main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Journal of Mark Tantiss: (2012 Diary Challenge: AU, OC, L/M) COMPLETE with fanart

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hahaha. Oh Mark is even niever than Farmboy at times.

With an attitude like Pisser's, he had to be male.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehe, one more thing Mark needs to thank Kira for. Of course Pisser is male, and a tipical one at that.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Briannakin & @ Hazel : Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. I am going to try to finish this up before Christmas, so here is another post.

ENTRY 115: Coruscant

Nibbles had her babies in the middle of the night about a week after I discovered she was pregnant. Luke and Mara said it was like somebody shut off the Force in the temple. An irritated Mara Jade Skywalker showed up to my apartment to complain first thing in the morning.

“You need to get them out of here, NOW!” she demanded. “This is a Jedi Temple after all.”

She’s right…Jedi need the Force, but I am pretty sure the reason for the urgency had something to do with her and Luke not being able to do their Force-Enhanced sexual escapades until the infant ysalamiri were gone. I hope they weren’t doing anything that involved erotic levitation when the babies were born. HA!

I ended up having to take the young ysalamiri to my mother-in-law's house until I could get a shuttle to Myrkr. I talked to a veterinarian and he reassured me that most lizards don't care for their young after birth, so the babies should be fine when released to the wild.

When I arrived to Myrkr, I checked out Talon Karrde's old base. I was surprised to find it intact. I guess the threat of Vornskrs in the surrounding jungle was enough to keep looters at bay. Karrde said he plans to reclaim the base and use it as a backup facility.

I can see why he would want this base back. The local wildlife discourages unwelcome visitors and the presence of ysalamiri completely masks one's thoughts and activities from curious Jedi or Sith.

That's why I like having my pet ysalamiri. I don't need people trying to figure out my emotions or intentions or all the other tricks Jedi can do to people. I am living in a Temple full of Force sensitives and many of the younger trainees have yet to learn proper etiquette when it comes to reaching out with their Force senses.

I have a specially designed thick leather carry harness that allows Nibbles to hang on to my shoulder. Jedi hate it when I walk around with her. Tough. I tell them then need to know what it feels like when ysalamiri are around. I mean it's just the Jedi's greatest weakness. Palpatine found that out the hard way.

4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Mark has a good point there - you dont know how much you rely on something till it's gone.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahahaahahaha I love how you added that bit in, gal. [face_mischief]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It was a really good suggestion. I forgot to credit you. Sorry about that.

7. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    You know I just love using the Mischief Face. In fact, when I'm writing, this face: [face_mischief] is always in my mind.

[face_mischief] [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Mark DOES make abvery good point! And you can bet that that was exactly why Mara was upset. [face_mischief] :p

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Hazel, ginchy & Briannakin thanks for reading. Only two more posts and I will be finished with this diary and then I have to start thinking about what I will write next year. I want to thank ginchy for her suggestion that Luke and Mara probably were mad about not being able to have Force enhanced sex with all the ysalamiri around. :p

Entry 116: Coruscant

Kira went to Cilghal the Jedi healer today for a pregnancy check. It was a routine check, but Kira was getting nervous because she was getting SO BIG. And I mean big…I can barely put my arms all the way around her. I think she is absolutely beautiful, but she complains that she feels like a Gamorrean sow. Wow! She's tough on herself…and it's so not true. She is stunning. I find her womanly figure captivating because I know my baby boy is growing inside her. It's our own tiny miracle. My son will have a mother and father…not developed and genetically manipulated in a cloning cylinder. He is a child brought into this galaxy through love. That is how it should be. I'm glad I can give my baby something I never had.

The Mon Calamari healer helped Kira onto the exam table and then used an ultrasound device to measure the baby.

"Is everything alright?" Kira asked nervously.

"The baby looks healthy," Cilghal said. "But, I am a little worried by your son's size. I think he is going to be close to 6 kilograms. I think it would be best if we schedule a C-section."

Kira turned her head and glared at me. "This is your fault, you know!"

"I sure hope it's my fault." I grinned. "Or you have a lot of explaining to do." I laughed letting her know I wasn't serious.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm secretly having an affair with another two-meter giant who fathered this colossal baby," she gave a caustic laugh.

I went up to the exam table and grasped her hand in mine. "I'm sorry I fathered a big baby…hopefully the next one will be smaller."

"Next one!" Kira scoffed. "Let me give birth to this one before you start talking about another child!"

"Sorry," I chuckled as I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. "We can talk about that after delivery."

She pushed me away playfully. "I'm going to have Luke send you away for your Jedi Trails. Maybe he can ship you off to Dagobah until you complete your Trail of Insight. That should give me some time to recover."

I smirked. "Does that mean I get out of diaper and feeding duty?"

She frowned. "No, you would like that too much. I think you should endure the trial of 'No sleep and immeasurable patience'."

