main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the Jedi Council Forums a place for fans and praise only?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by CT-867-5309, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    REMINDER: To quote a decent philosophy above: It's not about WHAT you post... but HOW you post about it...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    nm because Myke already covered it. :)

3. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    See the above. It's not what you post, it's how you post.

Make cogent, reasoned arguments and we can have a discussion like adults.

Pop into a thread and post "Ahsoka suXz! If you don't agree with me you're a butt-hurt fanboy!", and don't be surprised when people are not favourably inclined towards you.
    --------------------------

this sounds like you are talking to Anakinfan directly:

in fact your whole post does,

She doesn't post "Ahsoka sux, anyone who disagrees with me is hurt fan boy"

granted I don't follow her around and read her every post, but from what threads I do read in which she has posted Anakinfan is NOT the type of poster you describe,

she backs her opinion up with a point.

Anyhoooo if you're talking about users in general who says "Ahsoka sux" what is it to you if they so think it? she's a fictional character who can't read the boards, you don't need to retaliate by coming to her defense, she isn't going to thank you or put you on her watch users list.

If people want to say a character sucks then let them, if they don't back up their argument with an intelligent reason and it bugs you, ignore them,

4. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    You are correct.

If you want, I'll go back and quote you specific examples of where she's done just that.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

Dude, your hatred of me, while amusing as hell, is consuming a little too much of your energy, is it not?

This thread isn't about me. Never has been.

6. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    If you want, I'll go back and quote you specific examples of where she's done just that.
    ------------

no you're alright thanks, just saying in my own experiance she's fair in her views and puts forth reasons.

if someone doesn't like a fictional character isn't that their business?

you say that it isn't the fact they dislike a character it's the way they say it,

so to you as a fan, what would be a good example to say you don't like Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, Cad Bane, etc?

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the only person I've ever called a "fanboy" has been ImNotAStarWarsFanboy , as he is the only one worthy of the high honor of being called "Fanboy".

TheMadHatter , good luck. I've tried asking in at least a couple of threads how one is supposed to say he or she dislikes a character without saying that he or she dislikes a character; a couple of others have asked as well. Hopefully you can get an answer.

Coric and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  8. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    The thing is, you can be a responsible poster (I even agreed with you on a point recently)...but then you turn right around and pop off with condescending crap like:

If you have a lot of people telling you to look to your posting style, maybe you should, rather than come back with more snarks and more "Who? Me?" fake innocence.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I made you a hot meal. It's ready. ;)

Coric and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Alright, cheers! x

Coric and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    There's nothing wrong with saying you dislike one of the characters. The problem lies in how you go about saying it in relation to the thread you're posting in.

If I were to, say, post in a thread about award nominations saying that I don't think they deserved the awards because I don't like X character or aspect of the production, I'm immediately opening myself up to a discussion about my opinions. This can be fine in the right context, as long as the discussion falls under the original topic. But once you get down into personal attacks and the "us vs. them" debate, your posts are off topic and are almost certainly derailing the thread. At the moderator's discretion, they may choose to post an in-thread warning (as demonstrated in this very thread), lock the thread because it's too far off topic or headed downhill, edit offending posts (once again, as demonstrated in this very thread), and/or deal with individual users via private conversation or a ban. If you think there's a problem with the way something is being handled or not handled, PM a forum mod. If that fails, take it to an admin.

Take this thread, for example. Despite in-thread warnings for users to stop bickering amongst each other and address the issues, some of you seem determined to fire off one last pot shot at your opponents. So at my discretion, this thread is now locked. Thanks for playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.