main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Well, Dave did say we would see Order 66 and what happens to Rex explored in that arc. So, it may happen. Plus, having Rex's fate shown in the Order 66 arc seems appropriate.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes it does

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Glad you agree with me, Legolas Skywalker.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Which is exactly what I said... that it may happen, it doesn't mean it will.

It may do but does it make sense for two arcs produced one after the other to deal with the fates of the two characters that do not appear in the films? Ahsoka in the fugitive arc, and then Rex in the following arc? Not it doesn't. The Trench arc was the next one produced after the Fugitive one. I can't see them dealing with two character's fate in two different arcs one after the other when they were planning up to 8 seasons.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think the Fugitive arc was meant to be Ahsoka's final appearance in the show. Maybe it would resolve her as no longer being a Jedi and thus not around during the events of ROTS, but I figure she would have cropped up either in a non-Jedi capacity, or would re-join the order later in the series -- had the series been allowed to follow through to its conclusion. Filoni was teasing Ashley that she wouldn't have voice recording sessions with Matt for awhile. I took that to mean that maybe she would meet up with Asajj again and that there would still be episodes featuring her, just not involving Jedi. Not that she was done with the show.

She became such a popular character, and I thought Filoni even said that having her leave the order was something of a late decision and that it was originally written that the Jedi would apologize to Ahsoka and that she would stay a Jedi. It coincidentally works as a send off for the character, since the series is cancelled. But for the show to go 7-8 seasons, I felt like it was implied that she would crop up again eventually, even if it wasn't until Season 7.

As for Rex, I always had the feeling that he would be important enough not to have his fate settled until the finale arc.

Fives' fate is someone I could have seen going soon though. I kind of felt like it was going to be a Band of Brothers style thing where clones come in, become experienced, and then die only to be replaced by new inexperienced faces, and then repeat. Fives, other than Rex, really seemed like he was of the old guard relative to clones like Dogma. I would think that Fives death could have served to further develop Rex's character. His experiences with Slick, Cut and then the senseless death of his brothers and seeing them replaced by younger, more blindly obedient clones (just as he used to be) would wear him down.

His experiences with Slick, Cut and Fives are all different takes that really show clones that are sick of how they are being treated.

One joined the CIS; one went AWOL; and the other stayed loyal to the Republic but began to question orders and do what he felt was right, culminating in a coup against Krell. Such experiences then seemed like they would strongly have an impact upon Rex, and with the death of Fives and seeing him replaced by some "shiny" that blindly obeys orders would just show how messed up the clones' situation is and how much of a waste each death is.

With TCW cancelled and loose ends left hanging to be tied up. My ideal fate for Rex, would be to have Rex survive right up until Order 66, and then either commit suicide once his programming (that is what it looks like to me from the bonus preview) starts to kick in; or that he would refuse to participate, try to get through to his brothers, and then have Vader kill him and field promote Appo immediately before the attack on the temple.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Keep in mind they could always do alternate endings to wrap up a characters' fates since it was announced the show was cancelled. May not have had a Rex fate originally but they may tack one on if it flows naturally with the arc. They did alternate scenes with some early episodes as witnessed on the Archives material on the Blu ray sets.

Not saying it will work for everything or that it's a great idea, but it could happen. At least it could tie things up.

Dave mentioned at the Celebration panel on Rebels that they have more access to animation resources now that theyre under the Disney umbrella, so this could help in getting the work done or reworked more quickly. I highly recommend those who are interested in the details to check out the full Rebels panel, there are a few out on YouTube. He goes into way more detail on animation compared to the little tweeted sound bytes.

7. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Just because things about Rex will be explored in the arc doesn't mean his final fate was going to happen in that arc. He will obviously have strong feelings on the matter, he is one of the last of the clones that are so free thinking and individualized, we saw in Hidden Enemy, Rookies and Clone Cadets that even grunts had different personality's like the higher ranking clones yet now we see they aren't like that. From Season 3 on we didn't see many clones like that, all wore the same armor and the same haircuts. They accepted who they were.

Now Rex has to deal with Tup killing a Jedi and obviously things are going to come up within the arc about Order 66 and if the Jedi knew about it being apart of the clones orders. The whole arc can be real interesting.

My main point though is the Order 66 arc was going to be around in Season 6 anyway and Rex was probably going to be around until the final season and final arcs. I don't think they'll kill off Rex(story telling wise and marketing wise) after just getting rid of Ahsoka in Season 5 finale. Season 7 seemed to be the end game and his fate seemed to be tied to that final season.

We'll see what happens though, all that could change with the cancellation of the show.

8. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    What I meant was that though their was a late decision in Ahsoka's fate at the end of Season 5, it must have happened a lot sooner then December 2012, otherwise all the work they would have put into Season 6 stories would be null and void because I simply can't see Ahsoka simply not being around in some of the storyarcs that we know of. I would have thought she'd be involved in Order 66 arc because of Anakin being on the battlefield (I know that she wasn't always there anyway but I could see her being involved in major missions like that...) It's a difficult thing to judge but I think the decision was made before Comic Con/Celebration last year regarding Ahsoka's fate at the end of Season 5 ('This year is a big year for Ahsoka' - I think the impact of that statement would have been lost if they hadn't already made the decision for her to leave the Order). I just think it makes more sense for the change in Ahsoka's fate to have happened middway through the year rather then right at the end of 2012, so for me I think its likely that the dialogue was changed but the ending we got was already set in stone by that point.