"You mean fatherhood?" I smiled. "That is one trial I look forward to."

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehehe. I loved the last line.

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Outch! Poor Kira having to carry all that around.

Mark is soooo endering when he starts writting about family. [:D]

12. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    hahahaahaha no sleep and immeasurable patience. Sounds about right, gal!!! Love it. Mark is going to be one good daddy. [face_love]

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Briannakin, Hazel, and ginchy, thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. Well, I want to get this done before the kids are out on vacation and then I never get anything done. There is this update and then an epilogue. I know diaries don't have epilogues, but it will read as such. Thanks again for being such good friends and letting me know somebody was reading this story.

~JL~

ENTRY 117: Coruscant

Today was delivery day. Kira was wheeled into the operating room on a gurney and prepped for surgery. I sat next to her in scrubs and a facemask as a precaution against germs. I am glad for the mask; it will help conceal the anxiety that must be etched on my face. I know I am more worried than she is. She is smiling and is more than ready to give birth. She said it feels like my gigantic baby is doing military guerrilla drills in her uterus. To make matters worse, Kira has been having false labor for weeks and twice we had to go to the Temple clinic to get a shot to stop the contractions.

I know there is very little chance of something going wrong during delivery in this day and age. But this is my wife on the operating table. She is my life. And growing inside her is my first-born child. They are the two most precious things in my life; I can't help but feel nervous.

Cilghal's nurse brought over what looked like a short IV stand but instead of holding an IV bag, on the top of the stand was a mirror. "Kira, would you like a mirror so you can better see the baby being born?" The nurse turned the mirror so Kira could see the reflection of her abdomen.

Kira's face scrunched up. "Are you asking me if I want to watch you cut me open?" She shook her head. "No thank you. I don't want to see any blood."

"I completely understand," the nurse said. "I had to ask because some mothers want to see the entire process." The nurse wheeled the mirror away and then came back to place a small curtain across Kira's torso which would prevent her from seeing the operation.

I stood so I could watch the process. Cilghal joined the nurse and painted some brown fluid over her belly at the incision area. I was told it was to sterilize the area. Cilghal picked up a scalpel and was ready to make an incision when I started to feel ill.

I don't understand it. I can decapitate bad guys with my lightsaber, but I can't watch my wife's C-section. I went to the head of the bed and sat down next to my wife. "Kira, I hope you're not mad, but I can't watch them cut you open."

She gave me a warm smile. "Don't worry Mark. I don't blame you."

I sat there holding my wife's hand and trying not to look in Cilghal's direction.

"You may feel some pressure," Cilghal said as she did something behind the curtain. After a moment I could hear the clanking of surgical equipment being put away. "Here he comes," Cilghal said as she slowly pulled out my son. The baby's face was all scrunched up and his body was covered with blood and fluid. The infant opened his mouth and gave a loud cry.

"Congratulations you have a boy," Cilghal said. "Do you want to cut the umbilical cord, Mark?"

"Ahh…no not really," I said and hoped it didn't disappoint my wife.

Cilghal and her assistant did something just out of my sight and then the Mon Calamari handed the baby off to her assistant who bought the baby over to a warming area where she began cleaning him.

"Go ahead Mark. Go see your son. I have to stitch up Kira," Cilghal said. I stood and walked over to where my son lay crying. The female nurse had a mask on but I can tell by her eyes she was smiling. "He looks healthy."

I gazed down at my son lovingly. People say there is no such thing as love at first sight, but they're wrong. I was immediately in love with this precious child. The nurse stood aside so I could get a closer look at my baby boy…and it was at that point the little guy let out a stream of urine that hit the front of my scrubs. I started laughing. "He's a Tantiss boy alright," I said thinking of the time I urinated over the Emperor's throne on the Eye of Palpatine.

The nurse laughed as she finished cleaning him. She put a diaper on the baby and went to weigh and measure him. "He's 5.8 kilograms and 59 centimeters long." She then wrapped him up in warm blankets and handed me my son.

My son! I love the way that sounds. I walked over to Kira while avoiding looking at Cilghal stitching her up. I brought the baby up next to her so she could see.

"Kira, here's your son."

She smiled tenderly at the newborn. "Jaden," she whispered the name we had decided for the child. "You should show everybody in the waiting room."

I looked up to the nurse for permission. She nodded. "Keep it short."

I took my son outside the operating room where my inlaws (Sarya and Darik Starkos), Luke, Mara, Corran and Mirax were waiting.

I know I had to have the biggest grin on my face while I showed them my newborn son. "I'd like to introduce you to my first born son, Jaden Darik Tantiss." I carefully handed the baby to my mother-in-law Sarya. Tears ran down her face as she smiled at her grandson. My father-in-law was beaming proudly.

"Jaden Darik." He patted me on the shoulder. "Thank you Mark," my father-in-law said softly. "Can I hold my grandson?" he asked his wife.

