old, I was thrilled with it. I got Luke, Han and Darth Vader. I will never forget that day.

Over the years I got more and I have fond memories of my X-Wing fighter, Hoth Snowspeeder and the original Cantina playset.

21. Mnhay27

Mnhay27 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Like a lot of people, my Millenium Falcon was probably my all time favourite. It was a toy I felt very lucky to have.

But I also had a real fondess for my Snowtrooper and Tri-Pod Laser Cannon.

I kick myself everytime I remember giving those away because I was "getting too old for toys"...

22. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    I would have to say that the Death Star playset was easily my favorite.

23. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My brothers and I had an X-wing, if I recall. It belonged to my older half-brother, and my younger brother and I inherited it, along with his other SW action figures. I recall trying to see how many GI Joes I could fit into the cockpit.

24. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Boo-urns

Will always have a soft spot for that figure - my first one from ESB. Hadn't seen the film yet, had no idea what 'Bespin Security Guards' would do, so it was a treat just glimpsing them in the film.

Similar to why I'll always love Lobot - hardly the most exciting role in the film, but I always enjoyed the more obscure characters who were made into figures. You could just make up your own story about them.

25. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    When I was four and first fell in love with Star Wars, I had a massive little-girl crush on C-3PO. My parents got me a POTF2 C-3PO figure (on the orange card too...I wish I'd saved it) and he came EVERYWHERE with me. Then, I got the little electronic beeping R2 that came with the Tatooine sand diorama, and my life was compelete :)