main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge 2013 question for mini challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I feel the same way. I have plot bunnies nipping at my heels, but no motivation to pay attention to them. Even my nightly idle writing has peetered out. It may be the holiday season, as I both love and hate this time of year.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have a lot of ideas for my new diaries. Kaagi will be continuing his diary and will have a lot of comments about Obi-Wan and friends.
    Marhin and Aaqu will continue their diaries too with ....

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I have no ideas whatsoever. :( But I really want to participate so whoever is willing to give me a virtual kick in the rear-end, please PM me. :p

Seriously, though. I'm pulling a blank here. I think it's a general thing, though. The air's more or less gone out in the fanfiction section. I haven't written a single word in months.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Want some of my plot bunnies? I have a Xizor plot bunny that I haven't done anything with for a year now.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    All these ideas sound fantastic =D= Alexis, your diary idea for Anakin :cool: ... Although let me say your Shmi rocks to the limit! @};- A young Obi-Wan -- I like the prospect of reading his grand adventures

And the R2 diary - yay!

Jedi_Lover's Luke diary [face_rofl] He needs to write a diary where he fantasizes about Mara while he's with Callista :oops: [face_laugh]

I'm gonna do an L/M AU Saga diary [face_dancing] Where they are Jedi together ... You can never have too many hot blooded L/M as teens [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

P.S. The hilarious diary was by NYCitygurl called The Very Secret Diary of Darth Vader -- and it was a riot and a half!!!!!

This wasn't a diary per se but it was Ccalled Palpatine's Blog and it was side-hurtingly funny!

NYCitygurl likes this.
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, I had an idea to do a diary of Obi-Wan through the Jedi Apprentice series, but I see someone's already talking about a young Obi-Wan diary. So scratch that.

Or perhaps I could do Qui-Gon through the JA series.

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm going to simply stick with my "Wasting the Day in Bedlam" diary, rather than start a new one. I can tackle the plot elements I had planned, finally. The "Recruitment Must be Low" diary, though... I may update it, but it won't be for the challenge.

8. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Well, I've got a title and a character...now I just need the energy and motivation...

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If you write every night, regardless if you use the material or not, it will get you into the habit. I try to get a head start on the writing, which I'll need to do just to get back into the habit.

10. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    So excited... I've decided to go with Han Solo for this one, let me know where to post in january.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Qui-Gon through the JA series :cool: and Han Solo diary [face_laugh] Always, always good for more than a laugh! :D

Ceillean, you know I'm up for motivating, because Kyp is just too ... edible in your capable hands. [face_love] [face_love]

Ceillean likes this.
  12. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'd like to give this a try this year. :) I've got a couple of ideas, and for the one I want to do the most I'll need to do a bit more research first and convince myself to step out of my comfort zone. :p I'll see how things shape up between now and January.

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Do a VSD! They're amazing and I love them :D

And thanks Alexis_Wingstar and Jade_eyes for the compliments! The Very Secret Diary of Darth Vader was indeed mine (and posted here). I think the Palpy's blog Jade is referring to was by Jaya Solo and it was a riot!

I'm debating whether to do a VSD. I did one a couple years ago for Appa from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I went for a real diary last year (still going) instead of writing the second of the Appa VSDs for the challenge. I'm wondering whether I should do the third in the trilogy for the diary challenge or do a different one. Or both :p Either way, the diary will be NSWFF.

Do I neeeed another story to write? No, but I've done this challenge (with varying degrees of success :p ) every year since the beginning, and I don't intend to stop now :p

Speaking of which, Diary_Challenge_Sock if we're still updating our 2012 diaries, should we still PM you?

And not to pimp (yeah right, I'm totally pimping :p ), we just started a Writer's Support Group in NSWFF, and we're discussing writer's block right now, particularly related to the giant fanfic hiatus from the pizza run, and you're all welcome to participate :)

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Okay, I am certifiably insane. I can't bare not doing a Shmi diary since she is the character I identify with the most. So I will be doing three diaries... all AU. The Anakin and Shmi diaries will be related my AU story, The Bond, and of course Palpatine's mother.

TrakNar and Jade_eyes like this.
  15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wow! Three! Good Luck! Ben is the character I identify most with.

I'm so excited to start writing. Is it new years yet :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Three! Damn, two was too much for me to handle, and one provides enough work as it is, I can't imagine doing three. Good luck with that! How do you plan to keep track of all three thought processes?

As for characters I identify with the most, Zuckuss gets my vote. I like bugs, I'm no stranger to mental illness and other inner demons, and my asthma and frequent bouts of bronchitis clinches the deal.

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    As far as keeping track of all three thought processes, well, they are all different enough in personality that I won't get them confused. Also, it helps that I have a flexible brain. :p

Keep in mind, since this is a diary, you don't have to write a "chapter" for each post. To keep it like a true diary, you can have the character get interrupted and leave it at a couple lines, or even have the character say, "Dang, I'm bored. Nothing interesting happened today at all!" :p

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I would like to see somebody write Lando's diary.

Day 1: Saw some fine looking ladies. I invited them over to my place for Colt 45 and much, much more.
    Day 2: Went to the free clinic. For some reason it burns when I use the 'fresher.
    Day 3: Saw that hot looking Mara Jade. I went over to her and gave her my best moves and pick up lines.
    Day 4: Went to the free clinic to check to see if I have a crushed testicle. I think Mara was wearing steel toed boots.

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_rofl] Thank you, I think I need to go to the free clinic, myself. I think I broke a rib when I fell on the floor laughing.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Been there and done that with more than a few entries. Only, I hadn't used most of those "nothing happened" entries. I didn't think anyone would want to read about how Zuckuss washes his clothes in his cell's toilet. He keeps it very clean!

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Yeah. I was planning on having a few of those this year for Beru's diary like "Today, baby Luke drooled on my diary, spilled his blue milk and smeered poo on the walls. WHY ME!" but I never got around to them.

But I may do one or two of those for Ben's diary.

In 2011, I had a few 100-200 word updates so yeah, if you can spread you story out on less than 200 word updates, doing three might be plausible.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    [face_laugh]

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My mother runs a daycare. Add an exploding plate via my brother and that quote summed up her day.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    VSD of Lando! Do iiiiittttttt!!

TrakNar likes this.
  25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    LOL Yeah, I'd love to read a Lando VSD.

Okay, I've changed my mind. I'm still going to do three diaries, but I'm not gonna do the Mrs. Palpatine (palpsie's mommy) diary. Instead, I'll be doing an AU Qui-Gon which will take place at the same time as the AU Anakin diary. Perhaps I should do it as a side by side diary like I did with Obi-Wan and Padme a few years ago, as both of these will take place at the same time and be basically be a backstory to "The Bond". [face_thinking] What do you all think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.