main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Below is the official policy for username changes decided upon by Mod Squad. Please carefully read the policy before making a formal request. Your request may either be submitted in this thread or by PMing a moderator.

Do not expect a quick and easy response to your request. This is not something that will be done on a whim, nor will any username be changed without it first being noted in MS and approved by an admin.

Username Changing Policy

Procedure:
    1. You may request a username change by PMing a mod or posting the request in the policy thread in Comms (this thread).
    2. You must include a full explanation as to why you want your username changed.
    3. The username change must be approved by an admin after MS discussion and meet the criteria listed below.
    4. MS reserves the right to disallow any change request for any reason.
    5. Username is only changed after admin approval and final verification by the user.
    6. In most cases, users will only be granted one username change per account.
    Username Change Criteria:
    • Username must be available
    • Username must meet criteria of the established username policy - no disallowed words, trollish names, etc.
    • Username must not be an obvious parody or variation of another user (i.e. Darth Guy cannot change his username to "-Katya-Jade-" or "J0in7he$chw@rz")

And for clarification:

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Official request to have my name changed to Naughty Little Monkey Lizard

I am extremely tired of the name Humble_Jedi, I made it up in a few seconds yeeeeeears ago when I signed up, and have regretted it ever since. For one, I don't want a "Jedi" name, there are way too many people with such a name, secondly, everybody and their mothers feels the need to point out to me that I'm not quite so humble. It's extremely tiresome.

Naughty Little Monkey Lizard isn't a name I just came up with, I've wanted it for years now, and as you may have noticed: I am a die-hard Monkey Lizard fan. :D

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'd like to request a name change to Jedi Gunny.

Reason: When I registered my username years ago, I wanted to spell it out without the all-caps (I wanted it just capitalize the J and G, with the rest lower case), but since I was new to the forum system, and the old board wasn't specific when it rejected some of my earlier attempts to register a username as to why it wouldn't accept the name (I think I was adding a space in, but the error didn't mention that). So, while I don't mind my username too much, I've always wanted to get rid of the all caps since I never had a chance to change it after that. Also, since I've registered, spaces are now allowed, JEDIGUNSHIP just seems unnecessarily long, and most of my friends on here always call me Gunny, so I want to change my username to reflect those changes.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Apologies for derailing the thread slightly, but will there be a public thread listing the previous username of users who successfully have their username changed, or will this be known only to the Mod Squad? I'm asking this because I imagine a user might dig up an old post that he/she remembers being made by someone else, and might want to check out whether that person subsequently changed his/her username without asking that person personally.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If you navigate to any user's profile page, there's a public listing of previous usernames. You can see it in action on my own profile.

Also, for reference, name changes retroactively affect all old posts. They'll be listed under whatever the current username is.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, then I just don't see the point.

I would like to change to "Darth Guy," like I had on the temp boards. Snowboards didn't allow a space, so I would like to make my name fit my, the filmmaker's, original intention. Or something. It's a radical change.

7. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I see; I hadn't realized this. Good to see that there will be transparency about the name changes.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Could I please request my name be changed to JackG?
    This was my name on the Temp boards and adds capitals and removes the redundant 1 that plagues my current name.

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Can I please have my username changed to Allana Amidala? Because I love both Allana and Padme! :D

10. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I would like to have my board name changed to TuskenFan please. The reason is the current name I have, TK-2970, is a name that I created in 2005, about 3 years before I joined the 501st Legion. In fact, I have never even heard of the 501st at that point. There is someone in the 501st that already has this number and I would like to avoid confusion with this person. Most people online know me as TuskenFan as I have been using this name since 2008 on the Carolina Garrison, 501st Legion, Rebel Legion and Krayt Clan boards.If it cannot be done I understand but it would be greatly appreciated if it could. Thanks!

11. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Question: is it possible to merge usernames? I'm happy with my current handle, however once or twice over the years I switched to a sock puppet for whatever reason for an extended time. I wouldn't mind merging those usernames with this one, if only to put all those posts under the one handle.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This is not possible, unfortunately.

13. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Pffft. Name changes! I am sorely tempted to remove the Sullustian and become UKS the name I am REKNOWNEDED across the internet.

But it is kinda like pretending the past didn't exist. Embrace your badly chosen and hilariously childish newbie names. They make you who you are.

And since I visit so rarely, I can never tell who is who if you change names.

Team Embrace-the-capital-letters-and-EU-derived-names.

UKS AKA EMPRESSPALPATINASASSANASKYWALKER02

14. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I was wanting to see if I could get the underscore removed from my user name. The only reason that I put it there was because when I first joined the boards back in 2005 I wanted it to be Darth Gangrenous but we were not allowed to have a space between our "first" name and our "last" names.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  15. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    I would like to request to officially change my name to Darth_Kiryan, , like how it was on the TempBoards.

Reason: Phoenix5 seems a bit childish to me now, and i am really sick of the name - practically dull. Mostly because when i first joined i was following a similar trend on all of my forums to be Phoenix-something or something-Phoenix, and my emails were also phoenix-somehting. Naming myself Darth_Kiryan melds my two favorite fantasy and Star Wars subjects together, being Star Wars (Darth) and Lord of the Rings (Kiryan). Also, the name goes well with my avatar.

16. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I would like to request that my username be changed from prj1 to Jedi Master Joy.

Reason: I am unhappy with this name, and have been since I registered. I am Jedi Master Joy on other forums, and I enjoy that name.

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    My apologies, Admins and mods. After reconsideration of that name, and how many Jedi this and that names fill these boards, I would like my name changed to Stargate Jedi.

Reason: I am not happy with prj1, and I haven't been since I registered. This is my final answer, and I await yours. Thank you.

prj1

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'd just like the h dropped from the end of my name... reason being, it's spelled incorrectly (typo when I registered it), and this has bugged me for years. It's supposed to be spelled harpua.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hi, I'd like to change my username to simply " Ghost ".

"Darth" usernames are sooo 2003, when I was only 14. :p It was also my username on the temporary boards, and it really isn't that radical of a change, everyone will still recognize me.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Darth-Ghost - unfortunately that name is already taken. It has a 1999 registration date.

And same on harpua - registered back in 1999. You sure it isn't an old sock of yours?

And prj1 - we already have a StargateJedi (without the space). It was registered in 2005.

Any future requests - folks should use the Search facility to see if the name already exists. It will save some time.

21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I want to change my username to Jedi Master Kenobiwan. Because Kenobiwan was my username at the temp boards and since Kenobiwan was taken, then I think that Jedi Master Kenobiwan will be perfect.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Hi, sorry to be a bother. Just wanted to check on the status of my name change.

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If you have not been contacted directly, it means we have not gotten to your request yet.

24. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Okay, let's try this again.
    So sorry for not checking that name before applying. I did a search, and it cam back negative.

Application:

I would like to change my name from prj1 to Rainbow Knight Star, because I am not happy with prj1, and never have been. Please consider. Thank you.

:)

25. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Why don't you take a week or two and think it over? That's your third name request in 5 days...

The Vanguard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.