main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Episode VII at D23

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Jul 26, 2013.

1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I'm ready for some big announcements at D23, they have given Star Wars the slot of Saturday afternoon at 5, this is THE PRIME SLOT for this event so I am sure they have big things planned :) I'm sure the proximity to LA may have factored in holding some appearances/announcements till this event.

cdgodin, Echo-07, HegoDamask and 4 others like this.
  2. Yensid1974

Yensid1974 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    I was fully expecting D23 announcements from the beginning. I work for Disney so I know a little bit about how they do things and this was pretty obvious. It also isn't a coincidence that the next Celebration is in Anaheim the month before EP VII is supposed to come out either.

Echo-07 and newdawn12 like this.
  3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Got my 3-day D23 pass in the mail, so I'm all set for next week!

4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Great for you. We're counting on you for some sweet updates ManaByte :)

5. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    They're confiscating phones, but as soon as I get my phone back I'll post.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  6. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Then they MUST be announcing something big. :p

Echo-07, HegoDamask and Immortiss like this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Watch the D23 monumental casting news turn out to be Ahmed Best.

8. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    The UPDATED description states:

"Go behind the scenes at The Walt Disney Studios with this revealing look at our upcoming roster of live-action adventures from Disney, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. Fans will enjoy exclusive video clips, filmmaker discussions, and star appearances at this session hosted by Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn, Disney Live Action Production President Sean Bailey, and Marvel Studios President and Producer Kevin Feige..."

The Lucasfilm bit guarantees that we'll get at least something. :D

More at: https://d23.com/d23-expo/schedule/saturday-august-10-2013/

9. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I saw this tweet from Pablo Hidalgo just prior to the start of Celebration....just remembered it reading this thread.

Pablo Hidalgo@infinata
    Hope the Internet can come to a consensus on the latest rumor soon. My last slide in my d23 presentation depends on it.

10. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Pablo is doing a Star Wars 101 panel on Sunday. His tweet isn't connected to the big panel on Saturday, and I think he's referring to the Foodles rumor.

11. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    So what do you think they are going to announce?
    Personally if this ends up being a massive announcement I think we'll see:
    -The Cast
    -JJ Abrams
    -Some concept art (e.g a villain)
    -Possibly reveal the title?

12. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    No way will they show the villain, even if it's just part of some concept art. I'd say confirmation of the Big 3 and the release date. If they're feeling REALLY generous, perhaps the title/logo, and maybe concept art of a spaceship.

13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Good stuff! What other insights can you give us?

I'll play the part of wet blanket peeps. The only announcement I expect is that Disney will confirm the Big 3 BUT that will be enough for me. I'd be surprised if they cast everyone already, although I fear the timing of the Gosling/Effron rumors to be too coincidental (time-wise) in all this craziness just to be rumors.

Immortiss and HegoDamask like this.
  14. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Not the villain, but a villain. Much like the reveal of Grievous before Episode 3.

15. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I seriously doubt they would even show a minor villain at this point. Grievous wasn't revealed until about a year before the Ep3 came out, and that was many months after principal photography had wrapped.

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome!

Finally a mention of Lucasfilm! That's very promising!

17. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    According to the schedule his panel is on Saturday at 5pm but obviously that has changed.
    https://d23.com/d23-expo/schedule/saturday-august-10-2013/

18. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

Eh I'm pretty sure we will get the title/logo. Disney is huge about branding, and TAU2 already got theirs which is in the same release date. I think they will show it. Usually when they announce Disney films they announce the titles/reveal the logos as well. They've done it for most the Marvel Films.

19. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, but a title is not really necessary at this point. "Star Wars: Episode 7" is branding enough....

But, whatever, we will see next week.....

20. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

So is The Avengers 2. But they did not do that.

Darth Chiznuk and Immortiss like this.
  21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Confirmation of Big 3, possible confirmation of other main casting roles, possible title. Sounds about right.

22. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    At the very least they confirmed we are getting a new SW ride announcement, I'm hoping for a Disneyland Tomorrowland SW makeover but it might be kind of akward with Brad Bird's Tomorrowland on the horizon.

23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I honestly do not like the idea of Tomorrowland being converted into Star Wars land. I don't mind if a small portion of it is designated as a Star Wars section(basically an expanded Star Tours). But Star Wars was never about humanity in the future. Tomorrowland serves as(or should)as a peak into the possibilities for humans on earth. Not humans reconceptualized in a galaxy far far away....

If they really want to make a Star Wars land. Its better off being an off shoot park like MGM studios...

24. Star Wars fan94

Star Wars fan94 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 13, 2013
  25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That was in response to a rumor posted at ClubJade at the beginning of July, which stated that some familiar faces will be making an appearance to make the cast announcement. The truth is, we just don't know. Disney is obviously keeping things a secret, but we will find out soon enough.