main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd totally watch that!

2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Some promotional art for the new show has leaked;

[​IMG]

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes! Tarkin is echoing the David Caruso droid for sure...

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd like a version in which Ventress makes Tarkin her *****.

eht13 and earlchinna like this.
  5. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
  6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    <Filoni>Needs more Ahsoka</Filoni>

7. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004

well Stanton only reply to someone by saying "another show, not clone wars"... this is as vague as it gets, that doesn't exclude my guess, to which I keep standing :p
    + there is actually a guy saying something like it could be between 3-4, of course no reply though Stephen liked the comment... but oh well he is quite the friendly dude I think he actually hit the Like to every post anyway lol... but nothing contradict this possibility

maybe it's just the way I found to not be too pissed by disney :p
    in this case we'd be getting content we were supposed to see just set in after the clone wars
    because the main thing that bugs me with this run to the wrap up, is that even if we might get the important events on screen, we might loose the sensation of time simply passing that helps character development itself (same way as the fact that we had many Ahsoka episodes this year, it made the finale big events all the more fantastic)

err, wait and see I guess [face_cow]

V-2 likes this.
  8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Clearly, Tarkin is the by-the-book one.

Though age of consent is at least 16 in some US states.

Firefly did get a movie, though.

9. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Damn straight. Tarkin's the by-the-book cop, Ventress is the rogue maverick, Vader is the chief telling them "I don't like your methods, but you get results. Now get out there and book 'em before the Emperor's all over my ass."

We have our winning formula, ladies and gentlemen.

AvadaKenobi and earlchinna like this.
  10. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I saw this this on the Save the Clone Wars website, which my assumption is probably someone that is on TFN too:

http://www.savetheclonewars.com/2013/03/disney-has-changed-their-minds-before.html

Seerow and cwustudent like this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess someone is going to have to get a domain and build that website. -sigh-

Are you with me?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You know, how do we know that it wasn't Lucasfilm itself that pulled the plug rather then Disney? It could be Kathleen Kennedy... rather then the head honchos of Disney... Though I agree that it would be better to mail those two people rather then Filoni, because he probably is not at any fault here in this and he is clearly aware of the campaign.

13. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Look guys, Disney is not going to "save" the Clone Wars at this stage simply because there's no real money to be made by them. Warner's owns the distribution rights to Seasons 1-5, so there's no big money to be made there. And at this stage I don't think Disney is interested in working out a syndication arrangement with Warner's where they buy the rights from Warners, and frankly I doubt Warners would be interested in selling because this is where the real money gets made... besides Disney will still get a cut as owners of Lucasfilm.

My guess would be Disney will take the remaining arcs and cut them into movies and either debut them on a Disney cable channel or release them straight to video.

Yancy

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm all in. Obviously ;) Seerow have you seen http://www.savetheclonewars.com ? They have a pretty comprehensive set of info....

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pretty comprehensive but plain. That's quote a commitment actually. Guess I'm on of those people arrogant enough to think I should take matters into my own hands and do it better. Really the mission is kind of blurry.

I don't think at this point the Save The Clone Wars stuff is really about 'saving' the show. Its about making getting a proper conclusion and making sure as much complete material as possible gets out the pipe. The biggest fear now is that we'll get the remaining arcs and it turns out to be a few left over scraps that taste good but don't fill us up, they won't go anywhere. The Kim Possible example cited basically bought that show one more season and that's it and its possible TCW has 2 seasons worth of material. Disney is already moving onto the new pilot so other than that its over. Any new show may struggle without a toy line. To be honest if folks are really serious about this they need to be buying merchandise, the DVDs, and the Blu-rays.

16. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Oh I agree that the show should be given an opportunity to conclude properly, and I suspect we will get that in some fashion given the recent announcement by Dave. I just would not hold out a lot of hope the show will be given another season on a Disney channel. I think Clone Wars TV movies are a more likely scenario with a video release afterward.

Yancy

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think if Disney wanted to they could just rebrand the season 6 episodes, call them something like The Clone Wars: The Finale Act or something and run the last 22 episodes. I think the shows biggest problem with Disney is content wise.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't think content is the problem for Disney... it's just logistics, rights, and money. My prediction is that these final episodes (I really doubt it will be as many as 20 episodes; I would guess more like 10) will be shown on starwars.com first and then appear as the so-called "bonus content" on the Season 5 DVDs / Blu-Rays.

19. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Wouldn't it make more sense (from Disney's perspective) to release them as a separate set? If its on season five, they won't get extra money from those who were going to buy it anyway...

V-2 likes this.
  20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I tend to agree with it making more sense to release the new stuff separately, except they may want to give the fans "something extra" on the S5 set to reward them for being loyal fans of the show. But who am I kidding, Disney is pulling the plug early on the series, so it would seem they are more concerned with money than giving the fans any kind of consideration.

Random Comments likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I like your passion to get something going to support the campaign, I'd like to hear your ideas on that. But I think some solidarity is helpful if the website is going to be shared across social media, podcasts, blogs, and boards to get as many people enlisted in the cause and focus it.

It looks like https://www.savetheclonewars.com has the mission statement in the "About Us" section: "We want more than bonus content! We want the many stories that the creators have set out to tell to be completed. We ask that the powers that be to please reconsider this decision." I think this is close to what most of us want, except many of us would be satisfied with simply getting the main story arcs and character arcs concluded, and wouldn't insist on every story from Season 6-8 be produced, especially the tangential ones. I would personally love to see all episodes that they envisioned get produced, but since it may not realistic, it may be better to focus energy on getting the stories concluded the right way.

They added a poll for folks to choose between sending a TCW merchandise item - figure or t-shirt - or an Ahsoka padawan braid, or a picture from the show. I tend to agree with you that merchandise is better to show we are purchasing their stuff; figure makes more sense since t-shirt is more unwieldly for shipping.

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I was wondering about the Season 5 DVD/BD set; will it bear the Disney logo, the WB logo or both?

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If it is released it should be the WB logo since they are the ones that would have the rights to that season, not Disney.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    When I sent in my letters I stuck these wrist band things in the envelopes because they were easy to fit in. They cost about $1 a piece. It would probably be better to do some like action figures rather than t-shirts although I don't think it has to be anything that large. Even just a pack of stickers.

[​IMG][​IMG]

GunganSlayer and QuangoFett like this.
  25. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    That's actually a good and unique idea, Seerow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.