main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which piece of Star Wars music always gives you tingles down the spine?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Hermi_Odle, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Artoo Detoo

Artoo Detoo Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2013

The Flag Parade is one epic theme. Gives me chills every time. This is the kind of theme you'd want playing if you were leading an army into battle. So epic, so triumphant, definitely one of my favs.

minnishe likes this.
  2. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    The first booming notes of the Main theme...for me that's StarWars

3. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004

'The Battle Of Hoth' is one that always gets me, from the clip above go right from 4.00. Even better when it swells at 5.00, then it really kicks off and becomes dangerous and brilliant! Nothing beats playing that level on a computer game with that music making it feel totally unique! Dangerous brass, strings, loud bursts of percussion make this Hoth battle seem even more exciting and haunting than it is already.

'Victory Celebration' is a spine-tingling track which really builds up the joy, emotion, redemption and freidnship forged from the entire saga now the Empire has been defeated. It loses the usual Star Wars music traits of hard brass, swelling riffs and staccato bursts and goes for a peaceful, enjoyable and almost naturistic sound to represent the total peace we leave the galaxy behind with. Seeing the Jedi of long gone rappear at the end, and new family and friends united, it can bring a tear to your eye as you leave them behind with this rousing track.

'Battle Of The Heros' is the standout track for me over the prequels, and just about clinches it from 'Revenge Of The Sith' which has a handful of emotive, powerful and tragic cues. This one however, as people have said, speaks more words then Obi-Wan and Anakin have to - it sums up the tragedy, the desperation, the fear, the loss and the cataclysmic end to a friendship now ending in a battle to the death. It's a brillaint mix of brass, strings and choral music that doesn't let up and ends with those few bursts of drums and brass when the whole saga and galaxy will change forever. Powerful, chilling stuff.

minnishe and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  5. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    God...listening to that again bstnsx704, that HAS given me tingles. The first few seconds are so hauntingly sad when you know what conflicts they face and how it's going to end....it's so tragic!

It's like a musical version of them both fighting so hard against the galaxy that keeps them apart to maintain a love they feel so strong, but it's always going to come down to what they want most that divides them... I need to be careful here I don't tear up!

When it REALLY swells at 3.41, that's pretty epic and powerful stuff....good choice indeed.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and bstnsx704 like this.
  6. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Another one that always gets me. Its kind of simple compared to some of Star Wars' more elaborate tracks, but the emotion that it draws out of me is topped only by 'Across the Stars':

Another great (and very chilling peace) is the music that plays while Luke is confronting Vader in Return of the Jedi. I can't even describe the sound in words, but it leaves me in awe every single time.

Then, of course, there is 'Battle of the Heroes', which impacts me because, like the previous piece, it is the backdrop to one of the most emotional duels in the entire saga. Much more grand and elaborate than the previous two that I posted, but the emotion is certainly still there, especially when it is accompanied by is respective duel.

There are also fan favorite tracks like 'The Imperial March' and 'Duel of the Fates' that I can't get enough of.

Oh, and how could I forget...the Order 66 music from Revenge of the Sith!

I probably shouldn't have made this post...now I want to watch the Saga yet again! :p

JM_1977 and Darth Dnej like this.
  7. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    11.15-ish in the music video is one of my favourite scenes in ESB. Not just because of the Imperial March, but just the whole scene with Veers using the scope. Complete professionalism, even the hint of a swagger, which is pretty difficult to do when you're standing still in a cockpit

8. narkwolf

narkwolf Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2013
    The Imperial March always gets me.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  9. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    The "Rebel Fleet and Ending" from ESB.
    "Leia's news/ Light of the Force" is also pretty good.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  10. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Throne Room Duel from ROTJ. Absolutely.
    The Force Theme (all variations)

Much of the stuff that's been listed in this thread as well: Duel of the Fates/Death of Qui-Gon, Across the Stars, Battle of the Heroes, Han and Leia's Love Theme...

