main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What role will Han Solo play in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWars2015, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd say Han's role will be a decent sized one. He might not be one of the starring role's but I think it'll at least be a decent role. I could also see him biting the bullet, but maybe not until VIII or IX.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    * Thread merge *

3. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

See, that's where we differ. Han let Lando borrow the Falcon in RotJ. I think that, with Han being a famous General, etc, I would think that he'd actually let a kid of his, chaperoned by Chewie ("but don't look like you're chaperoning her, Chewie") fly around and generally adventure. After all this would be a child and grandchild of Leia, Han, Padme and Anakin. And unless she (presumably it would be a she) was like Padme, but on Valium, would be at least somewhat rebellious and adventurous. Definitely would want to get out of parents Death Star-sized shadow.

Which is basically what's wrong with the Solo kids for most of the EU. Little to no personality.

VanishingReality likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Jaina, I love her piloting. Jacen and Anakin are OK, nothing spectacular.

5. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Han is a great leader, but the rules and protocol of the military don't seem to fit his character.
    Maybe a spy or some kind of intelligence agent that would allow him to play a scoundrel would be a better fit.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    In an alternate universe where he had not been forced to work "underground" so much so to speak, I can sort of see him in the military.

But in the ST, no, not so much. Too old for one thing.

Spy or intelligence agent would be perfect for him though.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I, personally, would like to see Han working as a flight instructor for the New Republic. It makes sense; he is the best pilot in the galaxy besides Luke and it only makes sense that he'd pass on his skills to others.

8. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

But if he's high enough ranking then he really doesn't have to worry about that.

9. Darth Archimage

May 28, 2013
    -Just as long as it doesn't get him court-martialed :)

Col. Solo: Son, we live in a galaxy that has planets, and those planets have to be guarded by men with blasters and lightsabers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nien Nunb? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Jar Jar and you curse the Rogue Squadron. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Jar Jar's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. ...

10. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

I don't think anyone will ever refer to Jar Jar's death as tragic.

11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    He will probably be part of the Alliance/Republic military but he's still gonna have that space pirate attitude.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Is the Colonel's underwear a matter of national security?

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What? He's way too famous for that.

14. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    It would actually be interesting if he's a by-the-book no-nonsense Admiral, quite the character arc.

15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I was thinking the same thing. Unless Han was specifically placed into a position where his fame somehow worked to his advantage, I just can't see it. I don't think there's any way he could be reasonably expected to just "blend in" the way most agents in the espionage game are required to.

Darth Chiznuk and Darth_Pevra like this.
  16. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    One thing is for sure, it will be Amazing to see Harrison Ford repise this role, This is the single most thing I am so pumped up to see in Episode 7. I hope they nail his 1st apperance on screen just like they did in A NEW HOPE !!!

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Sounds like 50% of Harrison Fords roles. I dunno, I would prefer something different.

18. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    Hey, This thread did not get locked........................WoW !!

19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Him being in the military would not really have to conflict with his anti-authority attitude. There's quite a lot of maverick military leaders who, while not on the top of the command chain, did mostly play by their own rules. Rommel, being the first that comes to mind.
    If he didn't like the orders the High Command was giving him, he'd turn off his radio, blitzkrieg around on his own and later blame an equipment malfunction.

Seeing Han be a General or Admiral could be interesting, having his own fleet. Someone mentioned Intelligence - yeah, he's way too famous to be an Operative but he can easily be someone who runs the show.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope they don't do that. He'd no longer be Han if they did. :(

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    I dont see Harrison Ford even agreeing to come back if they do him like they did in ROTJ...................Lucas made ever attempt to Destroy him in Jedi and failed

1.) Making him the butt of jokes thoughout the movie.........
    2.) Having him give up the Falcon to go to the Moon and fight on the ground....??? Han would have never gave up the Falcon not to Lando, not to anyone. !!!
    3.) Having him step on a stick and get smacked by a stormtrooper..........give me a break, I guess the effects of the Cabronite did not wear off.

In 1983 Harrison Ford had just become a legendary Movie Star with Indiana Jones, BladeRunner and Han Solo,

In 2015 Harrison Ford is one of the biggest Actors Alive Today............I think they would be wise to listen to him and allow him to decide what he is wants out of Han Solo !!!

22. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    StarWars2015, I wish there were words to express my contempt for you.

Seriously, you make JoeyArnold look like a Nobel laureate.

Bob Octa likes this.
  23. Darth Archimage

May 28, 2013

Very good point!
    I'm a bit embarrassed now for suggesting it -- not much chance someone wouldn't recognize him
    I suppose the only way this would work is if he could persuade the other side he was working for them (as a spy).

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    This is a very interesting question and not one that has a logical answer that comes to mind. I am going to look at the real world for inspiration of a rogue/petty criminal who became something more than that. I was thinking of a freedom fighter, but that wasnt really who he was Han became loyal to friends, would he have intervened if he had not become a bit grounded? I doubt it.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Droma initially had no idea who Han was in the Agents of Chaos duology.

Spy might not be the best job for him but I could sort of see "double agent".