main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Who do you believe issued the Order 66 on TCW? Lucas, Iger, or Kennedy?

Random Comments likes this.
  2. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  3. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Has TCW been cancelled?

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    We'll see on Tuesday.

A bunch of pessimistic articles can make things like dire.

6. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    RFR now saying it's cancelled on their Facebook:

7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [face_relieved]

No, but seriously, I guess we'll see just how credible that turns out to be in the days to come.

8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_sigh]

Hopefully it isn't credible at all.. I've never listened or paid attention to RFR. Have they received and published info from "inside sources" before that ended up being right (or wrong)?

9. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    RFR also just posted this article a few hours ago:

It seems a sad fact that The Clone Wars is likely not returning to any television screens in the next year. I’ve heard rumblings to this effect from people in the know for a while now, but never on the record, and with them always encouraging us to show support for the show. Over the weekend, though, it seems as though The Clone Wars has met its demise.
    Jedi News UK is reporting from “several sources” that The Clone Wars is done. There has been no official announcement, though I’ve heard one will be forthcoming, perhaps as early as tomorrow. There’s no good reason for this, but I said back in January that the plug could be pulled for the same shortsighted reasons as the 3D re-releases of the other films.
    None of my sources has any reason to lie to me, but I was holding out talking about this until an official announcement was made, in hopes that it was all an elaborate bluff. Perhaps it will all turn out to be an elaborate bluff anyway and the announcement will be good news. We’ll see Season Six and all of the rest of the material in production finished and released to us to tide us over until the Sequel Trilogy.

But it doesn’t seem likely.
    I’ll be angry and saddened by the “official” loss of The Clone Wars. I’ll be doubly angry if the completed episodes don’t air or appear on Netflix or iTunes, especially with the cliffhangers of the last two arcs of Season 5. But, as Master Yoda said, we must rejoice for those around us who transform into the force. The Clone Wars has given us five seasons of Star Wars that have blown us away. In the initial press releases, we were only getting 100 episodes over four seasons. With more than 100 over five seasons, perhaps we were living on borrowed time anyway.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Well, it seems the time has come for TCW. So Savage Oppress killed it with his horns, or does that contradict some of the other facts?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Nothing that I recall, but they do seem to have a fairly close relationship with several of the actors and Filoni. JAT, Ashley, Stanton, Kane, Witwer: it wouldn't surprise too much if one of them slipped them a hint.

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    If it was Disney's decision, this wouldn't surprise me. After they acquired Marvel, Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men were each canned. And Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was canned because Marvel later got their own animation studios.

If it is over, at least it's at a (fairly) natural stopping point. Ahsoka's left the order, Maul is alive and doing something mysterious for Sidious, Mother Talzin lives to scheme some more and Ventress is off on Coruscant enjoying her career as a bounty hunter. While it would be nice for more closure, if this is how it must end, so be it.

13. night0205

night0205 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    I just got an insider source statement...

Bob Iger was very excited about continuing The Clone Wars for a couple more seasons, and seeing how Dave Filoni was going to wrap up the ending.

But then he saw what they did to Barriss in the finale of Season Five's "The Wrong Jedi"... Apparently Barriss was Bob Iger's favorite character in all of the Star Wars Universe... and had some sort of break down after seeing the episode. The source says that soon after it aired, Disney decided to cancel the show in honor of Barriss.

Bob Iger is reportedly recorded as saying "Barriss is not a killer, she heals people, not kills, heals".

14. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    All we got from Disney so far was:

Cancellation of the existing Star Wars films in 3D.
    Star Wars 1313 game on "indefinite" hold.
    Hasbro stopping Clone Wars toy line. (probably not Disney's fault, coincidence)
    Cancellation of The Clone Wars animated series.

And for all the EU fanboys, beware when the Del Rey & Darkhorse contracts expire, It will truely be the dark times for Star Wars again..

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    And they're planning to deliberately make Episode VII awful. Then the destruction of your feeble Star Wars franchise will be complete! [face_devil]

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    For realz, this would be a dream come true. There is nothing I want more from Star Wars than its end.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  18. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    The more and more I think bout the Disney buyout, the more it looks like a hostile take over. We, Lucas did sign it over willingly, but it's just looking like a typical "buy you competition and shut them down move".

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I've always hoped an Episode VII would one day be produced, but I didn't realise it would come at the expense of all other Star Wars.

If Disney throw out the novels, they'll have actually destroyed the entire existing franchise.

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Just because The Clone Wars is now owned by Disney, why can't they still make more seasons and just release them straight to DVD instead of being shown on TV? I wouldn't mind that.

21. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    .........You guys are right. This Disney Star Wars has been nothing but destruction so far....I'm not liking this direction we are headed in. If they cancel the books and comics, I can then clearly state that they have literally WIPED OUT Star Wars in the present time. I don't like that fact that we are so close to being able to say there is nothing new in Star Wars.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  22. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    That would be too good to be true. In our society, everybody's so self-motivated and driven for their own successes. That would be a waste of time and money just for fan service...

23. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    I don't get why everyone is getting worked up. People across the internet on a couple websites say its cancelled, and now everyone across the internet is saying that its cancelled. I want to know WHO inside of Lucasfilm these people have talked to that have said its cancelled. Then I will believe. As for right now, all the OFFICIAL news points towards the series continuing.

hlc88 and V-2 like this.
  24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Based on a comment on the Save Star Wars The Clone Wars facebook page, the sources are "a writer and an actor."

25. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    If this turns out to be true-and it really is looking likely at this point-then my warm feelings towards Disney's ownership of Star Wars will go colder.

We better get those ten episodes and feature finale that another poster was talking about. You can't leave Maul and Rex's stories hanging like that.

fett 4 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.