main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    A school in New Jersey.

So Gov. Chris Christie is now...

Satine? [face_thinking]

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My high school vending machines sold Coke and Pepsi products.

Damn yuppie kids today.

When the machines start selling kombucha, this generation is totally screwed.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This reminds me I need to go buy soda. <<;

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Speaking of soda, has anyone tried one of these?

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Finished watching Blood and Chrome. Interesting film. The CGI still looks a little dodgy to me, but when it was in actual space combat, man did things look pretty. I also loved the old school Base Stars and Raiders. And the Centurions looked much better than they ever did on the BSG: RS or Caprica. I still think that if they ever pick this up for a series, they need to go back to conventional sets however, because wow, LENS FLARE.

The premise was neat too, and I overall enjoyed the story. I just wish that the direction was better. Adama, Coker and Becca would all seemingly switch personalities between scenes. One second Coker is nice and confident about the mission, the next he's gone nuts. And back again. There were a number of plot threads that went nowhere in the story as well, which annoyed me. I get that you want this picked up for a TV series, but come on, its just lazy to leave these things dangling.

Like the Cylon bioweapon. It's a biomechanical eel monster, part robot, part eel. It only serves to attack our trio before getting shot, and it is never touched on again. Or Kirby showing up and then flying off without so much as a warning. Characters were introduced seconds before they were blown away, and with the inconsistency of the motivations and actions of the main cast, it made the supporting characters even more superfluous.

I did like one scene near the end.
    After Becca has been outed as a Cylon collaborator, she is shot and left for dead. However, a partially skin grafted Six model approaches her and chides her by saying "Just because you are more enlightened than other humans, do you think that we hate you any less?" before snapping her neck.
    I thought that was a nice nod to the franchise.

So overall, a decent pilot, but if a series is made, some big changes will be needed for it to work.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah remastered of the main 2 discs, they did a great job with opening the songs up.

The other 3 discs are demos, alt versions, cleaned up b-sides, and long- lost stuff like Methusela and Towers of Rabble.

eht13 likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Those look really neat, but...

10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what is making me so nervous about watching the new film in the first place, the trailers make it seem like some action movie when that isn't Star Trek.

Unlike Tarkas, only Halo 4 and Skyrim seem to be able to stop me from posting.

Ah, Blood and Chrome, I need to catch up on that. Growing up on the original BSG marathons on Thanksgiving, I couldn't handle the differences and the change in tone in the new BSG, and didn't even bother with its spinoffs, with the tone being the same reason why I didn't like Universe in comparison to SG-1 and Atlantis, but I would gladly take the new BSG and Universe over Sci-Fi's abandonment of space sci-fi in general.

Dark Lord Tarkas and QuangoFett like this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    It'd be a lot cheaper given how much Coke I go through each week. Taste of the soda and longevity of the dispenser are my concerns.

12. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Don't get me started on Stargate: Universe...

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can imagine. I'm a terrible soda junky and probably a caffeine addict as well. I blame years of night shifts...

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't worry, I don't want to talk about Universe either. The strange thing about Universe was that it was by many of the same people who made SG-1 and Atlantis, but I couldn't tell that just by watching the show.

QuangoFett likes this.
  15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    12 packs last about 3 or 4 days.

I don't have a soda addiction...
    Okay, maybe just a little bit of a soda addiction.... :p

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I just learned the rerelease of the Animorphs series officially got canceled. Scholastic only republished up to book #8 (The Alien) and aborted it in a pretty late state. I had been religiously collecting the revisions in hope of a good chance of seeing new life breathed into what always should have been a bigger franchise and just got swept under the rug by bad management, a terrible TV show adaption, and a mindscrew ending that kinda sucked but worked for the series. I hoped Animorphs 2.0 would come out of it or maybe a movie or better yet a new TV series. Animorphs would make a killer animated series if the adaption was done close to the books. Alas its not meant to be. I thought the sales were doing okay. It just too god damn bad. I'm really bummed and pissed off about this.

17. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Ermahgerd double post

18. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    At least your book series didn't suddenly get cancelled at a cliffhanger, never to be completed unless someone else decided to pick it up.
    /cough Republic Commando

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^There's a rumor that's been kicking around the last couple of months that Matthew Stover (Shatterpoint/ROTS novelization) will be continuing it with Imperial Commando.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Matthew Stover's writing style should blend seamlessly with the rest of KT's Republic Commando books.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, that sucks. The kids I work with, love those books.

22. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    19 is an odd year I must say, or so it feels like on the first day anyhow...

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Happy birthday. :)

My 19th birthday was in 1990 and I, uh, don't remember it at all. I think it involved a Mexican restaurant and a fake ID.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Happy Birthday Akash!:)

25. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.