main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Worst Possible Shippings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by darth fluffy, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    And people have wondered just how Jabba had Rotta?

Well, when in doubt, gastropods can mate with themselves, so...

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The Clone Wars novel by you know who said that Rotta was Jabba's through and through. But then I don't value her opinion too much.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    So when you yell, "Go screw yourself!" They can say, "Okay, I'll be back in 15 minutes."

Ewok Poet, darth fluffy and TrakNar like this.
  4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Only 15? That's not even time for an after enjoyment smoke. :p

TrakNar likes this.
  5. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    It would probably take a Hutt at least that long just to find their sex organs.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How about Quirrell?

7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I saw a Luke/Leia where Leia's children were Luke's and then Jaina and Jacen 'comforted' each other after they learned on accident that Han wasn't there father and that they were a failed attempt to create a vergence.

The only amusing thing about the fic is that Luke foresaw trouble. Luke decided that they would need someone as powerful as their father to combat it. Luke said that their father's power had been split between them. The only way I see that is if Luke and Leia had been identical twins.

VanishingReality likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I have actually read a good Luke/Leia fanfic. The relationship started before the Battle of Yavin or shortly after. They didn't know they were siblings. When they did find out they divorced, but Luke and Leia had a kid already. Leia was totally creeped out by the knowledge that Luke was her brother. Luke was upset, but he wished the family could have stayed together. He loved his family. It was full of angst that story.

I did read a Jaina/Vong pairing. As you can imagine it wasn't a love story.

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That's almost unholy for a Vong to be paired with natives to that Galaxy Far, Far, Away.

Someone on deviantART did a piece for a friend it was Jar Jar and Ahsoka's daughter. It's meant to be funny since the friend's screen name is Jar Jar (or something like that) and his favorite TCW character is Ahsoka. I think he wanted it to be his and Ahsoka's daughter.

I can find the link for anyone that wants to see it. It's better than it sounds.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Watch A Very Potter Musical and the final scene of A Very Potter Senior Year and tell me that those 2 can't work together. Might be a bit more of a bromance but it works.

12. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I once came across a Jacen/Anakin one once, and it creeped me out. I generally avoid slash, though. ISRR doesn't bother me so much as long as it isn't something like a Hutt with a human, for example. You can blame Star Trek for that.

13. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Kyp Durron/Corran Horn. You know what they say, there's a thin line between love and hate . . . ;)

14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    There's a fan fic where Kyp and Corran were assigned to a mission together and they decided to prank the other Jedi when they returned.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I was totally kidding, but now I'm kinda curious. You know where I could find this?

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That was one of @Hazel's fic. Whispers of the Force I'm pretty sure it was.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

It's here but to get around the cut off go to ff.net and search for the fic that Bri mentioned.

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Prowling on ff.net and saw a fic where Thrawn and Tycho(sp?), Winter's husband, were in a relationship. Didn't dare open it but the first genre was romance.

Would they even be attracted to each other that way??

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thrawn in the Dark Horse Comic version of TTT looked pretty sexy. He reminds me of a blue Clint Eastwood. I guess if Tycho was interested in men he could be attracted...but I don't think there was any indication in the novels that he preferred the company of men. [face_thinking]

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Whether two characters would realistically be attracted to one another has never mattered in the world of fandom.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    100% this. That doesn't stop me from reading them as long as it makes sense in the narrative, but yeah...

I pretty much never say never because I've read things I swore I would never read and then ended up liking them, but I just can't do sibling pairings. That squicks me.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Usually that would be something I couldn't get into but there was one Leia/Luke story that just broke my heart and I kept thinking, "Screw the whole 'We can no longer be a family anymore' stuff and just stay married. In that story they married shortly after the Battle of Yavin. They were very much in love, they had a child, but when it is revealed that they are siblings that freaked them both out and they divorced. Luke never stopped loving her and his life goes straight down hill from there. He was a bigger death stick user than Cade and he almost died. Damn, it was a gritty story, but it pulled you in and you started wanting those two to run off and just live their lives. :(

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sibling pairings are squicky to me, too.

Then... there's twincest. Or, rather, [removed]. Case in point: the various fics/fanon I've encountered with some clone trooper falling in love with a female clone. It would be one thing if the source of that clone were different, but it's not. It's a female version of a Jango clone that was "created by accident." Let's ignore for a moment the fact that such a thing would never happen "by accident" (some of those writers need to do a bit of research into genetics and cloning), but basically, we'd have a story where Cody falls in love with what amounts to be a female version of himself.

Hence [removed]

Mav Edit: The root word of that word is on the disallowed words list.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe they did research and discovered there are a handful of confirmed cases of monozygotic twins (coming from same egg) having different genders. This is caused by a genetic mutation in monozygotic male twins. Right after the zygote splits, one twin loses a Y chromosome and develops as a female. The female would have Turner Syndrome and lack ovaries. This is very rare because many of these pregnancies end in a miscarriage...but they do exist. Therefore, perhaps the fanfic writer assumed if it could happen in nature it might happen in the laboratory.

Endor_boy likes this.
  25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It's still squicky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.