main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I'm not going into collecting the 6inch figures but I will certainly take one or two that I really want. I'm looking forward Anakin and Obi-Wan.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Entertainment Earth has been teasing pics of Greedo, today they shared a full view of the prototype:

[​IMG]

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll be honest.

I might pre-order that.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I was %99 sure I would pick up Greedo. %100 now.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think he looks great!

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    He does look really good. I just hope it's not a long wait to get a "6 ANH Han Solo to shoot him first :p.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I thought Han is supposed to be in the next batch? :confused:

Ani501st likes this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That's right! Greedo's days are numbered.

TrakNar likes this.
  9. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Fett looks pretty good.

11. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    These new 6" figures look great. The problem is, I don't want to have to collect another line. In any case, I don't plan on getting all of them, but may get some. The Greedo looks especially cool.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I think the reason it took Hasbro so long to introduce a 6" scale is that many collectors didn't want to have to "start over" or collect simultaneously with the 3 3/4" line. But now that we're to the point where we've seen half a dozen versions of the core characters and half as many of the secondary and even blink and you'll miss 'em characters in the 3 3/4" scale, this could bring a spark back to collecting at retail. I won't be a completist with this line, especially at $20 a pop, but I'm really excited about it.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ani501st and JUKE-SKYWALKER like this.
  14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    The new Han and Slave Leia look great :D!

Ani501st likes this.
  15. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    For the moment on my list : Boba Fett , Obi-Wan. Han Solo could also arrive on the list of the figures I will buy.

16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Galactic Hunter posted pics of Wave 3 of the 6" Black Series that debuted at CE2. Only 3 were revealed; Luke (Bespin), Stormtrooper and Obi-Wan (Ep. III). Since these waves aren't themed I don't even have a guess as to the 4th figure. The ratio was said to be 1 PT to 3 OT characters per wave for the 6" series, but wave 2 doesn't have any PT characters, so who knows, the 4th could just as easily be a PT character.

17. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I've never collected Star Wars figures(as a adult I should say) and I think I might start with The Black Series, my only problem is money is tight and I'm afraid these prices will go up and I'll be screwed lol by the time say October-December rolls around. Are stores like Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart going to have the "6 Black Series too?

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah the 6" Black Series is a retail oriented line that should be availible most places that sell toys. I believe they're going to retail for $19.99 (U.S.) and each wave will include 4 figures (Not sure how many of each per case, how many cases per store etc.).

I'm very curious to see how this line does. If you have to wait a few months I still think you'll be able to find most of these on pegs. I think the Boba Fett from wave 2 will be an exception, but that's to be expected :p.

19. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I think the line looks great and as someone who can't exactly afford the Sideshow collectibles I thought this line looked like a great alternative. If wave 2 isn't coming until November I think the Boba will be a easy snag! :) I noticed on Amazon third-party sellers are selling the Sandtrooper for like $40!

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Agreed. The 3 3/4" line is great, but for an eye catching display you need something a bit larger, and the 6" fills the bill. I still believe that $20 is a bit much for this line (Wal-Mart has been selling the similar 6" Marvel Legends line for $14.99/15.99ish in my area), but I've been begging for a 6" line forever, so I won't complain... too much.

21. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I think that was precisely the reasoning behind this. And I'm all for it. After Vintage, I got into collecting the figures pretty late in the game, and many gems have come and gone (you know, to the place where you pay an arm and a leg to get them in the secondary market) - I realized this once again when I got the 500th Vader (w/ meditation chamber) at CE: You would like to have these standouts, but if you don't get them while they're new, you may never find them at retail price, which in Germany is about 50% higher than in the US already. So I welcome the chance to be there from the beginning of a new line.

Besides, as my Boba Fett & Carbonite Han proves, these figures look beyond excellent.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Mmm-hmm. This is sort of a "fresh start". A retail ret-con if you will. Not only is the 3 3/4" line overwhelming, for someone late to the game the cost of S&H alone makes collecting on the secondary market costly. I collect a lot of the stuff I had as a kid (Star Wars, G.I. Joe etc.), and the end total cost of the auction can be %40 or more S&H.

I'm super curious to see how this line does. My local Wal-Mart had their re-set plan-o-grams up in the toy section today, so I'm back to making daily toy runs.

23. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Picked up the Sandtrooper and Luke at Target, walked in right on their resets! :D

Here are some video reviews that I made for you guys on the fence!

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They look great!

25. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    I want the Sandtrooper and Fett