main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009 & Beyond] An Abiding Treasure. New Post: June 17!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 22, 2012.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    More tender and special moments for Nyora and Spock to treasure.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That describes Spock and infant stars should be interesting too for both of them;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was beautiful! [face_love]

My biggest regret with the star-drabble was that it was too confined in the hundred word format - but here it is, all lovely and fleshed out! I loved their reminiscing, and the 'logic of destiny' - very, very beautiful. [face_love] And then, I loved Audrey's further comments on the 'color-sense'! It was wonderful to see her and Kirk's relationship doing so well, as well. [face_love]

Well done, as always. =D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Mmm, very sweet :D (Among other things :p )

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Touch and Sense drabble prompts will feature.

Note: Jerry Egan is a walk-on extra for this post only.

~~~~

Among Other things

Lieutenant Egan was excellent at tweaking hardware. So it was only natural that he help to tweak the translation hardware as Nyota worked on the software. This was a very bizarre language offshoot they were dealing with: seeming to involve tonal nuances and clicks as much as spoken words, so the semantics and the actual vocabulary had to be worked out.

This world had protected areas comprised mostly of rain forests and coral reefs, whose natural resources were harvested carefully and turned into medicines. There had been recent encroachments - not to the point of endangerment, but they wanted to put safeguards in place so that the ecosystems and biosphers remained in harmony and balance in a mutually beneficial fashion.

Nyota laughed as they worked together. "So you are that much of a geek, are you? Traced your ancestry all the way back to the first British colony in North America. Would that be the lost one?"

"Roanoke?" Jerry laughed in turn. "No, Jamestown."

Nyota chuckled. "My sister and I had quite the chortle over all the convolutions about Captain Smith and Pokahantas, when we learned the history in our world civilization courses."

"History mixed with legend mixed with outright fabrication."

"Yes." She agreed and returned back to her task.

/A common pitfall of Human historians, among other societies given to writing with an emotional slant./ Spock sent to her in a silent exchange.

Nyota frowned and shot him a cool look and answered: /Oh, and I suppose Vulcans never rewrote history to serve their own ends? Especially when it came to other worlds/societies?/

/The peer committees for published, scholarly articles or books along those lines were more rigorous./

Than ours would be? She wondered and smirked. Touche.

/And unbiased?/ She rejoined.

/One would hope, but there is the likelihood that, perhaps, they were not always completely as untainted as one would expect or prefer./ He responded after a considering pause.

She snorted and thought back teasingly: /Hmmm. As close an admission as I'm likely to get./

His silent amusement stirred her own.

/Sometimes, I still can't tell when you're teasing! You have such a sabacc face./ She sent to him, with a warm gleam to her eyes.

/Poker, don't you mean, Nyota?/

She had to fight very hard not to laugh out loud at that one.

She tested the device's ins and outs with Mr. Egan. It seemed to perform admirably.

She was one of the party who went to participate in the talks.

It took a few days to iron out all the details, but finally things were settled so that all parties were satisfied with the agreement.

Spock's sense of Nyota grew with her nearer proximity as soon as she transported back aboard. He had sensed her all along, but now with a job well done, her focus was all on being together again.

He wrapped her in a fierce hug as soon as she stepped into their quarters. "My love."

Nyota returned the embrace.

His hands basked in the touch of her, lingering and caressing her shoulders and down her back, then settling at her waist, holding on firmly.

She smiled tenderly. "Hello. I've missed this, and you!!"

"Have you?" He murmured, love and playfulness flowing to her across their bond.

"I just said so." She answered with a mock scowl. "I'm not in the habit of saying things I don't mean."

He squeezed her, nibbling her pulse point.

She sighed happily.

Her teasing tone was balanced by the fire in her eyes of something that had been held in abeyance because of their physical separation but now didn't have to be.

"Do you know how unspeakably dull my life would be without you ...?" She asked with a low, joyous laugh.

"To tease mercilessly." He answered, raising a brow at her.

She laughed again. "Among other things. Oh, you are just irresistibly delicious!"

She trailed off, fastening her lips on his voraciously.

/I love you... so!/
    His adoring, tender reply came:
    /And I, you./

++++++

:adore: :dancing:

earlybird-obi-wan Hazel [:D]

RX_Sith :D

Mira_Jade [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Scrumptiously delicious in every way. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh sweet reunion [face_love]

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this was very sweet. [face_love]

Poker, don't you mean, Nyota?/
    The banter had me chuckling. Very well done. :D =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    "Among other things. Oh, you are just edible!"
    delicious and edible:*the whole piece is

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sisterly Joy

He looks at her with such tenderness. Not like Dajan looks at me, there's a difference naturally born of culture and heritage. But I know the look: the you fill up my senses and give my heart its song kind of look. :) Oh, I am so ecstatic for her.

He and I were on the terrace. Nyota was entertaining the kids with the story of Knight Elmont and the Giant Slayer. Elmont's lady, Elleree, was her favorite character in the tale.

"She is very good with kids." I observed, smiling.

"She is unsurpassable in many ways." Was his quiet reply. "In the vernacular, she is an anchor and fortress ... a home when I had believed mine was lost."

My eyes filled with happy tears. "Oh, that is just lovely." I breathed.

He favored me with an appraising glance. "You are like her in many ways."

I beamed. "Now that is the nicest thing you could say to me."

++++++

Woot, Elleree is serendipityaey's OC and let me tell you Elleree is fantab. =D=

earlybird-obi-wan
    Hazel
    RX_Sith
    Mira_Jade

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful moment with family. :) @};-

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    An anchor and a fortress just like what Nyota is and always will be to Spock. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Anchor and a fortress! The best way to put it. [face_love]

I loved Kashore's POV here, and the warm family feelings it brought. [face_love]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Uhura is all for Spock. A lovely warm and thoughtful piece

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! [face_mischief] :D

Mira_Jade RX_Sith Hazel earlybird-obi-wan

_____

LOL Spin off of "Future" in East of the Sun.

