main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Hi,

With Disney bringing new movies, I would imagine that they want to do new TV series too, especially animated ones.

Do you guys think that any future series will be set in the ST era or focus on new characters?

Could we finally get a Rebellion or Post-ROTJ Luke Skywalker series?

What type of series would you be most interested in?

And does anyone know how many seasons of TCW are left?

TV will be much duller without it :(.

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I would like to see a Post ROTJ Luke Skywalker series that leads up to episode VII.

Roosterq likes this.
  3. ConfusedClone-2224

ConfusedClone-2224 Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2012
    actually next year they're putting out a series called star wars detours which is set after ROTS and before ANH from what I've read it's a comedic take on what everyday life is like in the galaxy :)) and a live action television series that's called Star wars:underworld which I'm pretty excited about :3 it may come out around 2014 or later it's also set between episode's 3 and 4 :3 you can read more about it here
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Underworld

and to answer your question of how many seasons of TCW are left from what i read somewhere lucas planned to have 100 episodes for it which is pretty much equivalent to 5 seasons but im not sure :))

4. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

If they produce season 6 the same way as the previous seasons another 42 episodes will be finished and ready to go after s5(so at least another two season). Here is my explanation for this amount which I posted on IMDB a month ago:

I had a bit of a revelation yesterday. Each production season so far has had 26 episodes produced, but only 22 episodes are aired each season. This season the first 12 episodes we get were produced in the season 4 batch. If we take for granted that it’s the same for the production of season 5 and 6 (26 episodes produced), then we will actually have 20 s7 episodes finished by next summer, assuming the season 6 production isn’t halted.

Here’s the math:

26 episodes produced in the s5 batch + 26 episodes produced in the s6 batch - 10 s5 episodes actually shown in s5 - 22 episodes shown in s6 = 20 episodes already finished for s7 by next summer.

By the time s5 is finished a total of 42 new episodes will be ready. That’s almost two full seasons of new episodes after s5 that we are pretty much guaranteed to get in some form or another.

I thought this was a pretty comforting thought about the minimum lifespan of the series.

5. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    I would like to see a series between TPM and AOTC.

CoolyFett, AshiusX, mes520 and 4 others like this.
  6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd be interested in this as well, so long as they don't drag it out as long as TCW. Most people will probably want a OT/ST era show once VII is released.

I wouldn't mind a TCW style animated show set in the Old Republic times.

mes520 and GeneralCIS like this.
  7. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    It is all about the $$$. If Episode 7 cleans up, you will see a TV series within a year or two of it. If that is successful, you could see multiple TV series....

Personally, I want to see a military-centric series set in the Galactic Civil War. Maybe a show that follows pilots of both the Rebel and Imperial navies.

8. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

With the acquisition of Lucasfilm by Disney, I imagine that chances of a live action series set between episodes III and IV reaching our screens is greater than ever, However, the article you've referenced above is all based on old stuff said by Lucas and McCallum when they were talking about the LAS that never happened. Since the Disney deal was announced, I haven't actually heard any concrete talk about resurrecting the LAS, although I don't rule out that it will happen eventually.

9. EUdiscoverer1136

EUdiscoverer1136 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    Detours is reality (wasted money, IMHO)
    Underworld, not so much. It's in limbo for now.
    I still say I would like to see anmated presentations of the entire EU (well, best of.. but that would be incredibly subjective) , but it ain't gonna happen.

Apophis_ likes this.
  10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Detours would be the best think on Disney XD's line up.

11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Unless TCW is moved to XD. (I hope not though.)

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I seriously hope not at the moment. Disney XD is legit worrying me at the moment.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    how many seasons could underworld go cause in 19 years there is no way that they would do 19 seasons. (Each season equaling 1 star wars year.)

14. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    They should stop making The Clone Wars, hire Drew Karpyshyn and start new animation called The Sith Wars which could be set 1500-1200 years BBY. It's blank area full of Jedi, Sith and opportunities to tell cool stories.

15. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I know about Detours, but isn't Underworld pretty much dead as alive action series.

16. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Why would it matter what channel it is on?

17. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Thanks.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Because Disney XD sucks. =X

19. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I assume you mean you don't like the other shows they have - again, why does this matter?

It is irrelevant what else is on - that doesn't affect TCW.

That is like getting upset because you don't like the other movies that a theatre is showing when you go to watch a movie.

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    They could require the show to be watered down and/or censor more than CN does. CN is a crappy channel too IMO, but at least some of the stuff they show fits in with TCW as far as violence goes.

Apophis_ and Seerow like this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Rumor has it Disney XD has dropped violent cartoons before.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Well, I'm sure Disney and Lucasfilm considered this before.

It is unlikely that Disney will want it edited - if it is going on their channel, they will take it as is.

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    They may not want it edited - they could want it canceled instead. It might work on ABC Family, but I doubt it'll be on XD for long, if at all.

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    That's a very grim view - I doubt very much that Disney will cancel a winner.

And I'm sure they considered the violence level - Jedi regularly dismember people in the movies too.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I have never known Disney to take something as it is.