I would say that Ahsoka was definitely meant to reappear. Probably with Ventress. But I don't think she was slated for Season 6 though. I would imagine the Ventress story arc and the Yoda/Wookie arc was material being made for Season 7. Since we basically know the contents of Season 6 now with the exception of one unknown story arc.

This ^^

That's what I thought could have been his ideal fate...

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I always did kinda like the idea Rex falls on his own sword so to speak.

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Re: the Clovis arc, I don't recall anyone noting the similarities to On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Its one of my favorite films, and I enjoyed previous homages to 007 during TCW. Considering the film's melancholy ending, I wonder if Crisis At The Heart will also feature a character death (duh, Clovis), but hopefully not a predictable one.
    [​IMG]

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The article I read at the time said that originally the arc ended with Ahsoka back in the Jedi Order, and it was changed very last-moment. And we know what was going on internally at that last moment. I'm just putting two and two together.

12. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Idk how disappointed I'd be, if Ahsoka went back to the Jedi. That would be a stupid outcome to a four-part arc that was intended to shake the faith of Ahsoka and Anakin. It would be Shadow Warrior x 4.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  14. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Haha, me too!
    I'm just saying, the reason people disliked Shadow Warrior was the "reset" at the end. If Ahsoka returned to the Order, it would be a similar situation. IMHO the exit of Ahsoka by her own choice was a beautiful pay-off to all the **** she had to endure.

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Hmm I guess there is conflicting information out there then. I must admit I find it difficult to believe that Season 6 which was said to be nearly completed by November 2012 - all the work they've done on it - may be null and void if Ahsoka's fate was changed late in the day especially if she was originally written into those arcs. Oh well, unless the full facts of this ever comes out then all we can do is speculate...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My opinion of Ahsoka's "send off" is pretty well known so I'll just say "beautiful" is not how I'd describe it. I liked Shadow Warrior though, in fact it's one of my favorites. I'm not seeing a comparison in the endings.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The comparison being made is between a version of the finale where Ahsoka stays with the order and the end of Shadow Warrior, that in both cases, everything would revert to the status quo by the end...

And I would argue that Ahsoka's send-off is at least visually beautiful.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The article in the Insider had Filoni saying that when they wrote it originally, Ahsoka comes back to the order, and they changed it... but that could've been early in the writing process 1-2 years before air. I don't think we have a quote that said that major change was made at the last minute, only dialogue tweaks.

hlc88 likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would think a lot more of her if she had put her braid back on and hugged Anakin, instead of folding his fingers over her braid.

The end of Shadow Warrior was awesome though.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd say the animation going into the Sunset or perhaps even a Sunrise is beautiful.

21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

In retrospect that was the perfect way to end the series... It's bittersweet now when I look back on it.

Seerow likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

That's why we need to take the licence to call it a sunrise. The sun rises on the next chapter. It is bittersweet.

cwustudent and hlc88 like this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Awesome catch!

Are you assuming Clovis will die impaled on something?! Even though the chase scene in Clovis clip is before the battle scenes we see in the main S5 trailer. Of that I am sure...

Great example of a waste of time in the form of an episode, but now you got the others to mention this abomination. I am happy pointed out that the lame return to the status quo at the end + Grievous's humiliation are the worst things in TCW alongside Evil Plans for many people.

Good for you! :p

o_O

Good for you too!
    The reason most people hated the episode is cause it was full of gungans, Grievous got ruined and humiliated by those rejects from "Evolution" and, yes, the end was a piss on the wounds cause by the lazy and short duel.
    WORST... EPISODE... EVER!

VILE, VILE EPISODE... ewwww...aawwwhhh... ewwwwwwww... disgusting episode. I have not watched it since I made the Season Four villains megamix a year ago... eeeeewwwwww

The metaphore and symoblism were amazing! Great end to the season and Ahsoka's part of the show.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Perhaps the homage to OHMSS is limited to the bobsled chase and snowy locale, but I hope not. I'm assuming Clovis will be the arc's antagonist. The guy's a traitor, so yeah I'm assuming he'll be dead by the end. It seems Embo's employer, whoever that is, wants Clovis dead as much as Anakin does.

25. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The problem with Shadow Warrior is that they didn't really explore the whole point of the episode - that is that Padme is just as irrational in terms of her love to Anakin as Anakin is to Padme. Instead of truly exploring her decision, and showing us the turmoil of her basically deciding between the Republic and Anakin... Jar Jar just says "We should sava Anakin, don't ya think?". End episode.

Great concept, terrible execution.

Season 4 is my favourite season and Shadow Warrior is the only episode that underwhelmed me.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.