main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Micro-series vs. TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Which Clone Wars show do you like better?

1. Clone Wars (2003)

115 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. The Clone Wars (2008)

212 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    how on earth is 2003 better.... besides the council scene, and grevious scenes... the show was pretty useless. just nonsense battles with little to no story. in comparison to 2008 CW. i still love 2003, but its really not comparable to the full 4.5 seasons + movie we've gotten from 2008 clone wars.

AshiusX and vong333 like this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Y
    Yup, I try not watching crap/fanfiction.

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Lucas started both shows so neither of them are "fanon". Though he seemed to only have a consultant role in the micro-series.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's a very interesting phenomenon that has become increasingly common on this planet, even if not accepted by all.

It's called "differing tastes."

Nice conspiracy theory though.

(I didn't even vote, but really? The idea that "people didn't vote the way I thought they would so the boards must be rigged!" is hilarious.)

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    And we know from interviews that many ideas were directly from George Lucas, including the return of Darth Maul, Mortis, and Anakin Skywalker's Padawan.

Seerow likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Technically, anything produced by LFL and its subsidiaries is not fanon or fan fiction, but I'm sure GG is aware of that, and I'm pretty confident we're all aware that GG is aware of that, he just doesn't like it.

8. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    George Lucas? Isn't he that guy that retired from Lucasfilm Ltd., sold it to Disney Corp. and put Kathleen Kennedy in charge of the Lucasfilm subsidiary?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  9. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, actually I meant just the opposite. I find it hard to believe people actually prefer the Filoni series.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I find it hard to believe people actually prefer the Micro series.

/scales balanced. :D

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  11. Ziro the Butt

Ziro the Butt Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    I like TCW because Ziro is in it.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    He was quite an underrated character.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's made like fan fiction or a 12 year old playing with his action figures and creating stories for Filoni. Actually, I think the latter part is true....

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think that the format of TCW is more appealing to people; regular episode sizes with regular recurring seasons. Also, given the less stylised animation (especially post-Mortis) LFL can use it more to promote the Saga, which is a shame considering the micro-series gets no recognition or limelight. For example:
    [​IMG]
    [face_plain]

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    SW.com -- A place to go when someone needs a good laugh

JackG and General Immodet like this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Wow, the micro series is winning the votes, how can two hours of Clone Wars beat over 30 hours of Clone Wars?? It's probably just because General Grievous was so badass in the micro series, because that was the best part of it for me :)

17. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    How many times do I have to say it?

GGrievous likes this.
  18. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    so a show with one great episode is better than a show with 30 episodes that have some episodes with a lot better quality, some with about the same, and some with less? i dont see the logic in that. you can only get so much out of a 2 hour series that just shows over the top battles with no story

19. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    By that logic, TCW is better than all the films. Ooooookay.

20. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    except TCW doesnt have the same or better quality than the films. also the films ACTUALLY have a story, unlike the microseries. however compared to the micro series, most episodes have better or the same quality.

21. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Anakin being knighted, his ordeal on Nelvaan, his fight with Ventress, Ventress' first meeting Dooku, Palpatine being kidnapped by Grievous, Coruscant being invaded.. I think the micro-series had plenty of story, it was just more condensed. But it used the time it had well. I don't really think the same of TCW.

JackG and Lady_Skywalker87 like this.
  22. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    the micro series is awesome. no ones denying that. i love it, i mean its SW how can I dislike it. its just incomparable to TCW in terms of quality, voice acting, actual unpredictable awesome story and stuff of that nature. the dynamic of captain rex, ashoka, even that of cad bane or dutches satine is just non existent in the old clone wars. and those dynamics could easily be brought, without having to bring in those characters. its very simple, and in reality very short. theyres only so much in there, and its really nothing like the new CW. the micro series is just very limited in potential storytelling

Seerow likes this.
  23. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Rex, Ahsoka, Satine, and Cad Bane? *facepalm*

You still don't seem to get the idea that MORE is not BETTER. Way too often in TCW, it's FILLER.

Meh, this is going nowhere.

windu4 and Lady_Skywalker87 like this.
  24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Less is more

windu4 and Lady_Skywalker87 like this.
  25. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008

So you did... my apologies.[face_blush]

Agreed. More could be better if time is taken to do things with care... something TCW completely lacks even with good concepts at times.