main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ FF New Zealand - Command Centre

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh wow, really? I live in Auckland, so I'll have to keep an eye out. I got to a lot of malls in Auckland, so I'm surprised I haven't seen any, besides 4-LOM and Admiral Ackbar.

2. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Toyco in St Luke's usually has a real good range of figures and the Farmers across the street in the St Luke's mall is my go to spot for figures as well.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Sweet, I'll have to check them both out next time I go there, which will probably be sometime soon. I go to Farmers every time I go to St. Luke's and they always have a lot of Star Wars franchise.

4. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    I've noticed both have slowed down a little on their fighures over the last couple of monthd though....which is a tad annoying!!

5. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Aaronaman. Welcome. Cool name BTW. ;)

I'm not collecting anymore, but have the complete set of vintage figures, die-cast vehicles and all the original waves of the episode 1 series. I'm keen on laying my hands on two of the new vintage series stromtroopers (loose) so I can do somethi gsimilar to this on top of my monitors at work....

6. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Hahaha that's great....I have a few vintage rebel troopers guarding a few pot plants round the house.

Cheers for the comment on the name.....my main goal is to get Amanaman the respect he deserves as a great SW bounty hunter haha

7. Hurricanejedi

Hurricanejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2013
    Hey guys, just joined the site. SW fan from Welly! Keen to talk all things star wars. Im pretty excited about JJ's upcoming star wars. I like these forums cause i can totally geek out and instead of the blank face of who gives a **** whether han solo shot first or not. I can actually talk to people who care haha. Where is everyone from?

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome Hurricanejedi, I hope that you'll enjoy your time on the boards.

I am from NSW, on the other side of that stretch of water separating NZ from Australia... but there are a few others around here are closer to where you are.

As for Han shooting first... it changes with each edition of the film. The Blu-ray edition gets it pretty close though.

9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey mate, I'm in South Australia, like him, across the pond!

Han did shoot first, my daughter has a t shirt that says so!!

Make sure you explore more than just Oceania, there are some great forums and threads here where geeking out is totally encouraged!!

10. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013

Dont worry Adalia-Durron i am already posting a plenty on numerous forums. At the moment discussing Clone wars ending etc. I have this great idea to wrap up some loose ends. Ahsoka has left and is doing her own thing and then anakin sensing a disturbance much like he did with his mother. He goes to the planet she is hiding only to find maul seeking out revenge by attacking her, before he can help her maul stabs her with his lightsaber and in a fit of rage he kills maul (helping him get closer to the dark side) ties it up nicely! And thanks Corellian_Outrider Great to be here!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now Corellian_Outrider is going to want to read that lot, he LOVES the Clone Wars, me I can take it or leave it. My son on the other hand, LOVES them too! Shame that the plug was pulled. :(

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It's too sad that it had to end, I wonder what is happening with this "bonus content" and how much of it we will be getting. What they had shown is something connected to Master Sifo Dyas and another as a precursor to Order 66.

Maul is definitely a loose end.

For fear of spoiling anything for anyone that hasn't see the Season 5 finale, I'll put this in a spoiler tag

Ahsoka on the other hand... her fate at the end of Season 5 is appropriate and while it was heartrending to watch, she does take her destiny into her own hands and lives on. Something Anakin should have done and followed her on this... he wants to do the same but does not. This does connect to ROTS because by her leaving, it has placed doubt in his mind, the thought that he failed her... it means that she will always be on his mind and knowing she is out there as a constant reminder of that 'failure'. More potent than having her die and he moving on.

The Council is not open about admitting to their mistakes, if you watch closely at that final Council scene in S5 finale, you can see when Windu opened his mouth, he had put his foot in it and ruined the moment and made Ahsoka decide to leave. Because Anakin's Padawan was not elevated to the level of Knight, the council view that as a 'failure' on his part and also plays into why they would allow him onto the Council but not give him the status of Master in ROTS.

Final thoughts: I knew the moment had to come, I'm glad they handled it in the way they did as there would be serious repercussions if they had her die. Ahsoka lives!

13. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    How do you do the spoiler tag?

Love your thoughts though. Awesome.

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I just type spoiler in the square brackets [ ]

like this [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ]

just without the spaces inside. It's pretty handy.

Thank you, :) I think Ahsoka is a brilliant addition to the saga and she adds so much to fabric that makes up Anakin and several of the other characters. I will miss the TCW. First Stargate, now this.

Who was your favourite character from the series?

15. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    I am a big ahsoka fan as well. But i love Embo. Embo is my favourite bounty hunter. He has a dog(well dog like creature) and a crossbow ( as a archery fan i esp like) But Obi Wan. I think you really get to know Obi Wan in TCW. He is badass. When he faces Maul and savage he is just amazing. He has funny quirps and great advice. I think that Ewen Mcgregor was a great casting choice for Obi, he even sounded a bit like Mcguinesses. (younger version of course) I am looking forward to those final episode arcs coming god knows when. Corellian_Outrider

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    ears prick up when the word archery is mentioned.

Did someone say Archery? :confused::D

17. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    haha yeh Adalia-Durron Yeh i used to teach Archery a few years back. Saving up to buy myself a bow and get back into it

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    McGregor did well in the prequels. I also love James Arnold Taylor's work as Kenobi (and several other characters) in TCW... to switch between the nuances of Ewan and Alec Guinness so smoothly and remaining true to the character of Kenobi... The whole cast is talented, Matt Lanter made the perfect Anakin in my opinion. Another great character was Hondo Ohnaka.

Yep, there was mentioning of archery, Addie ;)

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Arh, then you and I have alot in common! I shoot archery, long bow. Target shooting only, but love it.

20. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    Nice, i kind of want a recurve bow. I might get a compound a recurve is more natural, relies on skill rather than a scope haha. Although CB are a lot stronger. Im start a new job in a couple weeks so i should be able to save up to buy a bow. Yeh Hondo is another one of my favs. I love in the younglings trilogy where he kidnaps them, then droids attack him, they free him. He then saves them and asks for money from Kenobi for the trouble. Haha what a boss! Corellian_Outrider Adalia-Durron

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My son shoots compound, bare bow. But he wants to try long bow now....I went to the local Medieval Fair last weekend and shot there in full costume...and LOVED IT! It was such fun shooting at foam animals, and they even had a moving foam goat that was able to hit three times! So if needed, I could feed my family :p

22. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    haha, ill make sure you are apart of my zombie apocalypse crew then.

23. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    Corellian_Outrider You are welcome to be a part of it as well, what do you bring to the table? although talking star wars with you by the fire while we fend off zombies is prob good enough for me....haha

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I have done some archery in the past and love it but it has been too long since I last held a bow and I miss it.

What I can bring is the ability to conjure up "MacGyverisms"... to work a solution with what we have when things go awry. Always handy to think outside the box and talking Star Wars by the fire also boosts morale and spirits... something important to keep up when the 'blight' is happening :)

Hurricanejedi likes this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And he can draw......man can he draw....