main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Since you've asked many people, I'll concede defeat.

Not up for playing the game that's been dragging on for weeks in the MOS thread.

Jedi Merkurian and Saintheart like this.
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, the film bombed because it had a bad script and poor word of mouth. The concept wasn't the problem, it was the execution.

Christian Bale, Christopher Nolan, David Goyer, Zack Snyder and Jeff Robinov.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the only way Bale would return as Batman for Justice League is if Nolan is directing it.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    His style does not fit JL.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

You never know.

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Since the villain's plan and portrayal is vital to the movie, I guess they will use Darkseid in the first one to make sure the success.

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    He said that neither him or WB are interested in him staying Batman for a JLA movie.

StarWarsZombie likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    And Kate Beckinsale, right? Because she's not too old to play a role, like, say, Wonder Woman.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ah crap, lots of Hodoring in this thread too. [face_sick]

Ender_Sai likes this.
  10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    We have a 38 years old Lois, so no.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Well, then

12. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    GL is a failure on many levels. I propose that as a premise it's flawed to the core because it's inherently ridiculous. A guy with a magic ring that turns into funny/killer shapes works beautifully in a comic book and animated movie. Live action, it looks and feels absurd. The problems with the screenplay and execution arise largely because they are based on a flawed foundation. Just my humble opinion.

As to the Nolan concept of Batman appearing in a JLA or other DCU film, I remain unconvinced that it won't happen. I understand Bale has quashed rumors of his own return to the role, but I think the style of portraying the character which he, Nolan and Goyer co-conceived is so globally successful -- and so true to the comics! -- that it's now ingrained in the public psyche. Another actor cast in the role will keep the reasonably realistic slant the DK trilogy stamped on the character.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    DC has great potential for characters, but they should wait and see how Marvel does with GotG & Ant Man before they try more of their less-known characters or a JLA movie since they'd be using a number of characters with no build-up movie.

He's not immortal, and he does age just really slowly.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Here's a list of villains I would guess would be in the JLA movie:

Darkseid, Lex Luthor, the JOker (played by Heath Ledger, they can CGI him in), Penguin, Solomon Grundy, Amazo, oh and if you have Darkseid you should have Orion, umm, Parasite, Doomsday, Bane.

There's the list of heroes I believe would be in it:

Wonder Woman (played by Kate Beckinsale, she's not too old); Black Canary (Kate Beckinsale in a blonde wig; she's not too old); Oracle (Kate Beckinsale in a red wig; she's not too old) ; Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds can't come back, he should be played by Bradley Cooper); the Flash (Sharto Copley); Martian Manhunter (Liam Neeson); Cyborg (the guy who played Mr T in the A-Team, joining his A-Team castmates since they have alrready played a good team on screen).

Here's a picture showing how Kate Beckinsale is not too old:

[​IMG]

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'd have agreed until the third turd of a film came out.

Batman takes 8 years off because his Cabbage Patch girlfriend dies. But he becomes Batman because his parents are murdered.

I appreciate in the real TDKR, Batman has taken time off and comes back, but not after 2 years and 3 villains (Scarecrow, Ra's and Joker) have been taken down.

Saintheart likes this.
  16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Save you energy for Amy Adams, she's the official Lois of the DC Cinematic Universe.

17. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Stop that immediately. o_O

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well he started it all the way, ask him to do it.

19. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I hear you, but I was talking about the portrayal of the character: the approach to his persona, the handling of the gadgets, his manner of speech, etc., which transcend any single film. I submit that even without Bale, the Nolan/Goyer/Bale approach to Batman will continue in any new iteration in a JLA film.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't know; Kate Beckinsale isn't too old to play her.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Agreed; it's their interpretation of the character that will carry through so long as these universes remain connected.

Though, Batman doing his best Nathan Explosion impression might get old for another set of films.

22. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    It's funny, because I was actually responding to Ender-Sai's post #89. By the time I hit the reply button, it appeared under your post. So don't take it personally! I was kidding anyway, these are discussion forums and we should all be allowed to discuss anything we want to... within the TOS and with the Mods' approval, of course. :D

23. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    No way, I love the grizzled growl. In the late 80s I used to read my Batman comics out loud to myself, and I kid you not I used that same hideous growl that Bale uses for Bats' voice. Imagine my surprise when I saw BB! :eek:

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sure, but targeting a person like that is not something pleasant, nor is it really related to the topic too much. I don't mind ask the mod to warn him if he keeps like this, he post such stuff in multiple threads for multiple times.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's not a hideous growl; you should listen to some Chris Barnes if you want hideous growls. I recommend Hammer Smashed Face as an introduction.

Snowcone, when you stop posting ill-conceived idiocy I'll stop mocking it. It's not unreasonable to ask you to think before you post, rather than ejaculate a stream of fanboy nonsense onto the screen.