main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Bit of news: sent a Hondo Ohnaka story off today. It's ticketed for the Insider, assuming the good folks at Del Rey, LFL and the magazine like it. Hope so!

Heading for Orlando in the morning. If you're at Star Wars Weekends, come on by! Among other things, Disney should have the first-ever copies of The Clone Wars Episode Guide. Here's my sked:

Friday, May 24: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Darth’s Mall
    Saturday, May 25: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Writer’s Stop
    Sunday, May 26: 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., at Darth’s Mall

RC-1991, Robimus, Cronal and 5 others like this.
  2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Really dislike Hondo (mostly because I hate the first episode he shows up in), but I'll read it anyway. Major cred points if you can get me to like him.

3. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Sounds good, looking forward to getting the chance to read it!

4. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Hondo story. I am getting this ASAP.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll be waiting for this as well. Hondo kinda grew on me as CW progressed.

6. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Hondo!!!! I actually must confess that I didn't really like him in his first showing... but he grew on me... the old scoundrel.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I actually liked Hondo up until the last few episodes in which he appeared, where I thought they made him "too nice" -- he's a criminal, not a good guy :p

8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I'll try to stop by and pay homage!

jasonfry likes this.
  9. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Howdy folks. So Clone Wars Episode Guide is out -- buy it from this link and you'll also be supporting the Jason Fry Beer and Mortgage Fund, a cause near and dear to my heart. I'm doing a TweetChat today at 3pm ET if you wanna kick around Qs etc. about the book -- follow #DKChat to join in. (My Twitter's down there in my sig.) Or ask me something here, of course, though I'm running around like a maniac today and probably won't get back here until long after the chat. Thanks for reading and for your support!

Cronal, LelalMekha and Gorefiend like this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I picked it up this morning in my local Waterstones bookstore. Looks good! Just a note for other folks - Waterstones put it in the childrern's section under Film and TV, not in the adult SW book section.

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I'm interested in buying this... How 'adult' is it? Or should I not be worried about that? As a big fan of TCW, its something I'm sure I'd enjoy having but I sort of feel silly if I'm buying something that is perceived as a childs book...

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd say it's pitched at older kids/young adult rather than young kids. It's mostly pictorial (episode scenes/major characters or vehicles) with a short text synopsis of the episode..Each episode gets a double page spread and they are arranged in Clone Wars chronological order rather than series order. So it's a nice-to-have for the timeline.

13. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Ah ok, thanks. Might be worth having... will take a look on Wednesday when I hope to visit Waterstones...

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I must admit I'm enjoying the CW Episode Guide. I've seen quite a few tidbits that I didn't already know. I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. Due to the length of time between US and UK showings for the last two series I'd been avoiding the TV forum due to spoilers so quite a bit of the 'behind the scenes' stuff is new.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Note that he didn't say "Mortgage and Beer Fund". Man's got his priorities straight.

jasonfry, Cronal and Mia Mesharad like this.
  16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I've ordered mine, waiting for it to be dispatched and delivered now. I couldn't find it in Waterstones so decided to buy online instead! Good to hear that its enjoyable for you... I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this book! :)

17. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    You're obviously new at this. :p

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Is it that obvious? :p

19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    RE: CW episode guide, any tidbit or retcons regarding sudden appearance of a Mon Cal monarchy? The Mon Cal's have been a democracy in the EU for ages, with the Calamarian Council being mentioned in various sources.

jasonfry

Any thoughts/insights on this?

--Adm. Nick

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Well they actually have a council voting on electing a figurehead king so constitutional monarchy with lots of democracy? [​IMG]

Cronal likes this.
  21. Jayk Szarii

Jayk Szarii Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    Just gotta say, Essential Guide to Warfare was one of the coolest books I've read in ages. Loved the art, loved the stories, ADORED the history 'cuz I'm a huge history buff. These kinds of books really take the EU to a whole 'nother level, so thank you Mr. Fry. :D

jasonfry likes this.
  22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Just wondering, are we ever going to see the cut content of the meeting between Moff Panaka and Leia Organa on Hosk Station in 5 ABY that was apparently meant to be in Essential Guide to Warfare? I wouldn't mind knowing what does happen to Panaka after all. So spoil me please, I love spoilers.

23. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I'm more keen on the Celestial-Rakata stuff personally but yeah I do hope the cut content finds a home somewhere.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  24. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I was looking forward to the profiles on Marvel characters like Wermis and Bey, and other characters like Mar Tuuk and Xamuel Lennox. Although, to be fair, I don't think there's a single piece of content cut from Warfare, including the stuff that's never even been mentioned anywhere so I don't even know what I'm missing out on, that I wouldn't give all the money to see.

Can we start a Kickstarter campaign to bribe Jason Fry into releasing the entire manuscript? [face_whistling]

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hell, I'm in for at least $200. :D

--Adm. Nick