main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Official Saga 3D Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by obi-rob-kenobi4, Sep 28, 2010.

1. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    For the life of me I will just never understand how people who are members of a star wars message board will practically brag about how they are NOT going to go see the SW movies returning on the big screen. It might be another 20 something years before these films are re-released again. Whatever.

I will be going to see them all as many times as I can and I am going to love every min of it. I am going to enjoy the hype as much as I can and when I see commercials and clever promotional tie-ins it is going to make my day. I am going to record any/all coverage of it on tv with joy and enthusiasm. TPM Returned to the big screen for the 3rd time and kicked ass yet again despite being released on blu-ray just 6 months prier and the rest of the saga will kick ass as well. This is star wars and I am lucky enough to be able to say that I get to live it all over again.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  2. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Both 3-D releases are so far away, yet at least after we see AOTC in Sept, we only have a month to wait for ROTS.

3. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Yeah, it's just mindblowing! Give more money!

I saw the movie twice in theaters, bought it on DVD twice, and bought it on Blu-ray in HD. I don't feel the need to pay again to see it on a bigger screen. I really appreciate the work they put into the 3D conversion (I was at their presentation at CVI), but with my preferred movie right on the horizon, I'm just not interested. TPM in 3D literally bored me to tears.

I hope they'd release the movie earlier, like in June.

4. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Personally, I thought they were going to stick to a one a year plan and have them in January of every year. Apparently that plan has changed. Who knows, the OT in 3D might have all three in 1 year, who knows. I do have to agree with you, Drewton, the 3D gimmick of TPM was a "I don't care either way" thing. Since I can watch them on blu ray (which is the source for these conversions in the first place), meh. We'll see in a year.

5. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    I may not be able to afford a plain ticket to go to something like celebration 6 (i wish i could) and even if I had a round trip ticket I STILL would not be able to afford much of the awesome stuff that was on sale there.

That being said a simple movie ticket is not expensive and no one is going to convince me that it is. Its 9 to 12 bucks depending on where you live and for 3D its only a little extra. If these obnoxious middle school kids can overcrowd the theater every Friday and Saturday night than a grown man with a day job can catch a 12:00 matinee on a sunday or something.This is Star Wars on the big screen.

BoromirsFan and StarWarrior92 like this.
  6. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I personally go see movies with family, so it's expensive for me. Add 3D and double that for two movies released within a month, and that's really expensive for movies I already own.

I just don't care to see it anyway, when I can see it for the 22nd time in the exact same resolution in the comfort of my home. Hopefully in a few years I'll have some kind of 3D screen and can buy them in 3D.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  7. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Im not seeing it for the 3D, Im seeing it for the sake of the big screen. I don't remember what its like seeing Star Wars with actual star wars fans!

I was too young to go to these movies in the peak of their hype except for ROTS, and even I can't remember too much of that.

8. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I'd much rather watch Star Wars on the big screen (3-D or not) than at home on TV, even though I do have the films on Blu-Ray. Nothing beats the theatrical experience.

obi-rob-kenobi4 and Valairy_Scot like this.
  9. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm definitely skipping AOTC as I did TPM. I may go see ROTS, but even that one has a hard time holding up after repeat viewings (I tend to skip to the competent parts). Though at least Lucas isn't embarrassing himself by trying to put out TCW movie again in 3D. LOL.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    TCW movie in 3D... ughh, don't give them any ideas. :p

I think it will be cool to only have to wait a month to see ROTS after seeing AOTC, but we'll probably only see them once each. After that it's back to watching them at home. I liked the 3D in TPM (for the most part), but the main motivation in going is just to be able to see SW on the big screen again (and TPM was my son's first time seeing SW in a theater).

Also, as someone else said above, it would be cool if this change in approach (no longer doing them once per year in February) ends up meaning that the OT can all come out in one year.

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Was TPM in IMAX back in February?

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I wouldn't say bragging, but maybe it's because we each have our own personal preference as to which films we like and would rather save our money for those that we enjoy rather than throwing it away on the ones that we regard as inferior?

Personally, I don't like TPM or AOTC and I don't think I will ever pay to go see them again in the theater. Now, once we get to ROTS and the OT, I'll be right there in line alongside everyone else.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Drewton like this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Believe it or not I left TPM disappointed and swearing off SW when it first aird - learned to love (via fastforwarding parts when I got the DVD) - and went 3x to th 3D - and enjoyed every minute of it.

I've never seen AoTC in the theater (that's how bad a taste TPM left) and I cannot wait to see it - 3D in theater. And ROTS - I think I saw it close to 30 (well, at least 20) times in theater so I expect a few viewings in 3D.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ^:)^

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No.

16. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    Just wanted to say I absolutely love your icon and sig:-B