main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    For some reasons I have these weird visions of a dude in a batman costume just scarfing friend chicken from a KFC bucket, no offense. =b

Close and more than we think? This makes Seerow happy.

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

They must be spying on us if they know what we think we are expecting :p

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

It wouldn't be the first time it seemed like they were directing a tweet, a video, maybe even a character at the WACs.

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Is this the most visible forum for TCW discussion, aside from the OS?

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Yes

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Just to control the rumor mill a bit, I found the actual audio from Pablo's panel on YouTube, this is part 2 (part 1 has video, this doesnt) and at 18:00 he starts taking questions:

So most of what was said about "more than we think" and the "unfinished" stuff is accurate... But note he also says they don't call it Season 6 because it's less than a full season :( Sad trombone...

Oh well that's cool that he thinks we are getting more than "we think" and that they are working on it "as we speak."

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    "More than you think" = a reply to the Facebook campaign people who haven't really kept up with current information and still think we're only getting two arcs.

8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Exactly PC, and if you think there will be a whole season... I guess less than you think. :/

Although if you add the finished and unfinished stuff together, perhaps a season plus...? (Bright side)

9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    That is great news, it would be a real treat if this hit in a month or so, or at least before the holidays.

I would love if we got a Bonus Content trailer, Lucasfilm always makes such great trailers.

10. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Unfortunately if you compare what she is saying with what Pablo actually said he didn't say we would be getting them soon, but that they would be announcing how they are releasing them soon. As much as I am dying for them as everyone else I think we are still a bit aways. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm putting the line of episodes at 12! And I'm gonna take the over, dammit!

12. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    My bet's at 15. 19 if we're lucky (Hey, a full season's 20 episodes darn it...)

Realistically, I think it's going to be...

Clovis
    Order 66 Arc
    Yoda/Plo Koon Arc
    Bounty Hunters Arc

That'd be 15 episodes total, and roughly in line with every hint we've gotten so far. If we're lucky, there's MAYBE one more arc there.

13. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    15 episodes does seem like a good bet, yeah. Anyone wondering on what episodes may have unfinished animation? I think Clovis will be fine considering it is Season 5 production era, and Order 66 will probably be done too. I hope they finish the Yoda arc because that looks incredibly important to Clone Wars mythos so I'd rather it have an official sheen.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    "Close to pushing it out" sounds interesting. If it's true that we'll see these soon, I wonder if it will be in September (and a trailer should be released prior to that).

15. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I have to say I'm not keen on them using an unconventional distribution method. All my CW epidodes are from iTunes, and I'd like it to stay that way, especially as I then import them into Final Cut Pro and make my own edits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    It's good that we can hear exactly what he says. Less then a full season... Well a full season is usually 22 episodes, with Season 5 being the exception at 20.

Yeah I think you are right. I am now hoping there is one more arc after the Bounty Hunters arc - that would make 19 episodes which technically is less then a full season.

Come on Lucasfilm give me the Obi-Wan/Anakin arc. I don't care if it has unfinished animation (though by rights it should have been nearly completed by March of this year) I just want to see it. I'm probably the only one who even cares about the existence of that arc... I just think it would be a good way to finish off TCW with, an arc that focuses on their friendship - if that is what that arc was about anyway. We actually don't know... its just an assumption based on minimal information from Celebration last year and the work-in-progress animation clip that was shown.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You definitely aren't the only one. Before cancellation, I was hoping for a final season that would focus on the Anakin/Obi-Wan dynamic to lead into ROTS in a character sense.

If they could finish that arc and include it... that would be the perfect final arc. Ending Season 5 with an exploration of Anakin/Ahsoka then ending "Season 6" with an exploration of Anakin/Obi-Wan just makes sense to me.

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

My only hope for it being included is that it wasn't mentioned in the arcs we weren't going to see (ala Yoda/Wookie arc and Ventress arc which I would assume would have been early Season 7) and if the team have forgotten that they did show progression of it last year and think we have forgotten about it, they can think again! But what Pablo Hidalgo said that parts of the bonus content would be a mix of complete and incomplete episodes... makes me wonder if they plan to release it will it be fully completed or incomplete or would we only get snippets from it? I think its possible that parts of this arc could be included and its probably one of the ones that would be incompleted if they have decided to release it since it is the back end of what would have been season 6.

19. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Haven't read this thread that much, sorry. Anyway, has there been any date when the bonus episodes will start being launched?

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

That makes is sound like they are going to try to cut completed parts of incomplete episodes into one episode or possibly might try to splice stuff into a movie.

21. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I just want to get some real information om how much we are getting, and when and how. Since the bonus content was anounced 5 months ago we have hardly gotten any direct information about what to expect.

Im thinking 4 arcs and 15 episodes sounds about right from the tidbits we have gotten, at least 11-12 seems certain, since we are getting at leat three Arcs.

Im getting slightly worried about how they are going to distribute it, if we arent getting blu-rays it would be a huge disapointment.

My interest in episodes with unfinished animation is pretty much 0%, if it isnt finished it wont feel real.

Darth_Harmon likes this.
  22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm setting my expectations low... for sanity purposes. At least we're probably getting more than Clovis, Order 66, and Yoda/Sifo Dyas arc.

I'm going to be careful with the Anakin/Obi-Wan stuff. For all we know that production code 601 campfire scene was a one-off scene in an episode about rescuing Meebur Gascon (probably not, I realize). Maybe the material James Arnold Taylor teased which included the Obi-Wan/Anakin friendship stuff was much later in Season 6 or early Season 7. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get to see it, and I do agree it would be a good segway into Episode 3. I think the other half of that segway for me would include tying up how the Clones evolved into their Episode 3 mindset, and Rex's fate.

Regarding the unfinished stuff, maybe they don't want to just dump the unfinished animatics with crew doing the voices (see the Archives section of the blu-rays), and maybe they'll do something more aesthetically pleasing. If they have the cast recordings, they could pair it up with artwork and motion comic panels with music and sound effects. If they have some of the scenes actually finished, they could splice those in with the motion comic stuff in a more artistic way, i.e. screen wipe between them.

Circular Logic and hlc88 like this.
  23. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: the instant they say something about when we'll get the bonus content, they will then have a deadline. A deadline means there's a cap on how much finished material we get. My hope is that they've been working under the radar for as long as possible, and that they won't stop until Disney makes them stop.

This is the last TCW material we will ever see. If there's ever been a time to be patient, it's right now.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Nope not yet but they are allegedly getting ready to make an announcement about it.

Good point. I guess as long as we get more then we were expecting it seems good?

I'm hoping for blu-ray too but I suspect a launch online will determine whether it gets it in the end. If there is enough interest for it online they may release it on blu-ray for a limited time. It wouldn't feel complete if it wasn't released on blu-ray at all. Perhaps if we lobbied for a blu-ray release they may consider it - that is if they are not already considering the blu-ray release....

25. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Not sure what to think about the idea of episodes containing unfinished animation. As mentioned, it really wouldn't "feel real" and would really take me out of the story. I'd prefer the incomplete episodes to be finished or stuck in the vault.

But given they'll likely release unfinished animation, my hope is that they make a clear division between the completed content and the incomplete stuff. I'd very much like it if Clovis, Order 66, Yoda and Bounty Hunters are completed. Maybe another arc or stand-alone episode that wraps things up and leads into the microseries and Episode VII. Really make it clear that THIS IS THE SERIES FINALE. I want a clear final episode or final moment for the series (I don't accept The Wrong Jedi as a final episode, especially given we're seeing episodes that take place after). At most, I accept The Wrong Jedi as the final episode of the seasons. The Clone Wars movie is the premiere of the series, and I'd like one of the bonus content arcs to act as a clear finale with completed animation throughout.

Then I'd be okay if we got remaining materials unfinished in a "extra features" sort of setting. Maybe labeled "The Untold Adventures" or something.

It would really suck if they were like "Okay folks, FINAL piece of bonus content! It's wireframe models of Anakin and Obi-Wan in an adventure that closes out The Clone Wars series!".