main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    There was that weird moment also where Pablo said some of the leftover arcs could become spinoff movies or the ideas could be re-worked into spinoff movies. At that point Dave looked like "I can't believe you revealed that." Some folks jumped the gun and said "i don't want to see a live action version of so-and-so" but that's not the only option. They could just make a high quality animated movie for something like the Yoda and the Wookiees arc, which would probably be very popular amongst a bigger cross-section, and less reliant on prior Clone Wars context.

Back to the one we were discussing, I think the Obi-Wan/Anakin arc would only make sense to complete as an actual Clone Wars episode. It seems so tied to the series itself and includes characters and situations that were connected to that time period. It seems like it would be great in the Bonus Material, especially if its acting like an "epilogue" to the situation with Ahsoka.

hlc88 and Circular Logic like this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I get the impression that there has probably been some talk about continuing the show in other ways which would be fine with me. I think perhaps Disney may have been surprised at the fan reaction to the cancellation and may be reassessing the situation. If Disney was involved in that decision, it could have been Lucasfilm itself and they didn't expect the reaction that caused it. I expect there have been many internal meetings discussing this and 'movies' may be a notion that could be being considered.

I agree. Based on the scant info known about that arc it could be a good arc to finish the bonus content off on, especially if it deals with the Ahsoka situation as I think that needs to be addressed. Anakin needs closure on that. Either way it wasn't mentioned as not being released like the Ventress arc and Yoda/Wookies arc, so this one could be on the fence.

Watto likes this.
  3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I like the idea that Lucasfilm/Disney is listening to the fans and looking for new ways to continue these stories. If you have the new animation resources at Disney, it would be great to be able to utilize them.

If I was being realistic/pesimistic, I may throw in that so far they've said their focusing most of their efforts on Episode 7-9 and the spinoff movies, so they wouldn't devote time/money/resources to trying to finish Clone Wars stories. I've also wondered if they're putting us fans "on ice" in order to get us feeling so deprived of Star Wars, that we'll go bananas when we finally start to get their movies.

However, it must be said that Rebels is in full production and so they truly ARE putting resources into animation. So there is something to be hopeful about! :)

hlc88 likes this.
  4. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I think that is their tactic... limit us of Star Wars stuff and then hope we will go mad. But the people who would be working on episode 7-9 and any spinoff movies wouldn't be working in the animation department unless they are planning on animation films. I think that is possible there is a lot of stuff they are working on that simply hasn't been released yet and they will probably over saturate the market in 2015.

I just hope Rebels is a worthy successor to TCW.

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    hlc88 I was thinking that they are coveting even the concept designers, artists, and animatics people that could be working on animation, and having them focus on the feature films.

6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

That is a point... I didn't consider that.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    But hopefully not completely true! The Rebels concept art from CEII was dated March 13, 2013 (just after TCW cancelation), and I'm almost sure those artists will keep working on the show. Also luckily they already have art and in some cases animatics for Clone Wars bonus material.

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Not a very good tactic if they're limiting you of Star Wars stuff for less than a year. :p

Or if you're like me and read the novels... not limiting you at all.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Y'know I would kill to see a live-action Savage on the big screen. If only they hadn't killed him off so early. :_|

Also while we're on the subject, wasn't there a rumor of a Darth Maul spinoff movie a while back? Or am I misremembering things?

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

True. I did find it strange they hadn't even started animating Rebels yet... so I did wonder if the majority of the Rebels team are trying to finish the TCW stuff first, but there will come a point when Rebels has to be put into motion and become the priority...

I read the novels but haven't bought any in a while.

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I knew you were talking about the visual stuff anyway.

I'm just so sly, you see. ;)

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've got enough novels to catch up on, especially with the upcoming Kenobi novel, that I'm not concerned about running out of Star Wars before Rebels premiers.

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I know what you mean... Without any info to go on, I'm hopeful that all the Disney extra animation resources Filoni mentioned are helping them finish all their projects faster.

Without there being any D23 announcements, we are having to make our own news here...

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

You are sly :p

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

True.

And going over and over the same points again and again in our discussions :p

EDIT: Oops, my apologies, I forgot to edit my last post with this reply.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have lost all faith in Disney to deliver some good news for something I care about. Even though... I didn't have much faith in them at the moment they killed the show.

