main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Can other members see that you have birthday today if you have it today?

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Only if you set your birthdate to visible.

3. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Is there a thread that explains about the stars, likes and ranks?

4. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    The FAQ covers the stars, there's a link under Help explaining the trophies as well as a thread in the 'Welcome' forum which also explains trophies, likes and ranks.

Not sure though if there is a nice, simple location which contains all the information together however.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, so is there any chance browsing though post history can be made easier, like it used to be? Previously we could look at our post history very easily, with the ability to sort out posts from the same board, i.e. looking only at posts in the Amphitheater, or only posts in Comms.

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We'll have to see what Xenforo comes up with in the next version (which should be out in the next few months).

You can currently view a user's posts for a single forum by using Advanced Search, or by going into the forum and using the search box at the top of the page, entering the username, and making sure "Search this forum only" is selected.

pronker likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Even then, you can only see 8 pages at a time, which covers about 200 posts. It used to be you could go from the most recent posts to the earliest posts in one click. The current search engine makes it more difficult to get to older posts. Well, more tedious at least, especially when people have over 10,000 posts. :p

Circular_Logic likes this.
  8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Dumb dumb question: How do you PM someone here? [face_blush]

9. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    There are several ways. The most expedient would be clicking on the name of the person you are trying to PM (or the avatar alternatively) and click 'start a conversation' on the pop-up.

10. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Is there a thread about the mandalorian culture for those who find there culture fascinating? Because I would love to learn more about it and the language and more.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I believe there's a dedicated Mando thread in EUC.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  13. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    This has probably been asked. I have been away for sometimes and am getting use to the new boards.. How do I hide spoilers? I thought it might be like before but there is no highlight button (or at least one that I can't find). Thanks

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You can either use spoiler tags: [spoiler]Spoilered text goes here[/spoiler] or highlight black: [hl=black]Spoilered text goes here[/hl]. Both have to be typed in as they're not on Xenforo's rich text suite.

15. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Where is the thread to chat about Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic because I just bought this PC game and I just have a few questions before I start downloading it?

16. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Again in the EUC:

KOTOR Fanclub

Though, there are probably any number of KOTOR threads in the Games Forum. This is just the one I recommend.*

*No it has nothing to do with being my thread :p

17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Thank you for the help.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Here you have a discussion thread in the Videogames forum.

19. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Also is there a fanclub or a discussion threads when it comes to bounty hunters? Or something?

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You can actually check out all of the fanclubs in EUC by clicking their "Fanclub" tab.

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    On the latter, you actually have to use [hl=black][color=black]Spoilered text goes here[/color][/hl] to achieve the proper effect, because if you only use the hl tags without color tags, then it looks like this, which you can still read if you look at it at the right (wrong?) angle because the default text color is not totally black.

Of course, you don't have to use black. Any color works as long as you use the exact same color for both the highlight and text.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I've noticed that with some of the threads I've commented on and have clicked the watch thread thing at the top (so I can get alerts when someone comments) that I stop getting alerts after a while and the Thread title on each forum is back to bold. Is there any limit on how long that lasts? Like do we have to comment every so often or is there a limit of how many threads we can follow at once? Etc. Thanks.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    I didn't have this problem until today. The toolbar (or whatever you call it) that has Conversations and Alerts, Members, Rules is now covered up and hidden by the toolbar that says Searched Forums, Watched Threads. I can still access the hidden toolbar by hovering my mouse over it, but it is not visible otherwise. I have went up to View and went to see if zooming in or out or changing the text size would help, but it doesn't. I don't know what I did to make this suddenly happen. I am using a PC with IE.

24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Make sure that Compatibility View is OFF.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view

Grimby likes this.
  25. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    And that worked, jcgoble3. I don't know how that setting changed, but it did. All fixed now. Thank you very much for your assistance.