main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Wouldn't be awesome if the new Jedi actually built their Temple there? As a final FU to the Sith?

The irony would be delicious. Korriban could slowly morph into this place of "light-side" energies. It would show show some change in the galaxy, which is what I'm hoping to see in the ST.

Dra--- and GrimStride like this.
  2. GrimStride

GrimStride Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2013
    I should report you for conceiving the idea. It's blasphemy !

But it really would be a pimp slap in the face . I can imagine the younglings roaming the halls , taunting the ghosts " Whatcha gonna do about it?"[face_rofl]

3. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    It would basically be a kick in the balls to all the Sith that ever lived.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    And that would be, you know, a good thing. ;)

InterestingLurker likes this.
  5. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I didn't say it wasn't. :p

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Has Byss been mentioned? Isn't this where Vader had his crib?

7. JourneymanFett

JourneymanFett Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2013
    I'd really love to see Mandalore or Concord Dawn. Especially Mandalore, since reading about in Republic Commandos and Legacy of the Force.

8. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    There are so many things i want to see, dont know wich one most:

- a furious Chewbacca fight scene

- Falcon Air Combat combined with a Female LS Fight ontop of the Falcon. Boobs in the Wind, woohoo!

- a Army of Imperial Guards in a huge "David Lean like" Battle scene

- funny new and old cast situations!

- Lukes teachings vs Han teachings!

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Nope- it was the planet Vjun (Bast Castle).

Palpatine's was Byss.

Immortiss likes this.
  10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Thank you, sir.

11. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Hello everyone. This is my first post here so please be kind to a newbie....

I have been an SW (and Blake's 7) fan since I was a small child, and grew up watching the OT on my friend's Betamax video player as a small child... Now, as an adult, I feel the wonderful world building and the sets are the things that still intrigue me the most about SW. Through the combination of location shooting in Tunisia and Norway and the detailed sets Lucas constructed, you really do feel as if you are in Luke's garage on Tatooine or in Echo Base on Hoth. I didn't get the same feel from the prequels, possibly due to the CGI. Kamino was somewhat atmospheric, with its constant rain and the cold, sterile atmosphere of the cloning factory but none of the other locations really worked for me. I think Tatooine wasn't quite as effective even though they did indeed go back to Tunisia, due to the fact there were too many cartoonish goings-on with droids in the background and Jar-Jar that made everything in general feel more cartoonish.

Anyway, I simply hope they can create richly detailed, spartan but plausible worlds in the ST. I want to be immersed once more in believable, gritty environments, devoid of cartoonish background characters. Less blue screens and more location shoots, where we can see the wind blow the characters' hair or the cold mist as they exhale, please. I expect we will go back to Tatooine again to repeat the patterns established in the first two trilogies but I hope we see new environments, too. We haven't really seen a gas giant world apart from that below Cloud City, so maybe a journey through a gaseous giant, like that described by Arthur C. Clarke in 2063, is one possible new environment to explore. A comet is another environment not yet seen in a SW film that would be interesting to see.

Sarge likes this.
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Tatooine's appearance in ROTS was a good decision in my opinion considering that Luke grew up there.

13. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I always expected Tatooine to show up at some point in the PT.

I would like them to go back to Tatooine for maybe one scene of closure for Luke. They didn't really get that in ROTJ.

Maybe he goes back to Ben's old hut and fins something of importance there? Something that would make sense would be there but it was under our noses the whole time.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The only proper way to end Luke's story in the ST is him disappearing into the Force with the Binary Sunset in the Background.

Sarge likes this.
  15. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Yes! Closure for Luke. But I would favor Tosche Station at Anchorhead over Ben's old hut. We know what thing of importance is there--the POWER CONVERTERS! I so want closure to this problem--Luke never getting his converters. My only fear is that Fixer and Cammie will have been run out by Tuskens and that Tosche Station will be run by Gungans and Ewoks.

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I don't think Luke needs 'closure'... presumably he got that already while waiting to enact his plan to rescue Han. The official word is that he figured out how to make his saber by going to Ben's hut, after all, which had been ransacked by Jawas & such over the years yet still had info on sabers. After another 30+ years? No. Having something leftover there seems even less likely. I know what you're thinking, "but they never explained that letter-opener/sword/whatever that's hanging in the hut in the movie! They gotta explain the sword!", but, no. They don't.

