main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    So then earlier if it goes through Allana but it might go through Jaina.

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i don't know what to think of Cade. he was a little unorthodox.

3. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    The Imperial Family? It could be, like Dunk and Egg?

4. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Ben Kenobi? :p

Im guessing you didnt like Legacy?

5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    For one Disney will save money by producing comics from a comic company they already have in house. Secondly Marvel lobbied for the Star Wars license the last time the contract was up. Also take into account that with a new movie means lots of hype, which means increased comic book sales. Comic book sales made by a comic book company you own as opposed to one you don't. Fairly straight forward. It will happen, you can guarantee that.

6. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Not everyone can appreciate greatness.

7. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah I hope they don't try to copy the gun and lightsaber shtick too much at least not for the female lead.

8. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    I'm assuming he means his son Ben but i will admit the one issue i like the most was the one with the flashback issue with Obi-Wan dueling Krayt.

9. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Actually I CAN. :)

10. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    [face_party]

Perfect news to cheer me up during finals week!

11. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i wonder if the first issue will beat the massacre of ossus we saw in legacy 1.

12. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    It would mean losing the creative teams that have made the Star Wars Comics good, the Super hero genre isnt Scifi or Sci fantasy. I mean Marvel is awful with magic, and space opera, cheaper?

I doubt it, yes its all under Disney, but Dark Horse is paying to Publish the SW comics Marvel won't be will it?

Dark Horse has a very good creative team experince with a multitude of Genre's, Marvel only does "Super Hero" well. I have read their Cross Gen title (I was a Fan of the Original Cross Gen) and While Mytic has potential it is not very Strong in its characterization.

dosent seem wise to me.

Zorrixor and Esg like this.
  13. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Cross Gen was great back in the day and terrible under Marvel.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Hello new desktop background.

15. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    There's a little bit of ego in the idea that the DH creative team made Star Wars good. First off, why does that even matter? ARe you actually saying that nobody at Marvel is capable of making great Star Wars comics? They have a lot of great writers. It's not hard for Marvel to put Mark Waid on an ongoing Star Wars comic.

Here's the thing. Disney owns Star Wars. Disney owns the comic book company Marvel. Why am I going to let a company I don't own produce comics when I already have one in house? That's the only thing that matters. Not creative teams, not quality. This is how the business works. Take solace in the fact that DH will have another good couple years with the license before it changes hands.

16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Not really [face_sigh]

How could the only company to actually make a good original pirate comic ( El Cazador was awesome) and a good orginal high fantasy comic (Sojurn was even more awesome) ever go under. [face_plain]

17. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Yeah but most Marvel writers are already writing a crap ton of books. Im not a huge Marvel fan, most of the time whenever I borrow some from a friend it feels like the writers just phone it in with the exception of uncanny xforce by remender and waids daredevil. All in my opinion of course. Same could be said for geoff johns in recent years.

Esg likes this.
  18. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    None of that matters. The creative and quality side of this is a whole other issue. What, you guys think you can go before the big wigs at marvel tell then that the quality of the comics will be better if the license stays at DH, and they'll listen? Oh, they'll see the light and it two years the license will still be in marvels hands regardless. This is how the business works. They can cancel a book put that writer on a Star Wars comic. There are multiple ways it can work and you know Disney and marvel will find a way.

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    SW comics are their staple and they've had bestsellers like Ghost Prison. Why waste time and money on making something that will likely fail under Marvels supervision and high standards when the comic sales are meeting standards just fine with DH. The facts don't lie

No. If Disney didn't effect Marvel vs capcom nothing is happening to DH

20. Gabriel Hardman

Gabriel Hardman VIP VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Hello all,

I just wanted to jump on here and say how excited I am to be co-writing and drawing this new volume of Legacy. My writing partner Corinna and I couldn't be more pleased about getting the chance tell stories set in the Legacy era, honoring and building on the great work that John and Jan did in the first volume. I hope you'll all give it a shot!

Best,

Gabriel Hardman

21. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    My wallet is throwing itself at the computer screen

Just letting you know

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Highly unlikely Disney will think Star Wars comics will more than likely fail under Marvel. No, they will believe that it's a new era for Star Wars comics and that they will thrive under Marvel. That's what Disney will go with. It's your opinion that they will fail. There is no guarantee. Either way no company looks at it from a timid standpoint. They don't go in expecting failure. They'll go in expecting success. The chips will fall where they may. Either way look for the license to change hands.

23. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Welcome! [:D]

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Welcome, Gabriel! We are all super excited to see what you and Corinna have in store for the Legacy era. You couldn't of picked a better era to jump into to. Congrats on your new series and count me as one of many longtime fans excited to see what you guys will cook up. :D

--Adm. Nick

25. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm a little crabby about this and am fiercely loyal to John and Jan. They didn't get a chance to finish what they started and now 2 years later they're doing Legacy again with a different team?

Ugh.