main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What's the Worst Clone Wars Episode?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by THE PortmanLuvva, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    For me definitelly Water war arc *yawn*

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I just watched Bombad Jedi recently, I think for the first time, and it might be the worst episode of the series.

They take Jar Jar's stupidity to new and somehow even less funny heights, it's just pathetic. I've never seen Jar Jar that stupid, it's like Jar Jar went full ******. Oh, and he's teamed up with 3PO most of the episode, referring to him as "Three-So".

It was also an action Padme episode, with poor choreography. One scene features Padme running up on a pair of B1s completely undetected, but instead of just simply shooting them in the back, she leaps off the wall and shoots them on the way down (head shots, no less), as if she were the Princess of Persia. Another scene has her swinging off a high bar like Jeff Goldblum's kid in The Lost World.

I rarely mention the visual art, but while the planet of Rodia had a nice design, it just looked flat, static, lacking detail, like a painting with no texture.

While watching the episode I also realized that whoever does Gunray's voice doesn't really sound like movie Gunray at all. He delivers the lines well, he just doesn't sound like him. I do a way better Gunray.

Really no redeeming value in this episode, it's just 22 minutes of terrible decisions. Jar Jar, 3PO and Padme as the focus is just a recipe for ****. Bombad Jedi doesn't even deserve a one, I'd give it zero points.

eht13, cwustudent and SithStarSlayer like this.
  3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought Gunray in the episode and episodes of that arc was great. Spongebob did his voice. Yeah, Jar Jar can get annoying.

I did use to think it was not the strongest episode until S3 and S4's episodes like Evil Plans, Shadow Warrior and Plan of Dissent. Compared to them Bombad Jedi was a masterpiece. I always loved Gunray and Rodia was amazing visually for the time. The Music Rocked!

But to each his own.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think either Shadow Warrior or Mercy Mission were the worst. Evil Plans would be a close runner up.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, I totally agree on Shadow Warrior and Evil Plans but I did enjoy a lot the parts with Aleenas in the episode Mercy Mission. They were so awesome!

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    "Shadow Warrior" was utterly embarrassing for everyone involved, but imo it at least had some entertainment to offer. Or did it? I can't remember it clearly, I seem to remember Dooku vs Anakin part 16 was alright. Or was it? Was that the duel Dooku just completely blew off, turning his back on Anakin while Anakin struggled with Magnaguards?

Still, it was almost entirely action oriented and for that I have to rate it above the terribly boring episodes that had no entertainment to offer whatsoever.

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Secret Weapons. God, it was bad.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Evil Plans and Nomad Droids.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Still going with Shadow Warrior. The only episode I remember giving a 4 to.

10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    1. Shadow Warrior-3
    2. Secret Weapons-3
    3. Brothers-3
    4. Nomad Droids-5
    5. Corruption-5
    6. The Academy-5
    7. Evil Plans-5
    8. Downfall of a Droid-5
    9. The Gungan General-5
    10. Blue Shadow Virus-6

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Wookiee Hunt had a completely unoriginal script, complete with a shoehorned in Chewie.

I didn't see the other Predator/Most Dangerous Game episode...

12. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I actually liked that two parter, perhaps because I enjoyed the nods to Republic Commando. And Ahsoka got her ass kicked quite a bit and had to be bailed out by angry Wookiees.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm just tired of the same old 'hunting other people' cliche. :p

14. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Agreed 100%

I am watching Season 4 for the first time on blu-ray. That Water War trilogy was horrible. I felt like I was watching the Little Mermaid with guns.

I'm also tired of seeing Ashoka always being the hero. Do the bad guys ever win? So far The Clone Wars is simply one-sided.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Wow. I cannot believe that I forgot about that rubbish! Tano speaking Wookiee like she was born and raised there, was utterly unbelievable. Maybe not as bad as Shadow Warrior, but close enough to the top of the dung heap.

16. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    It's interesting how polarized the opinions are for the this one. Padawan Lost/Wookie Hunt are actually among my favorite episodes in the series.

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]
    I can feel the hate flooooowwwwww through this thread!
    I can feel its anger!
    It gives the thread focus!

As for me, the worst episode (so far) remains Corruption with Pursuit of Peace a close 2nd.
    There's just something about burning down a warehouse full of poisoned tea that says the writer/director ran out of any ideas of how to end such an awful episode and decided to go out with a bang (or crazy arsonist fire)!

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I think, if the episode had opened with Bane, not Padme's stupid banquet, and fleshed out his plan for Hostage Crisis, the episode could be quite enjoyable. Dan, I actually liked the juxtaposition of R2's and 3PO's predicaments. Perhaps its the extreme contrast between pleasure and pain, because that's exactly what goes on inside my head: pleasure (Bane torturing 3PO, the Hutt council) and pain (seeing/hearing Padme at all).

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That was terrible.

I guess it depends on who likes what. :p

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I wonder if Hego Damask's face looked like that when he died*...

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    He seemed to describe himself as such. Which raised the question for me as to how HE explained looking like a zombie. Perhaps it was a freak banking accident.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Plagueis Strikes Back.jpg
    Shame part of his jaw wasn't missing.;)

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome stuff. No matter if this is not accurate.

24. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    "The Gungan General"

Period.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That is a masterpiece compared to Evil Plans, Corruption or Shadow Warrior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.