main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What is your greatest hope about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jul 3, 2013.

1. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    My greatest hope is Sidious makes a stunning comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Son of a Bith likes this.
  2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Of course I want the new film to feel like a new film--I thought that was obvious enough that I didn't have to specifically state that Episode VII should come up with all new plot points, characters, set pieces and "snip its." Yeah, of course I want the film to be a fresh experience that movies the series forward. But at the same time I want Episode VII to feel like an extension of all six films that came before it. My point was that it should do its own thing while still staying true to the existing saga, as opposed to other scenarios such as turning the series toward Nolan-style grimdark or aiming no higher than OT pastiche and nostalgia.

VMeran, Immortiss, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  3. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Have another hundred likes, Ezekiel.

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    How do you maintain thematic integrity of six films that clearly do not share that integrity among themselves? I think most people would agree that the PT and the OT are very different, regardless of opinions about their quality.

I think that is something most agree with.

TheStorm likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, thematically they're very similar.
    They are different in a lot of other ways but the thematic integrity is most certainly there.

FRAGWAGON and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  6. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't know that I agree with that. For instance, on the concept of destiny and free will. I think that they are very inconsistent on this theme, and it's a central theme of both trilogies.

TheStorm likes this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    My greatest hope is that certain irrational Fan Boys will shut up about the PT "raping their childhood".

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    That people will stop using the term "Fan Boy" as an insult, especially if they are members of a fan based website.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  9. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    Right...and that they won't use Episode VII as a bludgeon against Lucas and the prequels, a la, "THIS is how you make a SW movie, George!", then use it as an excuse to whine for another decade and a half about how much better the PT would have been had Lucas stayed out of it, etc.

That's not too likely, however. Nor is my other wish likely to come true: that the media will actually recognize that PT-haters don't represent the majority of SW fans, that SW fandom is a diverse group of people with equally diverse opinions.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The term "fan boy" has a specific meaning. Merely being a fan of SW or the JCF does not in itself make you a "fan boy"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

11. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Phew! Thank God! For a second I thought I was one.:)

Bazinga'd likes this.
  12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    1. Fanboy/girl
    A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.

2. Fanboy/girl
    1. A person who is completely loyal to a game or company regardless of if they suck or not.
    2. A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like

3. Fanboy/girl
    1. Anyone who spends their free time on fansite message boards.(e.g. all of us) :)

13. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    That's me.:)

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Not me. I'm above that sort of thing.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't even like Star Wars.

16. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    And i tought im the only one... puh [:D]

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My greatest hope is that we can all get back on topic. Your derailing of this thread raped my childhood.

18. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    My greatest hope is that Harrison Ford doesn't bail last minute because of some contract squabble or problems with his character in the new trilogy. I know Hamill was always in, and Fisher seems like she wouldn't bail, but I still worry Ford will be a no-show come time to shooting the movie for a variety of reasons.

Then again, maybe I should have posted that this is my greatest 'fear' that Harrison Ford bails.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope we can all learn to be a little less panicky when lame rumors get started about Ep. 7.

Poor Greedo and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Echo Base: shared a idea on on the 'scoops' thread that I want to borrow as a hope.

I hope that we finally see the or a Kaibur Crystal in a SW movie! Ever since I saw it on the cover of 'Splinter', at the age of eight, I've been intrigued with this plot device. It would be great to see it used in the ST.

Echo Base likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Boy you said it, Pro Scoundrel. Where do they dig up these ridiculous rumors? :p

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Seeing an official design for the Bothans. ;) :p

But in all seriousness, I'd love to see a strong female Jedi Knight as the main lead of this trilogy. Something about that idea just feels right. Also hoping we get a fantastic villain that brings their own unique form of evil to the series. Hopefully the entire cast of the new generation will be as memorable as the original (or at least close to being as memorable as the original cast).

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My greatest hope is that it will be great

InterestingLurker likes this.
  24. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    My greatest hope is also my greatest doubt. That it actually continue the story in a logical, natural progression.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  25. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    That its the best Star Wars movie to date!

^:)^

Poor Greedo likes this.