main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Drabbles and Such

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tarsier, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Summary: This is a thread for assorted (non-challenge) drabbles and slightly longer pieces that don't warrant their own thread.
    Characters: Various, including Luke, Mara, Callista, Dankin, and Odonnl. Crossovers with Stargate: Atlantis.
    Timeframe: New Republic era
    Genre: fluff; silliness; humor, if I can manage it

Index
    Incompatible (below) Luke, Mara​
    Slayer Mara​
    Light! Dankin​
    Strawberry Blonde crossover with Stargate: Atlantis
    A Name for the Galaxy crossover with Stargate: Atlantis

Title: Incompatible (drabble)
    Characters: Luke, Mara, mention of Callista

“It would never have worked between me and Callista. We lacked a very basic compatibility. The first night we were in my apartment, after dinner—”

“Are you sure I need to be hearing this?”

“Yes, you deserve to know exactly what happened between us.” Luke took a deep breath. “So we were sitting next to each other, on the couch. I lean in to kiss her—”

“Luke—”

“And notice her mug was nearly full! Can you believe it, Mara? She didn’t like hot chocolate!”

Mara brought her steaming mug to her lips. “She’s an even bigger fool than I thought.”

2. Kat-Arva

Kat-Arva Jedi Padawan

Apr 7, 2013
    Oh, my... It made me laugh! And laugh VERY loud [face_laugh] [face_rofl]
    *like it and want more*

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    what a horrible person she is!!! I am not surprised than, that she was unhappy having hot yameee farmboy for herself. She is kinda twisted person.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    As a nut for all things chocolate, I agree with the above. Wonderfully fun start.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ha! Luke isnt bothered by the bodysnatching, but she doesnt drink hot chocolate!?! Deal breaker! Very nice story!

6. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Yay, I'm glad I could make someone laugh! :D More to come. Thanks for commenting!

Thanks for reading! :)

I've had this as head canon for a long time, and I'm not quite sure where it comes from - it's not that Callista doesn't like chocolate, she just prefers it cold (like chocolate ice cream). Thank you for your comments! :)

I'm glad you like it, thanks for reading! :)

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I never thought I'd agree with Callie on anything, but here we are. I don't like hot chocolate either. (Course, I guess we both like Luke... dang it, I have more in common with the woman than I was counting on! ;) ) Very cute!!

Tarsier, Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    ginchy Thanks!

Title: Slayer
    Character: Mara
    Author Note: I originally wrote this for UDC V, but it wasn’t agreeable to being divided into 100-word chunks.

Mara’s opponents had arrayed themselves in an utterly predictable manner. They were attempting to hide, but their nervous breathing was so loud she could have shot them blindfolded.

Three shots. Three groans as her targets fell.

The next two were at least a bit bolder, getting a couple shots off before joining their comrades. They hadn’t quite hit the deck when Mara sensed someone behind her. She gave a faint smirk—the last would at least put up a fight.

She spun around, knocking the blaster from his hand before he could get a shot off. He fell back, grabbing her as he did so and pulling her with him. As they tumbled to the ground, he tried to wrestle the blaster from her grip. He was not able to, and she soon had him pinned to the ground, her legs straddling him, her blaster to his chest.

He squeezed his eyes shut. “Please don’t.”

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“Because this is my favorite shirt.”

“Seriously, Mara,” one of the fallen men behind her added. “Do you have to use magenta dye?” He propped himself on one elbow and gestured in disgust at the bright pink stain on his shirt.

“Well, if I used a color you like, it wouldn’t be much motivation, would it?” Mara replied, getting to her feet. “If I can’t put the fear of death in you, at least I can put the fear of ruined clothes.”

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Mara doing paintball. Lol! Love it!

Tarsier likes this.
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] Love both of these!
    I like how they starts so serious and end up funny. We all need a good laugh sometimes and both of these were perfect for that! Thanks!! :D

(There are people who don't like hot chocolate?? Crazy people! :p )

=D=

Tarsier likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I don't like chocolate (food allergy) and paintball[face_laugh] I have done that with the pink coloured stuff. But that ruined only the suit you had to wear[face_laugh]
    great drabbles

Tarsier likes this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    For a long time I didn't like chocolate. I believe I had some of the super bad stuff and it made me sick since I used to down M&Ms like Cookie Monster downs cookies. But I liked hot chocolate. But you can all rest assured that like chocolate again.

Never gone paint balling but I did go rappelling once. A friend of mine nearly broke her legs because she said she knew what she was doing and didn't want someone to hold her brake rope. She slipped and barely grabbed on the edge in time.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

Tarsier likes this.
  14. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001

[face_laugh] Not sure who it's meant to be, but somehow I'm picturing Lando. Oh the tragedy of ruined shirts! Liked that Luke's dealbreaker is a lack of love -- for hot chocolate.

Tarsier likes this.
  15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_rofl] That Mara. As long as she's fighting, she's not covered in paint!

Tarsier and Jade_eyes like this.
  16. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Thanks so much for the comments, everyone!