Sarya transferred the newborn to her husband as Mara and Luke came up beside me. "Isn't your father-in-law named Darik?" Luke whispered.

I smiled. "Yes, the middle name is to honor Kira's Dad. The first name is to honor my sister." I looked into Mara's eyes. "His name is spelled J-A-D-E-N, a variation of Jade."

Mara put her hand to her mouth in surprise and I could see tears forming. "I'm the one honored."

I spent a couple more minutes talking to the three couples before I brought the baby back to the nursery.

Kira was being bandaged up by then. I handed Jaden to the nurse so he could be put on the warming table. I then went back to Kira and kissed her gently on the forehead. "Thank you for making me a father," I said to her tenderly.

She returned the smile. "Thank you for making me a mother."

I had to grin in disbelief. A few years ago I woke up on a Star Destroyer. I had no a name, no family, and no possessions. Now I am Mark Tantiss, Jedi Knight, husband, father, and with the most prized possession in the world…a family.

No matter what happens to me in the future I will always treasure this day. It was the day my life became complete.

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ooh! That was wonderful. [face_love] @};-

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel. Well this is it. The last entry of the 2012 Diary Challenge. I want to thank everybody for reading. I am sad to see this end, but it is almost 100K words and I am running out of things to write.

Thanks again.

~JL~

Entry 118: Epilogue

I have been terrible about keeping my journal updated lately. In fact it has been a few years since I wrote. That's what balancing fatherhood, Jedi knighthood, and owning a restaurant will do to you. It keeps you busy.

Little Jaden is growing like a weed. He's going to be tall like his father. Seventeen months after his birth he was joined by a baby brother, Talon Marcus Tantiss…who, to Kira's great dismay, was not smaller than his brother when born. Poor Kira. She had horrible bouts of morning sickness, followed by bed rest in the last two months of the pregnancy and then another C-section because of the baby's immense size. Since these pregnancies are so stressful on Kira we decided our family is just the right size with two children.

Mara and Luke have been busy increasing their brood. Ben was followed by twin brothers Jak and Owen and later a baby sister, Hanna. I don't envy Luke and Mara with four kids to contend with. I have trouble enough handling my two.

Corran and Mirax had two children. A boy and girl named Valin and Jysella. Kam and Tionne eventually married. In fact many of the Jedi married and started a family.

The Temple is bustling with young children. It is nice to see so many younglings. We have a daycare center, primary school and a Junior Jedi Praxeum. As the kids get older the school will expand to include a secondary school. Attending the Jedi Praxeum is not a requirement for the Force-sensitive children of Jedi living in the temple. Both of my sons are strong with the Force, but I will let them make their own decision about whether they want to become a Jedi or not. I know Kira worries they will follow in my footsteps right into a bacta bath.

I finished my trials and was given the rank of Jedi Knight. I was basically working as a knight since the beginning, but it finally became official. I do a lot of work with the New Republic military. I am an attached "Jedi Asset" and have worked with various military units. I still enjoy working with the Jump Troopers the best. I even once worked with my old jump buddy Deke.

At first the men were wary or downright hostile to having a Jedi in their ranks, but when I stopped them from walking into a number of ambushes and was able to deflect incoming blaster fire using the Force…they warmed up to me. I sometimes work for NR intelligence. That is a little uncomfortable because they want to be the ones who debrief Luke. I don't like keeping secrets from him, but orders are orders.

We have had a relatively peaceful few years. The Imperial Remnant has been quiet and no evil Sith has popped up to cause trouble.

These truly have been some of the best years of my life. I can only hope things continue on the same peaceful course.

I don't know when I will have a chance to write again. Maybe I don't need my journal anymore. I was initially told to write my thoughts by the ship psychiatrist on the Star Destroyer I woke up on years ago. At the time, I was having a huge problem adjusting to the reality of being a clone. But, I am happy now. I have a loving wife and two wonderful sons. I have no shame in being Luke's altered clone. If fact, I couldn't think of a better person to have as my original.

Luke once told me, 'The future is unknown, it is always in motion, but take comfort in the fact that the Force will be with you, always.'

I look forward to see what the future holds…for me, my family, friends and the Jedi Order.

May the Force be with you.

~Mark Tantiss~

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no death, there is the Force.
    [​IMG]

Fanart by VagabondX : http://vagabondx.deviantart.com

16. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    OMG that fan art is adorable!!!!!!!! I love it. I love that Mark and Kira carved out such a happy family. [face_love] And I love the idea of all the Jedi kids running around. As it should be. Wonderful job making your OC such a vibrant and real character, gal. I love Mark!!

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great ending to such a fun diary. =D=
    And i loved the picture.

[:D]

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Dawww! Such a cute family and great picture!

Congratulations on such a long and wonderful diary.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A very nice diary with beautiful fanart and congrats