main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation we need more women main characters.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What's wrong with a good nude fight?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  2. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I didn't say I wanted Jaina and Jacen Solo. I've never read any EU. Just familiar.

I'm saying that is the kind of conflict and fight I'd like to see involving a female hero or Jedi.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The main protag should be female. Love it.

5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  6. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    AMEN TO THAT!!!

Seriously though one of my biggest hopes to see a woman in a lightsaber duel finally!

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Mara HAS to appear.

Jaina to. I'd also love to see Allana in a supporting role!

8. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    This! Is what I'm hoping for!

9. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    Yep, I just retweeted it on Twitter

Most likely candidate: Jaina

And I hope and pray it is [face_praying]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    a few female main characters would be great, or at least some eye candy! Besides Lea for a few minutes in ROTJ and a usually overdressed Natalie Portman, there wasn't anything to look at in that department. Nothing wrong with adding a few babes into the Star Wars story.

11. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Jaina defiantly is the most likely, I'd say Allana is the second most likely if they use Skywalker/Solo Grandchildren as the lead.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Whether it's Jaina or not, that's awesome.

I'm reading Fatal Alliance right now and I'm kind of impressed with Ax. Two things working against such a character being the main one: one, it's an Old Republic story, and two, she's a Sith, but still, I would absolutely love to see a badass female lead.

13. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    Another reason they should have left those scenes with Padme's family

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  14. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    *crosses fingers* Please let it be Jaina...please let it be Jaina....please let it be Jaina.....[face_praying]

Sinrebirth and Julius Vernon like this.
  15. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    As awesome as Jaina would be... she's already a 36 years old and a Jedi Master with a pretty solidified character arc in the EU... I mean, it could be her but I'd think Jaina would work better as support, the PT Obi-Wan role maybe but not the Protagonist... she'd be too old and too experienced. We might get something like...

Nomi Skywalker... just to pull out that old name again.

I mean, we just don't have enough information to be making any serious guesses anyway.

16. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Who is Peter Sciretta?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Until we get something more concrete I'll take this with a grain of salt. I hope Jaina Solo or a female Solo offspring makes an appearance at least.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  18. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Jaina doesn't have to be the EU Jaina.

yodasbum and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  19. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    Ugh, that's what I know I should be doing but I'm already getting all excited and I should know better

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    We shall have to wait and see. Until we get official word on the status of the EU anything can happen. I hope it's YJK/NJO Jaina and not DNT/LOTF/FOTJ Jaina. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see a different Jaina or someone else entirely

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ha ha lol. Waiting for official news from casting and filming is hard. I won't be resting easy until we get official word on the status of the EU. When we get word that elements of the EU will be used then I will be hoping that Jaina will be used

22. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd like for this to be the case as well. I for one got into the post-RotJ EU because it was made clear there wasn't going to be a sequel trilogy. So now that there will be a ST, it would please me if at least some of the characters from the EU were utilized in it. Like you, I hope it will be Jaina, but I also hope that Ben is in the new trilogy as well. Whatever happens, I would like TPTB to fill us in on some minor details (such as the relevance of the EU to the ST and with regards to how the ST will be altering said EU) so fans of the EU have time to either mourn or celebrate.

yodasbum and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Personally, I'd be fine with a female lead for Episode VII, with said character having the 'heroes' journey.

24. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I think it's almost a certainty that the new main character will be female. Lucas' original plan for the ST was for Luke to find his twin sister, and she was going to be a major factor in the story. Even in ESB as it is now, that was the plan. Instead, they had to compress the original concept into RotJ, and Leia took the place of the twin sister, i.e. "the other".

However, that doesn't mean Lucas completely abandoned the idea. In fact, he constantly re-uses ideas. The character of the mysterious twin sister may return in the form of the protagonist, but obviously won't be Luke's twin sister, and probably won't be related to him at all. I'd bank on the individual character itself appearing, however.

Personally, I think this is where Star Wars needs to go for this new trilogy. We've already seen Luke and Anakin's stories, which had many similarities. If the protagonist is a young woman, it allows for completely new take on dramatic structure, mythological themes, etc. The villain will probably be female as well, which would be quite interesting. I also think working on The Clone Wars and developing Ahsoka may have something to do with taking the story in this direction.

25. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd be let down if none of the EU characters appear in the ST.

Force Smuggler likes this.