main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Concerning the rumors:

My first reaction was:
    WHAT?! First the 3D conversions of the PT get "postponed", then VII might not be released in 2015 after all, then Hasbro cancels their TCW figure line/ seriously cut back on articulation, then the 1313 game gets cancelled... and now finally, they are cancelling this show when it's being the most dazzling it's ever been?! What is Disney doing?!:eek:[face_sigh]

My second reaction was: If this *truly* was the last of TCW, the series has ended on the highest possibly note they could have possibly ended it on and I will applaud anyone involved with this entertaining show! @};-=D=

AkashKedavra_93, V-2 and rezpen like this.
  2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    1313 has been confirmed not cancelled by the way.

Coric and GGrievous like this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    More like

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My hope, if this is true?

The surviving TCW characters appear in a Dark Times era show.

Which has new writers.

5. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Lol and Episode 2 and 3 are "postponed" :)

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Please no. Move on...

It'll just be TCW show #2.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not necessarily, not if Filoni isn't in charge.

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I have conflicted opinions on a cancellation.

I love this show and want to see more, yet we're 5 (FIVE!) seasons in and there's been so much filler. Sucks that they wasted time if they get cancelled. That's why you don't have filler.

Hopefully, they'd be able to make a finale arc, or some novels can be written to complete certain characters' stories (yes, ironic it would be).

Again though, not official so I'm not crying.

KED12345 likes this.
  9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    This is now relevant to my interests.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Now you see where I'm going with this. ;)

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm just going to point out that this "news" comes from a UK site. And is simply repeating the 'three/several sources' thing that appeared on the Save The Clone Wars FB page. Why would a UK site have several sources? How would they have got them? Explain that.

Why hasn't a US site broken the news first if that is what these three/several sources are saying?

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    We have the internet you know! We're not totally isolated from the world. :p

But yeah, not official.

V-2 likes this.
  13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Don't presume to ask how we procure information. We have our ways.

eht13, V-2, Coric and 2 others like this.
  14. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    If this cancellation is legit, I take back nearly every positive thing I've said about the Disney sale. "Postponing" the 3D releases and now this? Come the **** on, Disney. Honestly, I refuse to hop on the "well be happy we're at least getting Episode VII" wagon, because I was really much more looking forward to a proper conclusion to The Clone Wars. I don't doubt the sequel trilogy will be great fun, but I totally disagree in the idea of scrapping all other projects to focus on the new movies. Why can't we be happy to have new movies AND Clone Wars? Star Wars has always covered a range of media, and different eras, at the same time. It is not going to kill them to keep TCW going for a few more years and focus on episode VII.

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Nor is Episode VII under a serious threat of delay. Abrams only said he will give it all the time it deserves/needs.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I think I'd laugh in a bout of hysteria if TCW got cancelled, 1313 actually got cancelled (rather than delayed), and then Episode VII threw out all the post-ROTJ EU.

Since that's actually a possibility, I don't deny that I'm not exactly in the "Disney" camp right now.

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    There are new television series going to be out during the ST. If 1313 and TCW get cancelled, just hold on for two years with what we've got. There's like, 5 new Star Wars movies coming out and probably more than one television series coming out.

Entirely possible that if they do get rid of TCW, it's because people are going to start complaining the franchise will be "milked beyond reason" (not that I agree at all, but just look at the reactions people had when they confirmed Star Wars movie spinoffs)

V-2 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just don't want to go two years with no new Star Wars. :(

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm one of those people - there is/was a worry of this show going 10 seasons, which is completely unnecessary. It'd only take a single season to finish the story though (which would be Season 7, I guess, since Season 6 is either mostly done or completely done).

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm going to think that you're being sarcastic here.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    If TCW gets cancelled I will an hero live on UStream

klooney likes this.
  22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    If TCW gets cancelled, I would use an Ahsoka icon for a month.

Nah. :p

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
  24. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Setting aside discussion of its quality, I don't understand why Disney is axing things left and right. Surely any attention on the Star Wars name brand constitutes success for them, even if it isn't directed at Episode 7?

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    If it turns out to be true (seeming more and more likely) then it's a dumb decision. Having SW in multiple eras isn't exactly diluting the franchise, not everything has to be set in whatever era the ST is going to be in (Legacy?)

QuangoFett and Sable_Hart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.