Luke's closure with parts he remembers happens offscreen. Can't we just accept that and move on to a NEW world?

No... the only proper way to end Luke's story in the ST is... well, to let him look on proudly at his students/family overcoming the obstacles set in their path. The only proper way to end Luke's LIFE, beyond the ST, is to have him fade away akin to Yoda--but possibly by his own choosing, rather than dying of old age & illness--somewhere he's comfortable. Not some place he hated as a kid and felt no strong ties to on his later visits as an adult.

Luke's moved on from Tatooine. Why can't the fans? Plenty of worlds out there orbiting binary stars... (and yes, I realize you didn't specify "Tatooine's binary sunset", but calling it "the Binary Sunset" implies Tatooine, as that's the only one we've seen so far in the films). Luke fading away watching a binary sunset would be very fitting... but not on Tatooine. George made the galaxy small enough already, bringing everything back to Tatooine just shrinks it even more.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think Luke hating Tatooine is exaggerated by many fans. And even if he did, he could have since come to terms with it. He might also still enjoy the Binary Sunset.

18. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    It was a boring place he was desperate to get away from... by ROTJ he obviously had come to terms with it, I suppose, but in a "Yep, nothing for me here" kinda way. I don't want Arndt or some other writer to latch onto Han's "You're gonna die here, you know. Convenient!" line and say "Hey, that's a GREAT idea!" like George did when he saw the old line "Thank the Maker, this oil bath is going to feel so good..." and said "EUREKA! Darth Vader is the Maker! I'll have Kid Anakin build C-3PO! WOO HOO!" :D

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Binary Sunset on Tatooine began the adventure. Luke began his trek to complete his destiny. The only way to end it is have Luke's last moments be on Tatooine with the Binary sunset with the Force Theme playing. There is no way to top that. The series loves symmetry so I'll be shocked if something else happens. Luke won't die a violent death (if he didn't die in ROTJ, nothing would work) and I can't see a Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon type death again. He passes on into the Force because he feels that the Jedi are in good hands and then we could have a ROTJ ending for the rest of the movie.

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm glad you can't see an Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon type death, despite your pointing out how the series loves symmetry... so many people think Luke WILL die like those other two mentors because of the series' symmetry reasons, but that's not symmetry, that's just 'predictable'.

Describing it as you do, tho, with feeling like the Jedi are in good hands, that's nice. I suppose if there's no (immediate) threat remaining, Luke's confident everything's gonna be a-ok, and he knows he'll still be around as a ghost should his kids/successors ever need some advice and can appear anywhere thanks to the whole "more powerful than you can possibly imagine" thing, and remembering Yoda's "luminous beings are we, not this crude matter", then yeah, shuffling off his mortal coil even when age, illness, or injury aren't a factor can work. It'd be more like Frodo in LOTR--sure, he was injured and the wound never really healed, but it wasn't really killing him...yet he was still choosing to leave Middle-Earth forever, tantamount to 'dying', to live among the elves in Valinor. If it's played like that, I guess it doesn't really matter where it happens. I disagree that the binary sunset is where the adventure began, tho... that happened off world, where a small consular ship was being attacked by a Star Destroyer ;) (or when Luke first saw the message, which was also pre-sunset... during the sunset, post-dinner, was simply when he noticed R2 missing; he didn't set out after R2 until morning--ooo, maybe THAT could be an interesting visual instead of the sunset...a binary sunrise! Dawning of a new era, without Luke directly leading the way, for whatever Episodes happen beyond that?)

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The master dying in the opening movie of the trilogy has happened twice. A master dying peacefully ex Yoda has only happened once. Luke will survive until Episode 9. Luke's adventure began after the Sunset. Not the movie. Events began to transpire for Luke after it. A Binary Sunrise would be awesome.

Graphic and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's a very good point. I'm all for Luke Skywalker living until Episode IX and dying peacefully ala Yoda. I really want to see him re-establish the Jedi Order on screen and killing him off in Episode VII seems like such a waste of his character. And I'm also all for him becoming one with the Force as he looks off to the binary sunset. It would be such a poignant moment and bring his story full circle.

Joe Antonetti and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, especially if the ST is a continuation of the Skywalker story.

24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I think that It is inevitable that we will be seeing tattooine in the sequel trilogy...

now as far as what exactly will go on during those scenes, is up for speculation... either way, whatever it ends up being I'm sure I will enjoy it!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Planet Hollywood.