main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    WatTamborWoo, Nexumaster

You will love this. Look what I dug up:
    :p

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Ahsoka makes the most sense, of course, but I'll throw my support in with D-Squad, because it would be funny and hey, maybe we can get just WAC alone on the cover as a memorial for the loss of LACWAC. Come on PTB, I know you read this forum, let's make it so! [:D]

Ani501st and WatTamborWoo like this.
  3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope they officially announce this soon though... It would be nice to know if we could buy it in October!

Ani501st likes this.
  4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I have a feeling that we haven't heard anything because it'll be released in connection with a full box set including the bonus material.

If they wanna be reasonable, they could do Season 5 + Bonus Material in one release, and the full Box Set + Bonus Material for another release... but personally, I'll be buying the box anyway, since I only have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and I want the Blurays.

5. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
  6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

If they want to make more money from the bonus content, I imagine they will be in a boxset of their own since Warner probably won't have the rights to distribute the bonus content whereas they do with Seasons 1-5, UNLESS the rights to distribute back to Disney at some point then we might see a full boxset. Even though I have the single releases... I would probably buy a full boxset providing its in chronological order and it was worth my money.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I've every season on blu ray, but, much like hlc88, if a collection were to be arranged, not by seasons, but by the official TCW chronology, I think I could be swayed to re-invest, without feeling I was being 'double-dipped.'

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

THE GASCON ONE IS PERFECT!!!!!

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That Gascon one looks excellent, even though it should never ever actually see the light of day! :p

I would think and hope that they'd release the bonus content as a separate set... if they want to include it on a bonus disc in the Season 5 boxset that would be fine too (it might drive sales of that boxset over a non-bonus boxset if they were to make both). But I think having the bonus content available by itself would just make sense because there would probably be some people who want to spend less to just see that stuff as opposed to having to spend more for the full season boxset. And the fact that they've released arcs on DVD by themselves before (such as the Darth Maul TCW DVD) seems to support this IMO.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm hoping for separate sets as well.

11. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I hope I don't have to buy a "Complete Series" set for the bonus material since I already have the first four on DVD.

Paparazzo likes this.
  12. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I hope I do have to buy a "Complete Series" set for the bonus material. It makes perfect sense to have them released that way.

13. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I hope I don't have to buy a "Complete Series" as I have the 4 Season DVDs as well as the film DVD, it just seems like a waste of money.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I won't buy the bonus material if it involves repurchasing episodes that I already own. That's a waste of money and nothing in the bonus content could be worth the $80 or so that it would cost for a complete series.

Grievousdude likes this.
  15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

I'm poor so I hope not.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not poor but I'm way too cheap.

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Actually it doesn't make sense...

The better thing for them to is to release the Bonus Content separately, that way people will buy it, they double their money. I don't think the Bonus Content will be included in the Season 5 release.

Then after that do a complete boxset of season 1-5 + bonus content in chronological order. There will be fans bound to buy that despite already owning Seasons separately. This strategy would earn them more money. To maximize their profits this would be a better strategy for them to take. Maybe just before Rebels premiers release a full TCW chronological boxset :)

18. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Hopefully the unreleased episodes will be on the set.

19. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

I don't think as many people as you're thinking would buy the box set if they've already got all the seasons.

Anyway, if you wanna talk about the distribution process... it's actually a more common goal to try and sell the crap out of a single product. Within most distro departments, there are individual execs and teams all competing to get the product lines expanded for the franchises they represent. The people up top pretty much just look at the sales reports and then give further permissions to whichever franchises are the biggest sellers. Thus, putting the bonus content on the full set will up its sales significantly, opening the way for a potential individual release later.

But honestly, I don't think enough people even know about the bonus content to make it a viable release on its own. Considering a huge portion of the audience is parents buying the discs for their kids, a big portion of the audience would never see the bonus content unless it's tacked onto a higher-priced set (be that the season 5 set, or the full box).

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Any news when S5 comes out?

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was wondering the same thing, if it would be in September or October like the other seasons.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    It'll probably only be released in a complete set of all the seasons with the bonus episodes.

Disney already screwed us over by cancelling the series, they'll do it again.

Darth Vader likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, if that happens--y'all tell me how it is.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

They shouldn't do as Warner own the distribution rights for the 5 seasons. Disney will probably have the rights to the bonus content. Warner would have signed for the release of the DVD/blu-ray when signing for Season 5 and Disney would have to honor that contract. So there should be a seperate release for the 5th seasons. When Warners rights for the 5 seasons expire then Disney would be able to release it all in one go - if they wish to.

eht13 likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    A complete set? that would be awesome