main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General So, Episode VII...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think there are some new Maul books out, and with the addition of his continuing appearance in TCW I'm not sure he would need much of a movie even if it was an origin one because TCW largely covered that stuff. According to EU he was around when Sidious' master was still alive and we know he was replaced by Dooku who Sidious considers superior (he said so in TCW)

Boba Fett is similar, his exploits after ROTJ (canon or not) have been covered significantly as has his origin. The best time to cover is his rise to dominance as #1 Bounty Hunter in the galaxy, but given the Live Action Series is meant to centre around him at that time seems it seems silly to have a spin-off movie doing the same.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Assuming the Live Action Series is still on. If they cancel it then the spin-off film would make sense.

Jason Fry has a new Maul book out aimed at a younger audience. ( Darth Maul Shadow Conspiracy ). I've just ordered it off Amazon UK.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Apparently ABC may pick up the LAS, there is material for it after all since they wrote at least 50 scripts before it was shelved. Disney has vast amounts of moolah so budget wouldn't really be an issue for them.

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Best thing about Maul (apart from introducing the double sabre) is that Peter Serafinowicz did the voice. Shame he wasn't asked to reprise his role in CW

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes, strange that. Although Sam Witwer is a great voice artist and likes doing stuff with Star Wars. Maul does sound very much the same as he did in the movie.
    I don't know why Lucas didn't let Ray Park do the voice, it's not exactly a difficult voice to put on.

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Ray is not an actor. He's a stuntman. I doubt he could get the "menace" across in his voice

7. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Ray Parks voice is as menacing as little orphan Annie.

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Ginger and soulless?

Yoshee likes this.
  9. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Exactly!

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Park did well enough as Toad in X-Men, and in Heroes as a knife-thrower guy where he had to do acting.

But obviously he's more suited to the silent fighter role as he is most famous for Darth Maul & Snake Eyes.

I hope he was at least told he would be dubbed over, unlike Prowse who maintains he didn't know JEJ had done Vader's lines until he saw the finished movie.

11. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Are we aware yet, based on previous knowledge of the timescale of this new project?

12. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    I don't know. As mush as I'd like to see original cast members return, I'm kind of hoping they set the new ones further in the future. Mainly because I can't imagine any real threat appearing 10 or so years after Jedi. Unless they plan on resurrecting the spirt of Palpatine. Which would be really, really lame.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Problem with a future one is that it's harder to link it with the rest of the Saga. Calling it Episode VII means it has to fit in with the previous 6 movies, if they want to go down the line of SW in the future they might as well adapt a seperate trilogy of the Legacy series.

Mark Hamill really should be in it, if only to fill the Obi Wan type role for the first movie.

Yoshee likes this.
  14. MasterVonbee

MasterVonbee Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2013
    Peter Serafinowicz provided the voice of Maul in the Phantom Menace http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Serafinowicz , no idea why he wasn't asked to reprise the role for the Clone Wars, but think Sam Witwer does a fantastic job with all the voices he does on the show.

Can't wait for the new films, now George Lucas is sharing his toys with other I have high hopes of them being amazing!

Yoshee likes this.
  15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Few of the same actors who did the movies do TCW, mainly because they're busy doing other movies.

16. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Peter has said that he wanted to do it. I think there was some kind of falling out though

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    KeithyT and Yoshee like this.
  18. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    It is known... ;)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The cast has divided many, some criticising the inclusion of only one additional female character and others wondering why largely unknown and untested actors are headlining the revival of the world's biggest franchise.
    Not to mention some of the racism, I really expected more tolerance from a minority such as nerds.

Yoshee likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that if you want to discuss the diversity in SW there is a new thread going in SWC on the subject.

21. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    I think the way 'nerds' treated Wossy recently stands testament to how intolerant and hateful they (we) can actually be at times...

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Wow. This is a whole new world to me. Only ever been in 3SA and now 7SA, and some of the racism I've witnessed over there is, well... [face_plain]

I'm very optimistic about VII. Pleased with the film-making team. Happy with the cast so far. SW has always utilised relative unknowns so I'm not sure why anyone would be bothered about that.

I'm really looking forward to it. I can't help myself.

Yoshee likes this.
  23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    All signs so far are good, I am also optimistic. But I don't want to get too excited, over-hype is a big part of what killed the Prequels for a lot of people.

StoneRiver likes this.
  24. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    That and the bad scripts, worse acting, horrendous over use of CGI....... Jar Jar Bink's :p

fuzzbox77 likes this.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well yeah.
    But I think they get more hate often than they deserve. Problematic as they are, they have good bits. They are 3 star movies and that's not exactly bad, just that compared to the much revered and acclaimed originals they stink. Star Wars should not be average, and that is what it became.

But if you go to some places on this site (like the JCC) there is so much hate thrown at them you'd think they deserve to be buried in a hole with Batman & Robin or Pearl Harbour or Spider-Man 3 or other such trash. That's pretty harsh I think.