main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY November Meet and Eat

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Oct 30, 2012.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Wanted to start the November Meet and Eat thread a little early. Usually I'm pretty open about where we eat but for November I'd like to nom-nom-inate Denny's. Why Denny's? Because starting November 6 (supposedly) Denny's will have a menu tie-in with "The Hobbit".
    http://blastr.com/2012/10/dennys-thinks-youll-be-wi.php

http://io9.com/5954327/the-hobbits-...rved-at-dennys-is-something-that-is-happening

A "Hobbit Slam" sounds like fun to me. If it's okay with everyone we just need to pick a day and location. How about mid-month...Friday Nov 16th? or Monday the 19th? There's a Denny's over by me across from Suburban hospital off Dutchman's Lane. Anyone have a different location they prefer?

2. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    YEA!!
    That would work for me, we could do 1st, 2nd, 3rd and elevenlises (sp), while chasing Smaug around the mountains...
    I'm pretty much open to any time at this point.

3. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I wish I could do this, but I have a feeling I may not be able to. I have scumbag lawyers chomping at my paycheck and I cannot get rid of them. They are making it hard to make a living. I apologize to anyone who frequents this forum for my lawyer comments if you are one. Obviously, you are not one of the scumbags, but the rest of them are. I will keep you guys posted if I can make this or not.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    If there's a Denny's close by to you we could make that our meet spot and I'm happy to spot you a Hobbit Slam (I just really like saying "Hobbit Slam")

5. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I may actually take you up on that...lol.

6. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Sounds great to Appo and I! And we'll also pitch in. [face_batting]

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    <waves hand> You WILL take me up on that

8. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh yea... our Fridays are pretty well all booked up for November.. already. So, pretty much any Friday or day of the week will be fine for us. [face_batting]

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm confused...all your Fridays are booked up for November but any Friday will be fine? [face_dunno]

10. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    [face_laugh]Oops!!! Well if I"m confused then we should all be confused. [face_laugh] ... Oh muh goodness! :oops: I meant all of our weekends are booked up but any Friday or day of the week will be fine. :D

11. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Whaddya think you are, some kinda Jedi or something? I'm a Toydarian; mind tricks don't work on me...only money...lol. Oh, I guess I just got myself into a tight spot there now...lol!

Zannah has me confused too....lol!

12. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Waves hand across your face.... [face_hypnotized] You [face_hypnotized] "will" [face_hypnotized] accompany[face_hypnotized] us [face_hypnotized] to [face_hypnotized] dinner. [face_hypnotized] .... Lets see if that one works. I don't know about you... but after looking at that... I think "I'm" going to dinner. :eek: [face_hypnotized] :eek:

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Any other interest for this? Twisty do you have a Denny's near where you live?

14. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    I jsut finished talking to Zannah about the fri/weekend thing and this is how I feel [face_beatup]8-}[face_hypnotized] Somebody heeelp me!!!!

15. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    The closest one to me is on Eastern Parkway.

16. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    (not at all poo-poo'ing the idea)

Has anyone ever left a Denny's and thought "I am so glad I ate that! My belly feels nice and full and not at all in any sort of gastrointestinal distress." ?

VoxDeamonicus and jedimika like this.
  17. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I actually have, although after a long night of drinking....lol.

18. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    This is true.

19. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    It seems as though some food that isn't really all that great tastes so much better after a night of binge drinking. Take White Castles for instance. They are ok when you are sober, but just phenomenal when you have been drinking...lol

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    When has Jammies and his cast iron stomach ever backed down from an eating challenge? Are you going to let those "other trilogy" themed foods intimidate you?

(seriously I like the Lumberjack Slam and it's one of the only places I can get grits)

So does that Denny's location work for everyone? If it's the one I'm thinking of it's right off the interstate close by UofL's campus?

Friday the 16th good? Regular 7PM meet time?

21. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Roger, Roger. =P~

22. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    long ago, when i used to hit the bars, I discovered that no matter what bar I went to, or what route i took to get home, i would always pass a white castle. then in the morning feel horrid, not from the drinking, but from eating a sack of ten and a large big red.

23. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I don't know, Denny's is like the Hot Pocket of Restaurants. Sure it is food-- but at what price? WHAT PRICE?
    Denny's may well be my yellow lantern, my kryptonite, my "thermal exhaust port right below the main port."

This Hobbit slam sounds interesting though.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay so me, Zannah and Appo for sure.

Jammies are you going to face your fears like Luke did on Dagobah or not?

Twisty will you be able to make it?

25. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm still hoping to make it. I have an outpatient procedure that day, so we'll see how I feel when it's time. At the moment, I plan on being there.