main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Edited in the new Rules of the Pit as they are buried too deep in the thread to be seen.

A flash and an eruption of noise sounds while a sign is hung over the door which reads, “WELCOME BACK TO THE RANCOR PIT, RECENTLY TIDIED AND BROUGHT TO FULL FUNCTIONALITY!”

As it has been we remain at the outskirts of the EU Community, far from the more civilized places like the Blue Moon Cantina and the semi civilized discussions, the Rancor Pit.

The Pitmasters, darthbernael and Sinrebirth, encourage all who wish to do so to try their hand, given that they follow the stated rules.

Rules of the Rancor Pit:

1: Obey the TOS for the JC forums at all times

2: Duels are held IC, no personal attacks. Unless you want to be the Rancor’s next meal.

3: The word of the Pitmasters is law; One addendum is that Circle Lords and Jedi Masters are reserved the right to remove the Apprentice/Padawan/Peon/Initiate of their Order should the duel require such action.

4: Prior to duels, the Pitmasters request that both combatants discuss terms of the duel, including levels of ability, should there be a disparity, The stated terms, levels of ability to be used, would be posted prior to the duel commencing.

5: The discussion of the terms will take place by PM, between the combatants and, if possible, a Circle Lord and Jedi Council member, or the duelists masters.

6: All combat is to be non-lethal. Don’t push the Pitmasters on this one.

7: This ties into Rule 4 but no permanent maiming is allowed unless agreed upon prior to engagement.

8: The Pitmasters request that at least one Circle Lord and Jedi Council Member ”be present” (Observing as, as possible, the duel goes on) whenever a duel between a Sith and a Jedi occurs whether a Pitmaster is in attendance or not, to ensure fairness in the duel. If there are issues those worthies can contact the Pitmasters to mediate.

9: The use of beasts within the Pit requires the approval of either a Jedi Council Member or Sith Circle Lord (Depending on the appropriate faction), and if neither can be reached, the approval of a Pit Master.

Now…on to the changes to the Pit itself.
    [​IMG]

There have been a few improvements to the Pit with the renovation, as you may see in the image below. The dueling arena has been widened, cleared of debris, scrubbed down to the flagstones, and nudges the groundskeepers and nods at the slippery flagstones the slick floor once again covered in clean sand. The reserved seating for the Sith Circle Lords and the Jedi Council members has been improved and moved to a point that gives both groups, on opposite sides of the arena, a better view of the proceedings. The roof has been redesigned and can be retracted to add to the atmosphere of duels, whether to add the elements or to allow the brilliant sun to shine directly on the combatants.

[​IMG]

However, the spectators are there just to spectate. The main focus is, of course, the Pit itself. And what lies below. The floor has also had improvements made, which would allow additional combatants, droids, and beasts to be released from the catacombs should the duel allow. As we cater to all variety of Force Users and warriors, including Mandalorians, any special requests for foes that one would not find elsewhere can be fulfilled.

Duels are meant to be enjoyed by both the participants as well as the spectators. Whether it is a duel for training one or both of the combatants, a grudge duel, or a duel just because you and your opponent want to have fun beating on each other with lightsabers, spears, swords, or other weapons, that is what the Pit is for. It can also be used for individual training, whether a Sith Lord or Jedi Master bringing their Apprentice or Padawan and asking for any extra training tools from the Pitmasters or bringing your own, NPC, foe to fight. These will still be observed by the Pitmasters but only so you clean up after yourselves when spilling blood all over our nice new floors.

The Rancor Pit may also be reserved for EUC special events and games, just comm ahead to be sure there is no other important event taking part when yours is requested.

[​IMG]

2. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    *Walks in and gets a blue moon ale* Pitmaster who's going to be the first victim?

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    This should be interesting...

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    *saunters in, stretches* This is going to be fun... [face_mischief]

The Vanguard likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I accidentally read "stretcher" in your post, Becca, the first time I read it. :p I think that will somehow fit in this thread.

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    For everyone else, maybe [face_mischief] :p Luckily I know first aid.

Jedi_Goulden_25 likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    And is there a particular opponent you have in mind Becca? Or just the first willing to accept your challenge? If you like I am sure I could find an undead sparring partner for you. ;)

[​IMG]

8. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Don't bring out the undead. I have too many bad memories *shudders*

Nah, I can take on anyone who offers a challenge - I'm a Mando, Jedi in training, and a long time pilot, I'm up for anything [face_mischief]

Jedi_Goulden_25 likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Roger that on the undead. ;)

So are there any takers? Anyone brave enough to take on the devious, dedicated and deadly Becca? :p

[​IMG]

10. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    *Walks into the pit with his pet Nexu beside him, sits at the bar and orders a Corellian Ale*

This looks like a good time *grins and cracks his knucks while Rami (pet Nexu) is full of glee*

I'd like to try this out but I think I'm going to watch the first match before I get into this.

*Grabs the Corellian ale and takes a sip as he leans back and gets ready to watch the fight between Becca and whoever challenges her*

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Well, I'm not just going to stand here and wait if no one is brave enough to face me in combat. *grabs a drink while waiting*

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    stands in door way and smiles at Becca before shaking her head slowly

I'm not that stupid Becca, I've known you long enough to know I wouldn't stand a chance, and I'd be hurting big time if I did.

leans against door frame and folds arms

Do me a favour, no killing, it won't look good on your records, or reflect well on your Lead ;)

pushes off door frame and turns to leave.

And have fun.

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Hey, the rules say non-lethal and no permanent damage... I can do that... [face_devil]

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    stops and smirks while shaking her head

But nothing about pain.....that's where I'm out mate.

leaves

15. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    *Finds the nearest zombie and, as it runs towards her Swan turns around, sticks out an arm and causes it to flip over backwards before twisting in place dropping to one knee and stabbing it with a fork a few times.* :mad:

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  17. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Come on, Skyguy, I'm sure you can take on your Padawan :p

18. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    In a 'non-limited by story' scenario? Heck no. I know my limits :p

19. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
  20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    *Finds a nice cut out of the Enemy and, using a katana takes a stance before twisting in place, holding the katana straight out at shoulder height with both hands and, in a flurry of movement slices the enemy three times, once per twist*

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Some one sounds angry. Good, good...

[​IMG]

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Just having some fun. [face_devil]

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Use your aggresive feelings Swannie! [face_devil]

(Feels good though doesn't it?) :p

[​IMG]

24. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Hey Bardan. I got somethin' for ya. C'mon over here for a minit. :p It's fun every once in a while. ;)

25. mesazombiejarjar

mesazombiejarjar Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2011
    *Shambles towards Swannie*

Mesa glad to be doin messas part! =P~