main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Micro-series vs. TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Which Clone Wars show do you like better?

1. Clone Wars (2003)

115 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. The Clone Wars (2008)

212 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    im not saying their characters... im saying the dynamic they bring... its something that doesnt exist in TCW. and yes more + better = WAYYY BETTER whihc is why TCW is way better :D

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I like Satine a lot, but seriously, 2D CW knew how to build a powerful villain, look at Durge, GG, Dooku and AV.

AusStig likes this.
  3. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    what about maul, cad bane, savage, ventress, etc...

even with the likes of krell who was an amazing villain in such little screen time

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Maul is a good one, but bring him back is still a bit odd, AV as a villain, is better in CW. Savage and Bane is no way close to GG in 2D CW.

AusStig likes this.
  5. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    i agree with this. however just because the old CW has 1 better villain doesnt mean all the great villains in TCW cant combine to be greater. which in my opinion thy most certainly do

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Like Durge? He got completely destroyed, but still managed to return.

7. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    exactly. durge was a lame villain anyways. glad they didnt bring him back in TCW

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Durge was a far better recurring villain than anything TCW could develop so they brought back Maul. :rolleyes:

AusStig likes this.
  9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    My biggest problem with the microseries is how over-the-top it was. It was more anime than Star Wars. Now, don't attack me, I like anime, but it's not Star Wars. I much prefer the ROTS/TCW General Grievous than Tartakovsky's.

General Grievous does not possess the Force. It is incredible how Grievous can stand up to Master Jedi and not only survive, but push them back. In the microseries, GG can take down 5 Jedi at once with ease, belittling the Force and it's power.

Asajj Ventress didn't get enough screen time in the early seasons, but her Nightsister Arc was some of the best of The Clone Wars.

And Bane is fantastic just for the Obi-Wan/Bane dynamic in the Deception Arc.

10. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    not really... everyone in TCW is better than durge. aura sing, boba, ventress, dooku, savage, even the droids are better. even greedo is a better villain. an indestructible villain has absolutely no appeal whatsoever. since its impossible to destroy them theirs no point in even having them in the first place

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well I thought Durge was pretty cool, and I liked the concept of him, but when Obi-Wan made him explode into nothing and then I found out he actually survived that, I think that's when it's going too far, and he should have been dead. But someone like Darth Maul, who has come back after being cut in half seems like a good limit to stay at, as it's more believable since we got a whole episode explaining how he survived, plus we know if he looks like he's been killed later on in the show, then we know he would have be killed off the show and won't be brought back again somehow.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He does not possess the Force but he was built by top level technology and can match the speed of Jedi.

13. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    and he has syfo dias' blood in him.. i think its pretty obvious that grevious has at least some force abilities although very limited

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm not talking about the Jedi using the Force to up speed. Jedi can use the Force to sense what an opponent is about to do, in the very short term. General Grievous is such a good fighter (yes, with his cybernetic implants) that he can STILL fight against Jedi, even without any way to counteract this ability.

That's why I don't need General Grievous to be able to kill 4 Jedi in a couple of minutes as in the microseries. That he is able to stand up to Jedi and beat them at all impresses me.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Durge was blasted in to a sun.
    [​IMG]

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes they can but GG is too fast for them to handle, not just his lightsabers, his legs and hands can both become weapon.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    *sigh* RIP Obsession.

EDIT: lol, I probably just alerted a buttload of people with those nested quotes. =P

JackG likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I completely agree. It's fun to see him the way he is in the micro series, but I can't count most of that stuff in my canon.

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  19. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Too much math.

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Some people like quantity, filler, crap over consistent quality material.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  21. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I always wanted to see a Gendai Sith Lord...

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011

kenobifan1999 and Seerow like this.
  23. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    I loved the Micro series...

It was something new and original that weve never seen before... I thought it was a fresh and original take..

Was it a bit over the top, Sure it was, but it sure as hell was fun..... And the jedi kick ass in this

AusStig and Prequelfan93 like this.
  24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    QFT. ;)