main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow agreed, the bands are a great way to get the message across easily. I may step it up to action figures just for kicks...

I still have a letter to send to Filoni... But I'm wondering after I run out of recipients, is it bad form to send a different letter to Iger and Kennedy? I sent to them before the cancellation so I would retool my message.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno. I sent additional letters for a friend from the same address so I hope not. I think if the letters get read its obvious we are different people.

3. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    They don't care. no one cares about petitions. I'll sign a petition to stop making petitions. The final petition. A petition to ban petitions.

Darth Sone and Coric like this.
  4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    If petitions don't matter, then your petition won't make a difference. :p

And if works and petitions finally stop, that means petitions can have an effect, and you stopped an effective means of the consumers/fans of doing... stuff.

5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm not so sure I especially disagree with those site owners that much. While it's important to get the stories concluded, that should really be considered the absolute bare minimum that Lucasfilm/Disney need to do to give closure to TCW.

If there are near-completed episodes lying around ("Season 6" is allegedly near-complete, implying the existence of anywhere between 22 and 44 unseen episodes) then it's not unreasonable to expect to see them released. Sure, there are untied plot threads like the fates of Rex, Fives, Maul and other self-contained characters, Talzin's plot and the matter of Order 66 all to be dealt with, but there are also potentially completed future story arcs that could enormously flesh out the setting and the characters. Under a strict distinction between "essential" and "non-essential" arcs, things like the hinted at Dooku arc (turning an under-developed villain into something far more compelling) would be excised. An arc focused on some civilian refugees caught between the two sides would allude to the scale of the conflict, fleshing the setting out enormously. Like the Young Jedi arc and other "embellishing" material, these are the sorts of arcs which could, in the final accounting, enhance TCW further.

So I agree that things need to be prioritised. However, making known the not-unreasonable expectation that much more than the bare minimum be released is not going to hurt. That the arcs intended to conclude the series are now set to be released is a given, which is why getting more of the "embellishing" material is worth fighting for. Some of this will be cut (hopefully on a quality basis, so that hypothetical Shadow Warrior-type episodes are aborted), but if this expectation is met even partially then a lot of it could survive.

Watto and Seerow like this.
  6. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I was aware of the contradicting paradox of fun house mirrors type angle. It's all connected to Ron Pearlman somehow. That guy is at the center of everything.

[​IMG]

07jonesj likes this.
  7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Okay, but why wouldn't it be released?

8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Season 3's cover was revealed April 18th, with the official press release in late June 2011. Season 4's was, to my knowledge, not revealed until the official press release in late June 2012. So we could see season 5's cover as early as next month, though we'll probably have to wait until June. Fingers crossed for a green cover with Ahsoka.

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Because Disney seems to be in the mood to cancel everything? :p

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Let's say there is something in the original contract between Lucasfilm and CN (Cartoon Network) regarding CN taking a percentage of profits from the sale of all blu-ray or DVD. Maybe Disney wants to take all the profits and screw CN out of any profits since they are corporate tyrants... hypothetically. ;) Disney could plan to release the Season 5 episodes re-edited as 4 episode mini-movies on separate DVD's, and label them with new titles, so as to call them something different from "Season 5". This could potentially get them away from distributing the original broadcast versions of the episodes which is what CN has the rights to. It could also be a lead-in to how they market the "Bonus content."

However, CN could probably have their lawyers argue that even though they are re-edited, they are still Season 5 episodes, and they should get a cut. So then it ends up in legal hell. Then maybe Disney would rather just bury that legal stuff and distance themselves from Clone Wars so they could move on with their Sequel Trilogy stuff. Granted, what do I know, i'm not a lawyer, but I am definitely pessimistic after the Clone Wars cancellation. I don't have any faith in Disney doing something with the fans in mind, and I won't take anything for granted, even a simple sale of a Blu-ray set.

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Disney should honour all existing contracts so if there is a contract in place for Warner (not CN) to distribute Season 5 boxset then Disney can't break it because then the matter would go to court and Disney would lose regardless of how they spin it. It looks like anything that has a contract, Disney are honoring until it ends. It will be interesting to see what happens when the contracts end for Del-Ray and Dark Horse and whether they are renewed or not. Warner has the distribution rights for all 5 seasons of TCW so in this case Disney would lose no matter how much they may argue.... At least that's how I understand it to be anyway.

12. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    There is obviously contracts, lawyers and money involved.

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I would be very surprised if Season 5 wouldn't appear on DVD/BD at all during this fall.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It's nice to see James Arnold Taylor so vocal and honest about how disappointed he is that the Clone Wars didn't get to go to the planned 8 seasons. No company line with him, its positive yet true emotions. Hearing him in Rebel Force Radio and now in this IGN article, he seems like a great way to get the word out for the "Save the Clone Wars" campaign.

Here's the IGN link, he talks generally about some Obi-wan/Anakin stuff we may not get to see:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...ntures?abthid=5147997af84361036000001b&page=2

15. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I thought the same thing. I love Ashley, but she seemed way too meek and reserved in her interviews compared to JAT. She seemed to just "go with the flow", I honestly think she should be more upset, but maybe that's just her personality. Maybe JAT has more projects going on so he's less fearful of his Disney overlords, but either way, he's interviews are solid truth. I agree with him 100%.

Also Dave Filoni returns to RebelForce Radio this week. I can't wait to hear his take on it. I'm sure it will be all political, but I'm sure Jimmy Mac will try and pressure him about TCW.

Watto likes this.
  16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Again unless I read it wrong, it seems that Disney is planning for more animated Star Wars, just on its channel and with its team.

I'm not seeing it as a bad thing.

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
  19. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I already sent 5! I hope they got to everyone... :(

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well you're on to things. I would send some but I think the postage cost will be quite expensive from New Zealand to America, so I might some e-mails.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Just keep sending, I sent some today and I am sending more tomorrow, the sheer volume will make them take notice if we keep it up!

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    The more you spam them, the more likely they will toss them in the trash. ;)

eht13 and V-2 like this.
  23. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    This might be an option for those folks that live outside of the U.S.:

http://11thirtyeight.com/savetheclonewars

24. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004
    Thanks! I've just signed that petition and included the following message:

"I know that in the entertainment world, money talks. But please wrap up Ashoka's story, and let us know what happens to her! Include it as a bonus in the season 5 DVD/Blu-Ray set.

My kid is heartbroken that we don't know her fate. Finally my son had a female role model to look up to, and to not give her story closure, especially on a show that was NOT struggling with viewer ship, is hard to explain."

25. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    For those who'd like to send letters, but can't afford it for similar reasons, you can send through here: http://11thirtyeight.com/savetheclonewars.
    All you have to do, is type and send the letter, they'll mail it to both Disney and LFL. I'm from Hungary, I sent my letter earlier today here as well.[/quote][/quote]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.