It could be Lando, though I personally have trouble picturing Lando in a fight, even a play-fight.:p In my mind it's Aves. :)

Title: Light! (drabble)
    Character: Dankin
    Author Note: This was inspired by UDCVI, prompt #1.

Dankin looked skyward with his eyes closed, allowing the sunlight to play patterns across the inside of his eyelids.

He smiled, savoring the sunlight. When he was still a child, Dankin had been told never to look directly at the sun because it was too bright. His young mind had struggled to comprehend the concept of “too bright”—for so many years his world had been painted only in shades of dark and dim.

Now, Dankin took bright light for granted. But every once in a while, he would remind himself that his life had not always been this way.

Kahara and Jade_eyes like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice use of the prompt =D=

Tarsier likes this.
  18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Very nice drabble, great way to use the prompt!

Tarsier likes this.
  19. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    I especially liked the last two lines.

Tarsier likes this.
  20. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Thank you to everyone who read and commented on the last drabble. :)

Title: Strawberry Blonde (drabbles)
    Character: Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex, Tey’la Emmagan; mention Mara, Luke, John Sheppard
    Author Note: Crossover with Stargate: Atlantis.

“ ‘Strawberry blonde?’ That’s not a color. Her hair is clearly red. Not blonde.”

“Strawberry blonde is to a color. If anything her hair is reddish-gold. Gold being blonde, of course,” Rodney McKay explained. Arms crossed, Ronon stared impassively down at Rodney.

“Dare I ask why you two are so concerned about the color of that woman’s hair?” Tey’la queried.

“We have a deal,” Rodney replied, “Which apparently Ronon does not want to honor. I get dibs on the blondes.”

Tey’la looked studiously from Rodney to Ronon before raising one eyebrow. “Perhaps her husband would have some insight into the question.”

“She’s married? Well, isn’t that just perfect? Finally meet a girl who’s not instantly taken with Sheppard and of course she’s married. It’s to that weird little monk, isn’t it? The crazy monk, who thinks he controls force—force is a concept used to describe the way objects accelerate based on outside influences, it’s not something that can be controlled. It’s not even a thing, really. He saying he controls ‘force’ is like me saying I control the ‘redness of September.’ Complete and utter nonsense… Hey, where are you guys going? Wait up; you can’t just leave me here alone…!”

Lady_Misty likes this.
  21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Tee hee hee!
    I've never watched SG:A but I've read enough crossover fic that I feel like I know the characters a little bit. I loved them arguing over her hair color! Wonder what Mara would think about it all? [face_batting]

22. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Also not familiar with Stargate: Atlantis, but this reminds me of why physics class in high school was sometimes unintentionally amusing. Because it really doesn't make sense... [face_laugh]

I think Mara might have something to say about the whole blonde/redhead argument. ;) They had better hope she didn't hear.

23. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    You should watch the show if you ever get the chance. I actually think it's better than the original SG-1, or at least I like the characters even better. Incidentally, I haven't seen much Atlantis fanfic, I guess I must not be looking hard enough.

I don't think Mara would be too amused.... Thanks for commenting!

I don't claim to know any physics, so I'm probably the one spouting nonsense, but I was just enjoying writing a Rodney rant. :)

Yeah, I don't even know what Mara would say, but they better hope she was out of earshot! Thanks for your comments!

24. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Title: A Name for the Galaxy (drabbles)
    Characters: John Sheppard, Rodney McKay, Callista
    Author Note: Another crossover with Stargate: Atlantis.

“We came from Pegasus, but we’re originally from the Milky Way—” Rodney stopped, turning to Sheppard. “Why do you have that stupid grin on your face?”

“It’s just always strange to meet people who don’t think of candy bars when you say ‘Milky Way.’ ”

“Yes, thank you corporate America for taking a legitimate scientific reference and watering it down to sell chocolate. You do know the name of the galaxy came first, right?”

“All I know is I could go for some chocolate right about now.”

“Dangit, Sheppard, you made me lose my train of thought. And now I’m hungry.”

“Here,” Callista said, presenting each visitor with a small bar wrapped in foil. “We call them choclime twists.”

“Advanced weapons, hyperdrives, and chocolate? This is a society I could get used to,” Sheppard said, accepting the treat. Unwrapping it, one half of the twist looked like regular chocolate. The other half was an electric green not often associated with edibles. Shrugging, he took a bite.

“I can’t believe you don’t have a name for your galaxy,” Sheppard said around a mouthful of candy bar. “But if I may make a suggestion, I think you should call it the Choclime Twist.”

25. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Title: Somebody That I Used to Know (drabble)
    Characters: Luke, Callista

As they reached the end of the boardwalk, Luke hesitated, reluctant to step onto the sandy beach.

“You coming?”

“Yeah,” Luke replied with a sigh. “It’s just … I’m not that fond of sand.”

Callista laughed, then replied, “ ‘It’s course, rough, and irritating. And it gets everywhere!’ ”

Luke looked at her with surprise. “Exactly. How did you know precisely what I was thinking?”

“I’ve … heard it before.”

“From who?”

“Just somebody that I used to know.”

Luke stepped onto the beach. Whoever it was, Luke was glad to know he was not alone in his opinion of the irritatingness of sand.