Why did we expect D23 to be a place where Disney would promote TCW?!

Obviously they care more about idiotic rides than making good television.

I doubt that meant Pixar, but I hope whatever Disney have helps TCW episodes be completed.

There is so much Star Wars in this world at this point that you can spend every day until the Bonus Content comes out just reading everything - comics, novels and so on and so on. Even Wookiepedia has so much info to give you time-filler for, at least, a couple of months of non stop Star Wars education... LOL

Almost right after?! I hate when I learn things like that... kinda pisses me off how fast they got working on a new show. The corpse is still fresh, but hey... there is still money to be for the evil Empire of the Mouse.

If nothing comes out of D23 - AT ALL I mean... What is our next hope for news?!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Rebels was already being mooted/considered/thought about before the Disney buy-out. If they were already winding TCW down prior to that (certainly settling on an ending for the series meant that they were getting to that point) then it makes sense for them to have been working on it anyway... Its only with the Disney buy-out that Rebels has been moved forward quicker then it should have been...

When starwwars.com randomly updates on a weekday announcing the bonus material? :p

18. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    That is so... depressing.:(

I was hoping the bonus content would be released this autumn or winter just like the other seasons, but seeing how we still get no news that will probably not happen. I will miss being rewarded with a preview for getting up early in the morning...

Do we still have only three arcs confirmed?

You're right, there was that rumor.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ed-on-‘star-wars’-characters.50009238/page-27

Since this version can't feature Savage I vote for a spinoff set between "Revenge" and "Revival".

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, the kind folks here just brought me up to speed. Order 66/Trench arc for four episodes, Plo Koon/Sifo Dyas(/Sith Temple?) for four episodes, and Clovis for three.

[face_hypnotized] =P~ [face_praying]

20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    It could still be this year?

Erm I think hints were given back at Celebration a few weeks ago that pointed to the Bounty Hunter arc being released as well so that makes 4 arcs and 15 episodes in total but officially 3 so far. My impression is that they are also still deciding on what else to release so there could be more.

21. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    Dark Lord Tarkas hlc88 Thanks, you two.

Bounty hunter arc sounds good. Something has to make up for the lack of Cad Bane in this season.

And I would like to see the stuff coming this year, but I have the feeling that if things are not promoted yet, they will be released next year. However, that is only my impression.

hlc88 likes this.
  22. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    The Bounty Hunter arc should be good, but I worry about the fates of Cad Bane and Aurra Sing. I really hope both survive the series and return for Rebels.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

You are right. But this thread is not the place for Rebel scum.:p

Indeed about the OS. Like the way out of nowhere they spat out the Plo Koon clip... I was like WHAT THE HECK!?!?!

As of this moment, NO STAR WARS NEWS from D23. DISNEY, you failed us again... CURSE YOU!

So true, hl. It is starting to feel and I hope it is that. If they are still gathering all they could gather and making sure nothing is left that could be released as a story then the waiting makes sense to me. I could understand them having a slower production rate with many people gone and Rebels being made too.

If anything TCW bonus content has to take a little longer than a normal season to make and release if you ask me. If it is not a full season then it could be made for the same time and rush as a complete season before the cancellation so I can see TCW bonus content arriving as a X-mas gift.

It will be just good to see them again in any form and get some confirmation where they go. I would be happy if they die or live.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    It will probably happen exactly like that. We will get bored of waiting, conclude that they aren't going to be released and then get an announcement on a random Tuesday or something on the OS :p

Yeah it will have a slower production rate. If they intend to release more then half a season then it will take longer because some arcs were probably in many stages of production. Things like Order 66 arc was likely completed already and the Yoda arc probably still being worked on, same for Bounty Hunter arc. If we also get arcs that would have been second half of season 6 then they might be less complete then the first half, so with less man power, more time will be needed to finish off. I hope for Xmas blu-ray release. That would be good.

Though since Pablo said they might release material that is unfinished as well that makes me think that would be as bonus features on a DVD/blu-ray set. So I reckon there will at least be a DVD/blu-ray release somewhere down the line. If not, I will not be happy :p

25. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    If Cad Bane should die in that arc, I just wouldn't consider it canon. After all it's only bonus content, you know. It's like bonus scenes for a movie - they are there, but not part of the film.;)