main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Micro Series & Genndy Tartakovsky appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Careful, Lord Kowak sees all.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I agree with you there. The PT is great, but they're not great movies, just good SW.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Go back a few more years.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Are you referring to anything specific or just making a joke? Although I like ANH better I still think ESB is a great film that far surpasses ROTJ.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It should be clear that I am referring to 1980-1981. ;)

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Like how without other people to proofread his work, Lucas ended up with some utter garbage writing in his earlier drafts. Plus there is the oft quoted "George, you can write this ****, but you sure as hell can't say it."

GGrievous likes this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    GGrievous Yes, that's when ESB came out, so that's why I asked what I did.

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    81 was Raiders, which is legitimately his last good contribution imo.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh okay, didn't know that, thanks for the clarification.

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    *locks doors and windows*

Huyang and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  11. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    He sees you when you're sleeping..... he knows when you're awake.......

12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

Huyang and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  13. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    I was actually going to make a thread about the series, because I recently saw Genndy's thoughts on the state of his series. He said that he was disappointed that its not even spoken of anymore. Man, I remember the promos for it way back when. I watched the first episode the day it came out. I thought it was amazing, I still do. And I do think that they did the timeline a little bit better because Anakin is younger in the series because I think it picks up right after where ATOC left off and then ends right before ROTS. I'm just ranting here but I don't like how they just went oh yeah there was no micro series but we have a new series called THE clone wars. Then a person asks well what about the micro series? and the people from lucasfilm go what? That didn't exist.lol so... anyway It's nice to have both series but to not acknowledge the micro series is blasphemy. oh and I read a comment on here about the droids and ewoks show. I was like oh yeah I remember that one. but clone wars the micro series was and will always be a GREAT SHOW. ^:)^

Lady_Skywalker87 and vong333 like this.
  14. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    ^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^=D=:D you sir are awesome. couldn't find the who thing on youtube.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I wonder if he knows the title "micro series." I would start calling it by its legit name, Star Wars: Clone Wars. :p

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm all for that. I think "micro-series" is simply more recognizable a name amongst the fanbase, since some people may not know exactly what Star Wars: Clone Wars is specifically because there's so much stuff about the era. Until 2008, I always knew Star Wars: The Clone Wars as that crappy 2002 video game with the Tales of the Jedi references.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah I always refer to it as Genndy's CW for (hopefully) clarity.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah Todd, I use to pair the name TCW with the video game.

Garth Maul For me, that name -- CW -- is what I call the entire pre-TCW Clone Wars material. I think you know that, though. :p

I usually say 'micro series,' when referring to the show, but I might change it to Genndy's CW or Star Wars: Clone Wars.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    You mean that AWESOME video game with those AMAZING Tales of the Jedi references? =P~ And that ancient Sith artifact Darth Tyranus digs up. =P~

20. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That game was awesome

21. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I dearly, dearly, love the microseries. Hate the art style. Love everything else about it. Proudly own the DVDs of it and would proudly buy blu rays if it wasn't being ignored like this.

Having said that, there is no reason TCW and the microseries can't coexist continuitywise. At least there isn't a reason yet. The only blatant visual contradiction is the appearance of the Ep 3 starfighter when Anakin has no scar and short hair.

Secondly, until Leeland says the microseries isn't canon, I refuse to accept that it isn't. I don't care what Filoni, Georgie, or even Tartakovsky himself say. Leeland is the go-to man on the canocity of these things, and his most recent statements suggest that events from this series do happen. The battle of Dantooine is even mentioned in TCW related games, and possibly even in the show itself.

Until Leeland says otherwise, the first 9 months-1 year of the war are reserved for most of the microseries/old TCW material all the way up to either Rendili or maybe even Obsession as far as I'm concerned.

22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^I think the art style is awesome. Wish they'd made an art book for it (they did for TCW).

23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Just watched Volumes I and II. I watched only the parts involving Anakin or Obi-Wan. And Asajj. (IMHO, CW is her official TV-introduction, both series.) Anakin's journey, piloting, dueling Ventress and his knighthood ceremony are my personal canon.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dark Lord Tarkas OK maybe the game wasn't crappy. I just didn't like how quickly it could have been played. But yeah, the Dark Reaper was pretty awesome, as was Anakin interacting with Ulic's Force Ghost/holocron (I forget which). And the gameplay was loads of fun, even if it was short-lived.

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Dark Reaper? yes.