main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Robert Pattison wants to play Jar Jar for VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    **** it I have seen one and a 1/4 twilights and that was to keep the peace I know just what you mean. Not worth the bitching

2. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    No........ Piracy of twilight is a crime and punishment in itself....having to watch it ...most people would rather the jail time

Artoo-Dion and gregvader123 like this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Not to defend the Twilight films, which I won't, but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The Star Wars films are targeted at preteen boys.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  4. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Star Wars is a cultural phenomenon which has been around for 30 years already, and will be for at least another 30.

30 years from now nobody will have even heard of Twilight, apart from grandparents.

'Nuff said.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  5. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Your apparent ability to read the future, impressive though it might be, doesn't change what I said.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  6. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    I agree completely my point is why hire an actor who for the last 5 yrs has been marketed for pre teen girls to lure pre teen boys to a movie.

7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Seriously, though, Twilight is this generation's Flowers in the Attic and the films will probably have the longevity of the Smokey and the Bandit series.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  8. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    You can't put Twilight in the same class as Star Wars...you dont need to be a fortune teller to predict it wont have the legs Star Wars has.
    Star wars is and always will be hot **** and twilight is just a cold fart warming up.

9. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Jar jar is a better actor than Kristin Stewart.

lord_eidolon and Saurion-Fett like this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Sadly, this is true. At one point they replaced him on TCW and it sucked even worse, something previously not thought possible.

Count Yubnub and lord_eidolon like this.
  11. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    honestly Robert pattinson is so dull even Kristin Stewart cheated on him.....

12. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Indeed. Perhaps the biggest Star Wars forum on the Internet isn't the best place to be arguing the case for Twilight, either way. That would probably be more suited to an emo board, or something.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  13. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012

Hopefully he will play a dead Jar Jar.

14. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    As I stated explicitly, I wasn't arguing the case for Twilight.

Well there's your answer: it might draw in the girls, whereas the boys might see it anyway. I'm not saying that'll happen, I doubt it will. I'm just saying that it *might* work... from a certain point of view.

15. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    That wasn't the point. The point was that the primary target of the Star Wars movies (regardless of their staying power) is preteen boys, just like the Twilight movies are aimed at preteen girls as you claim. Their staying power has nothing to do with that.

16. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001

17. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Tut tut!!!

Why do you need to get nasty and homophobic?

And in regards to "target audiences" we are here in this forum because we are fans of a series of movies aimed at 12 year old boys. So none of us have "mature tastes".

And is the target audience for Twilight really pre-teen girls? Isn't all a metaphor for sex and the like?

LawJedi and Count Yubnub like this.
  18. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    People don't go to see Star Wars because of the actors in it. They go go because it is Star Wars.

Something I wish Spielberg and Hasbro had known for Transformers.:(

19. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Tut tut!!!

Why do you need to get nasty and homophobic?

And in regards to "target audiences" we are here in this forum because we are fans of a series of movies aimed at 12 year old boys. So none of us have "mature tastes".

Because people still use the words " Tut Tut"

I have no idea what was homophobic about saying twilight is for little girls?

And no I would not list star wars under mature tastes...its just pure escapism...makes you feel like a kid again....I would consider schildlers list to be a bit more mature.

"And is the target audience for Twilight really pre-teen girls? Isn't all a metaphor for sex and the like?" I have no Iidea what you are talking about here ...pure randomness?[/quote]