~~~~~!!!

Hope and Promise for the Future

"Her name means 'For the Future': T'Rahkel." Spock told me, turning the viewscreen so I could see the first newborn on the recently established Vulcan colony.

I grinned. What a beautiful, hope-filled name choice! I thought. And she was definitely lovely...

I mentioned this indisputable fact, wanting very much to reach through the screen and cuddle the cutie-pie.

"It is fortunate that she is in all likelihood to develop adequately, with vascular and respiratory readouts at norm." Was my dear one's clinical, unemotional assessment.

I raised an eyebrow at him and smiled even more. There was a laugh in my voice and eyes. "Translation: She's beautiful."

He gave no overt answer, but I knew he could feel the soft tenderness and warmth across our bond and see it in my eyes.

"Just you wait until we have our own," I warned, half-teasing. "Then you'll be as ridiculously sentimental as any other new Poppa, in a very 'rational' way of course."

"Yes?" Was his noncomittal reply.

Suddenly, I leapt up from my seat and snapped off the screen decisively.
    "Or, might I just as well be talking to the wall?" I favored him with a fierce glare, hands on hips.

"Nyota ..."

"No, you had your chance." I continued, squelching my end of the bond, and projecting icicles. "You'll be lucky if I even want any younglings after seeing this reaction!"

He moved swiftly and grabbed hold of my hands to draw me close.

I bit my lip to keep from laughing.

"Nyota ..." Spock repeated.

"Oh, you ..." I broke off, at a loss for the proper adjective.

"I exasperate you, I know." He avowed, holding my gaze.

I couldn't help it. I chuckled.
    Our bond was open and full of amusement and adoration.

"Sometimes you do, but now you are amusing me to no end. It would take more than you rattling off a clinical dossier to dissuade me ... just the idea of sharing such a momentous, marvelous experience with you ... Oh, I love you!!!"

Spock's eyes widened, and he crushed me, receiving my mental images of me blowing on a youngling's tummy and getting wrapped up in the contagious baby giggles.

"I cherish you beyond all else, my own Nyota." He breathed, kissing along my neck and thence up to my lips.

I shivered in pleasure.

