main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which piece of Star Wars music always gives you tingles down the spine?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Hermi_Odle, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013

spine tingling starts kicking in at around 57 seconds and proceeds throughout body as the fanfare progresses.

2. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Related: the Classic FM station here in Aus had a Top 100 countdown of music from films and Star Wars has taken out the number 2 spot. The songs they chose to play are:
    • Main Title/Blockade Runner Medley
    • Yoda's Theme
    • Duel of the Fates
    • The Lightsaber/Ewok Battle
    • Across the Stars
    • Cantina Band
    • Imperial March
    • The Rebel Fleet/End Title

3. saovkhach

saovkhach Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2013
    I love this soundtrack! It calm me

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Episode 4-Use the Force from the Battle of Yavin.
    Episode 5, Imperial March, the lead up from 39 to 53 seconds in Battle of Hoth to the Imperial March in that, Yoda raising the X-Wing, 2nd half of Clash of Lightsabers, Escape from Cloud City, Rebel Fleet/End Credits
    ROTJ-Rebel Fleet exits hyperspace in the Endor system through Tie Fighter attack, Force theme, Luke attacking Vader, Palpatine launching Force Lightning at Luke
    TPM-Duel of the Fates
    AOTC-The Arena, Palpatine watching the Clones
    ROTS-the drums in the opening, Anakin's Dark Deeds.

5. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    I always get chills during the violin solo at the end of Princess Leia's theme. It's just incredible. Play it to anyone who didn't know any better and they'd never guess it would be from a movie like Star Wars. That said, I don't think it plays anywhere during the actual movie itself.

Whatever took number 1 didn't deserve it.

6. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    All sorts of cues give me tingles because they're such special parts of my childhood. The Battle of Yavin, The Clash of Lightsabers, Duel of the Fates, Anakin's Theme, Battle of the Heroes, Imperial March... I could go on forever. The Force Theme always gets me though.

But if there's one specific melody that goes beyond that and actually means something powerful to me emotionally... the middle eight of the theme. It produces the most awesome feeling of triumph during the titles, and the more quiet, understated versions that pop up in the credits and in the throne room scene usually produce a lump in my throat. That little middle eight melody to me is the sound of Star Wars, and the sound of my childhood. It'll always be one of the most precious pieces of music in my life.

7. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    there are so many as has already been said, i think my fave moment of music is the really fast burst of strings after (i think after some sort of woodwind instrument) the crawl has gone up and as we see th stars and planets in ANH....all as a prelude to my favourite opening 10 mins of a movie ever and will alwys tingle my spine

8. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I never know the names of most SW themes except the 'Imperial March.' But one of my favorite themes that gives me goosebumps everytime is when Luke/Leia swing across the chasm on the deathstar. Another goosebump theme is when Luke looks at the Binary Sunset. I also love the music when Yoda lifts the XWing fighter out of the swamp on Dagobah.

9. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    Jedi Temple March - ROTS

Padmes Destiny - ROTS

10. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    Love this one aswell! Anakin and Padme Theme - AOTC

11. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I always get chills during the music that signifies Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker's death in ROTJ, the reprise of the Imperial March. So haunting.

Sarge likes this.
  12. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    My favorites are the anything with the force leitmotif particularly Binary sunset in ANH and The Funeral Pyre in ROTJ, The Imperial March(especially at the end of Anakins theme) Battle of Heroes The Rumminations one.

I also miss this one. What they replaced it with is very good but I grew up on

Yub Nub!

Hando, jedinightwing and d_arblay like this.
  13. Dasan

Dasan Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 7, 2013
    Oh, man. There are a lot of pieces that make me very emotional. Anakin's Betrayal is heart-breaking, especially around the minute mark where you can't help but see Yoda collapse with grief at the death of his friends. Across the Stars is just plain beautiful, as is Leia's Theme.

But if I'm going to answer the OP with the most spine-tingling track, it is The Asteroid Field. It starts off thrusting you right into the action, blasting you with the Imperial March, letting you know what sort of trouble the gang is in. Next, some wonderful tension building around the 1:00 mark, just to keep you on your toes. Which leads right up to the best part of all: The explosively triumphant, soaring melody at 2:18. Not only does it send my spine tingling, it makes me want to run around my house, arms outstretched and grinning like a mad fool while I pretend to be the Falcon, dodging asteroids and blaster fire left and right.

Finally, a masterful transition at 3:23 leads you into a beautiful arrangement of Leia's Theme that just tops the whole track off. It's 4 minutes and 16 seconds very well spent and one of my favorite action cues ever.

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:track:2TYPFvOEMx2joCNV39NYbC" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  14. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I like a lot of tracks from all 6 soundtracks, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be this:

15. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I want to give mad props to the Force theme, in all its iterations.

In my previous post, I shared the battle-oriented rendition of Good Triumphs over Evil earlier, but Binary Sunset is absolutely tear-jerkingly brilliant.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  16. OutlawTorn

OutlawTorn Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2013
    The End title, for sure. Epic music for an epic disclosure as in Star Wars: A New Hope.

17. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    despite what the vid says, from Return of the Jedi

And ironically, while it's the same theme as Binary Sunset...it gets me more here

umm...post funeral:

18. Dasan

Dasan Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 7, 2013
    This, for me, is probably the most powerful track in the series. I always imagine Yoda collapsing at the 1:00 mark and it is so heart-rending. The Order 66 is beautifully shot, but this music makes it one of the most emotional scenes in the trilogy. Beautiful music!

I know exactly what you mean. I was teaching an arrangement of the Main Theme to a piano student of mine and I tried to impress upon him the subtle grandeur of this middle eight section. It is less bombastic than the main melody, but it is a wonderful secondary melody that is equally triumphant but with a singing quality that contrasts the leaps and bounds of the main melody wonderfully. Good stuff!

FRAGWAGON and jedinightwing like this.
  19. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Yeah, me too. The gentle treatment of a tune which has previously been this bombastic, evil theme, finished with that beautiful light plucking of strings just emphasises the tragedy of what happened to this once decent man.

20. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Luke and Leia. Yoda's Theme and DotF, actually, pretty much anything by John Williams.

BRING BACK STAR WARS IN CONCERT!!

21. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    There are two scenes (both from ESB) that still thrill me, in large part to the way they were scored. They both utilize the love theme (Han Solo & The Princess), the first being when the Falcon escapes from Echo Base- the theme being used in heroic fashion. The second when the Falcon escapes Cloud City, using the same theme but in a much more operatic tone. Juxtoposition pulled off well, JW.

DarthBoba likes this.
  22. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Swim to Otoh Gunga gets me, for some reason. And that beautiful piece with Yoda and the Younglings.

23. GrimStride

GrimStride Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2013
    Duel of fates always gets me pumped up

"Jedi temple march" is up there as well

24. Joda0

Joda0 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2013
    I love the strong emotion in Binary Sunset, that always gets me. I also love Battle of the Heroes, very epic, but it's also an emotional score, knowing it's about two friends, or even brothers, now fighting each other to death. Leia's Theme is also very beautiful. There are so many great scores in the Saga, Williams is a true master, so excited he's returning for Episode VII!

Isabella Skywalker likes this.
  25. Isabella Skywalker

Isabella Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2013
    I have to say Across the Star. It's so beautiful and it always gives me goosebumps.
    And others that I love are The Force theme and Anakin's betrayal;)

Dasan likes this.