main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What plotline, character or scene in the entire Saga irritates you the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    There are many *many* things I intensely dislike about the prequels, but they tend to be rather wide in scope, for example, casting choices and the youth of the Anakin character. But my least favorite "plotline, character or scene" hands down would be Dex's Diner. I can understand that a lot of folks like the Dex character, but the whole scene was such a jarring departure from "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" to "the local greasy spoon in south Brooklyn... but with robots and aliens!" My suspension cord of disbelief just kind of snapped when that scene came up.

2. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    trade federation scene, tpm

the one talks with a filter that sounds like an 8 year old girl...it's aweful

3. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Anakin's whining. What a thing to do to such an important character! It's entirely possible to establish conflict, impatience, frustration etc without making the guy sound like a spoilt brat. Same thing with his behaviour towards Padme. He was 19, not 12 - he could have been portrayed with a lot more maturity. It was a missed opportunity.

4. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    While I do believe that the events that occur in Episode 3 can lead to the downfall and turn of allegiance by Anakin the way that it happens is much too quick and unrealistic. It just feels sort of contrived, like you can see it happening, but I guess because there's limited screen time it all happens too fast.

Midichlorians don't bother as much as they used to. I view them as a "symptom" of force affinity rather than the cause of force powers.

Eryndil likes this.
  5. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I do not believe that retaliation for the sake of retaliation is a just cause 4 four war!!!

Your second sentence doesn't make any sense at all whatsoever, no offense is intended towards you!!!

I've have come to the conclusion that the galactic sith empire was evil, not because of what I'm am expected 2 too believe, but from researching the expanded universe atrocities!!!

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Good for you, you qualify as a Jedi.

What second sentence in that wall of text: I'm not even sure what I said and you said.

Congrats - you've taken a step into a larger world by doing some research for yourself.

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The Inheritance Cycle by that dude guy named/called Christopher Paolini contains a continent-wide, a supposedly-so called, "evil" Empire, that, despite that/his fantasy books series labeling and&/or dubbing them and King Galbatorix and Murtagh as "evil abominations", from my research and from my reading of that books series, I've have come to the conclusion that the Varden rebellion was really the evil bad guys, and that the supposedly so called "evil empire", was, witch wasn't all of that so perfect, was fighting a group of terrorists against waging an unjust war!!!

In Star Wars, whom that loser Christopher Paolini has plagiarized, due to my researching, I've have come to the conclusion, due to all of those/the expanded universe atrocities, that the Galactic Sith Empire was very evil and that the rebel alliance was waging an very unjust war!!!

The second sentence in that wall of text, it, umm, well, it'd had involved something to do with about Alderaan. If not everybody was rebelling, wasn't everybody happy under Alderaan??? And, yes, I do agree with you on that older Alderaanian piece of information!!!!

I am not saying that star wars's bad guys are actually really the good guys, as I've have done so far in the past, Valairy Scot, and I do not want/i do not wish to continue to derail this thread by discussing Christopher Paolini's fantasy book series Inheritance Cycle. Start a conversation with me about that, under the condition that if you so desire to do so!!!

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The first death star and the second death star were built in order too keep the local star systems in line. Not for mining instrments at all!!!

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Of course- but that's not what he told the public.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Prove this information with some good old Expanded Universe stuff four me!!!

Besides, even if that's is true, don't all dictators lie to their public??? That does not mean that he would have his minions blow up some imperial planets just in order to get their resources from them!!!

The untold story of the ultimate weapon—created to annihilate worlds…and enslave a galaxy!
    The Death Star's name says it all, with bone-chilling accuracy. It is a virtual world unto itself—equipped with uncanny power for a singularly brutal purpose: to obliterate entire planets in the blink of an eye. Its annihilation of the planet Alderaan lives in infamy. And its own ultimate destruction, at the hands of Luke Skywalker, is the stuff of legend. But what is the whole story, and who are the players, behind the creation of this world-killing satellite of doom?
    The near extermination of the Jedi Order cleared the way forPalpatine—power-hungry Senator and Sith Lord—to seize control of the Republic, declare himself Emperor, and usher in a fearsome, totalitarian regime. But even with the dreaded Darth Vader to enforce his sinister will, the threat of rebellion still looms. And the Emperor knows that only abject fear—and the ability to punish dissent with devastating consequences—can ensure his unchallenged control of the galaxy. Enter ambitious and ruthless government official Wilhuff Tarkin, architect of the Emperor's terrifying dream come true.

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Another biggie complaint about a plotline, a character, and&/or a scene in the entire saga that irritates me the most.

Luke Skywalker showing empathy and-compassion-and forgiveness-and a second chance to an evil mass murdering tyrannical dictator, his father named/called Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker but shooting down dehuminazed stormtroopers without a second thought. It's is very similar to japanese soldiers being killed during the second world war, without any remorse whatsoever!!!

I can be more detailed and I can be more specific if you want me too!!!

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Umm...soldiers kill the other side's soldiers. And in ANH, Luke was a bit in over his head, essentially kidnapped (unwilling custody) by the Death Star, saw his mentor "killed" in front of him...I don't think he was about to "Please, we just want to leave, please let us."

As far as believing there was good in Vader, at least in early days, Luke had no reason I could see except faith. He simply could not fathom that his father was evil, not truly, so there had to be more to Vader than was apparent.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Academy I: Jedi Search- Qui Xux,one of the primary designers of the Death Star, believes it was built as a mining instrument (though there's an element of her knowing the truth subconsciously but repressing it.)

Also X: Wing: Wedge's Gamble- the Galactic Museum's display of the Battle of Endor has the narrator- a Vader hologram- claiming that Rebels stole the plans for a mining instrument, with the intention of using it as a superweapon- but the Emperor and Vader died heroically thwarting the Rebels.

14. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    OK, but that aint answering my question. You were making false claims about what the galactic empire would use the death star for. None of that implies using the first death star as a mining instrument. Actually, it's quite the opposites..

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The designer of the Death Star was told it was for mining- the Imperial museum claimed it was for mining- doesn't that suggest that, in the absence of a Rebellion, they would use it for- mining?

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    But how would using the first death star for mining hurt anybody?

Besides, maybe they were being lied to......

Second of all, in my opinion, the Galactic-Sith Empire was more like Stalinism than Nazi Germany.........

Third of all, I dislike all of this political motivational kinda of stuff!!!

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    When they decide that, when a planet full of valuable minerals has natives, "Too bad for them" and break it open anyway.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    However, my paternal grandfather didn't have a "war is glorious, let's go kick some serious ass"!!!, type of attitude!!!

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  20. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of those planet's mining resources are gone now!!!

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WarIsGlorious

• The Star Wars films. It's right there in the title. The enemies are dehumanized (faceless stormtroopers or mindless droids) and portrayed as evil. The Rebels are ragtag bunch of heroes and the Empire as an evil oppressive regime. In any case, all battle scenes in the series are played for action and excitement.
    • Well, Tarkin pulled the trigger. And Luke killed almost two million people when he exploded the Death Star when he was still nineteen. During his life, Luke killed way more people. And, let's face it, Jacen's atrocities are much worse than just killing Mara Jade.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That's not the same thing as Luke believing it was "glorious"- he's already lost his aunt and uncle to the war by that point.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    He had killed stormtroopers just for the hell of it, even when his friends were asking him to believe. PiettsHat has explained this perfectly.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/that-old-man-anakin.50004018/page-8

Dehumization of the enemy soldiers!!!

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Rebuttal, further down the page:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.