Darth Dnej and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  11. Marxist Mandalorian

Marxist Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2013

Maybe it's just the nostalgia factor, but these really give me the chills. I can almost feel the happy chemicals being released in my brain when I listen to the Shadows of the Empire OST.

12. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    1. Luke's theme when he is gazing out at the Binary Sunset in ANH. Strikes a chord with me everytime. :)

2. Yoda's theme. When he lifts the X-Wing Fighter out of the swamp on Dagobah, that is as good as SW gets! ^:)^

Darth Dnej and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  13. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    The Binary Sunset music is the Force/Obi-Wan's Theme(either way, it is awesome!)

Darth Dnej likes this.
  14. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    The scene where Anakin's mother dies in his arms and the resulting crescendos always give me the chills... Ditto with the following scene in the garage with Padme. Was disappointed that this part of the score wasn't included on the soundtrack. Shmi's funeral music was missing too! Sad...

15. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Duel of the Fates
    Across the Stars
    Battle of the Heroes
    Binary Sunset
    My Ally is the Force
    Luke vs. Vader (ESB)
    The Rebel Fleet
    The Emperor's Throne Room
    A Jedi's Fury
    Vader's Redemption

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  16. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I know this will seem like perhaps too simplistic an answer, but once the words "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" appear, and the intro-music hits...I'd have to include that as one of-if no the-favorite musical composition, because once that music hits...it's like James Bond, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, etc...you just know what you're in for. Or when it comes to Star Wars...you think you know what you're in for. That tune just sets the tone for me personally... [face_hypnotized]

Jabari likes this.
  17. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I LOVE the how the ROTJ concert suite! The buildup is EPIC! You know someting's coming and it keeps building and building and building until it goes mad at 3:25

Plus it worked amazingly towards the end of the AOTC trailer too!

18. Imperial-Guardsman

Imperial-Guardsman Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 27, 2010
    When Anakin finds his mother and she dies in his arms..... The music really captures that raw pure hated and angry. Really gives me chills because its easy to think I could very will do the same if someone did that to a love one. Its one of them moments in cinema that makes you think we are all capably of things that we would never imagine possible it just takes the right push.

19. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I... I just have something in my eye.

Jedi General Gelderd likes this.
  20. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I was looking for AGES for the AOTC Trailer that used the Sail Barge music and then I was convinced I must have imagined it. But clearly not.

21. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    "Binary Sunset" gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. Captures the mood of the scene brilliantly.

22. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Really there isnt anything that gets to me that hasnt been said already, but there is one for me. The theme played during the victory parade at the end of TPM is an amazing piece that can give you the fuzzies

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I really love all of it - every piece throughout the entire saga has something special, for many different reasons. But the one segment that I have a particularly deep bond with is "Rebel Fleet/End credits" for The Empire Strikes Back. ESB was the first Star Wars film I ever saw; I remember seeing that last scene with Luke and Leia and then fading into the credits and thinking, "That was amazing - again, please!!!!!" The piece really reminds me why I fell in love with Star Wars in the first place, and it includes almost all of my top favourite themes. I love the quirky version of Yoda's theme here, the awe-inspiring might of the Imperial March, and the epic, sweeping rendition of Han and Leia's theme (which wrenches at my heart; I wish that theme had a full version!).

24. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009

and

Every. Single. Time.

25. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    Tough question so I'll break it down by movies.

TPM: Duel of the Fates(w/dialogue), hands down
    AOTC: Confrontation with Count Dooku/Finale (the moment that it starts with a modified "Imperial March" as Palpatine and the Senators watch the Clone army board the cruisers)
    ROTS: Battle of the Heroes (Anakin and Obi-Wan duel). You get a sense of darkness and all hell breaking loose nicely tracked with the scene/environment.
    ANH: Attack on the Death Star particularly when Luke launches his Torps and blows up the DS
    TESB: Yoda's Theme- Beautiful, elegant
    ROTJ: Luke and Vader's duel right after Vader finds out about Leia and he goes after Vader with force and fury and severing Vader's hand.