"Oh, my sweet darling!"
    I melted into him, returning his tenderly warm kisses.
    He drew me to our bed, and we said no more after that.

I couldn't have, at anyrate: I was blissified into incoherence.

+++++

[face_laugh]

[face_love] !!!

[face_dancing]

RX_Sith likes this.
  16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Lovely interaction with Nyota and Spock lamenting the joys of a new-born and the effects that will have for the future of both the New Vulcan Colony and Nyota and Spock.

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    great way to show such a sweet moment. @};-

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! For the love of squee, but I had such a grin plastered to my face while reading that. Her 'ire' was perfect and just spot on. I did a double take like Spock for a moment before desolving into laughter. [face_laugh]

What a beautiful, beautiful way to wrap up that scene. [face_love]=D=

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A very sweet scene with Spock behaving as he does always. ;) The logical Vulcan[face_laugh]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Which can bring out Ny's frustration and/or amusement, but always, always dude is a walking turn on [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ^:)^

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: An epilogue to Consummately Perfect. :D

-wYdvGgfP3E[/media] Justin Timberlake Mirror fits J/A, as well as L/M.

This song is gorgeous.

Mira_Jade

Hazel

earlybird-obi-wan

RX_Sith

~~~~!!!

"You look beautiful tonight." Jim commented, looking at Audrey with appreciative eyes.

"Don't sound so surprised." Audrey laughed.

"Not surprised ... just struck all over again how lovely you are. And how close I came to losing you." Jim answered candidly.

They moved into a slow dance.

"I promise not to stop appreciating that fact." He continued, holding her closer.

She smiled. "As long as we both never forget how important we are to one another, how worth everything our relationship is ... I think we'll more than make it."

Jim hummed along with the song. Very nicely on key, thankfully. [face_laugh]

"You are my mirror, 'Rey."

Audrey melted, unabashedly, totally.

Audrey was a wonderful friend and sounding board.

She was more than a teasing buddy after a crisis to let off steam with, more than someone beautiful to flirt with.

He had friends he could do the former with, ladies aplenty he'd done the latter with in the past. In the end, he just felt unattached and at loose ends afterwards, not sure in the wake of a crisis what should have been done or not; and totally at a loss during times of soul searching ... Friends could only help so much in that department. A soulmate would always do more, just by virtue of being an essential part of the equation of any present and future that would come.

"I came for you, just to be with you." She sent as a message after a long, harrowing mission with one too many close calls. "It drives me absolutely insane thinking of the risks you take."

"One day it won't end so well." He had observed, "I don't want to put you through that, Audrey."

Maybe that's why he'd unconsciously kept it light before now, even though it was serious enough between them, more than it had ever been with anyone else. Maybe that was why he'd worked to unintentionally drive a wedge between them with that last almost-fatal fling.

Thankfully, she wouldn't be driven away.

"I'm here because I want to be." She had answered firmly, without hesitation. "I'm going to make sure it always ends well, for both our sakes, as much as lies in my ability. I've got your back"

She had his heart as well, and more than a pocketful of soul.

:)

+++++++
    :D

RX_Sith likes this.
  22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was lovely! I loved the glimpse here into Jim's psyche - keeping her at arm's length because of the all too real possibility of that final parting. I loved her 'got your back' line. Because its true - in more ways than one. And that's why their relationship is worth the risk. [face_love]

And that last line was just melt worthy. Very, very beautifully said! =D=

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, sometimes you feel safer keeping others away, but then possibly you're depriving yourself of something beautiful. I know the feeling well.

Wonderful piece, Jade! :) @};-

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice piece and love to see a really great love between Kirk and Aubrey.
    That was something that was definitely lacking in the original series where Kirk was a ladies man and got many girls but not one real

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.
  25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, unfortunately, I don't see the powers that be giving Kirk a serious romantic partner; hopefully that will change for the third movie, but he definitely doesn't have one for "Into Darkness" and that is because they mainly want to portray his bromantic qualities more than the romantic ones.

Anyway, really love the connection that Kirk has to Audrey; so hoping that the Trek team gives him something soon in the movies. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.